Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 3:09 PM
Default Give ownership of bar to employee?
OK, there may be treads up alredy but I post this anyway.

I must be missing something. Or maybe it's just impossible. I have a sim who owns a bar but I want her to give her employee the ownership as the bar makes her loose money. But that does not seem to be possible. The sim can give ownership to the other family members but not her (unrelated) employee. I did read the instructions and it says that a ownership can be transfered to an employee if that sim have skills in (in example) prepering food, making toys and so on. But this is a bar, it does not produce anything. It's just a place where the sims can go to have a drink, sing karaoke and meet. So, am I asking to much of my game or am I just plain stupid? Is it possible to give the ownership to the employee or not and how do I do that?

Thanks.

(Sorry for spelling errors, I do not use a translating tool)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 3:47 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 3rd Apr 2016 at 4:17 PM.
I'm certain that you're mixing stuff up. Employees can not be given ownership of the business, EVER. They can only be promoted to Manager at the store! But for that, they *MUST* have at least five Badge points. Bronze is 1 point, Silver is 2, Gold is 3. Add up all the badges they have, and if their total exceeds 5 points, you can promote them to manager. But the manager does NOT get ownership of the store. They just get to run the business in the absense of your sim. So your sim is making a profit (or a loss) from that lot every day, even if they are not there. (But you must call the manager on the phone once every day to GET the proceeds.)
Ownership can really ONLY be given to other household members. That's how the OfB EP was designed.

Maybe there are ways to make the business more profitable. Remember that any employee's wages are dependent on what skills and badges they have. The more skill points and the more badges, the higher their wages. And the Manager is the most expensive of them all. An employee gets a base salary of §15/h, plus §1/h for each skill point, plus §5/h for each badge point. So an employee without any skills or badges requires only §120 per 8-hour work day (§15 per hour), while an employee with all skills and all badges maxed sets you back a whopping §2000 per 8-hour work day (§250 per hour). THAT is hard to earn back in any bar.

So take a good, long, hard look at your Employee's skills and badges, and seriously consider hiring someone a little less skillful. Because if they're only there to mix drinks, I believe they don't need any skills or badges at all.
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 5:35 PM
Well, you can actually sell the lot by setting a price for the deed (IDK if it must be done outside the lot in question because I assume it's not a good idea to sell the lot you're currently in). If you're lucky, a townie will purchase it because they have infinite money, but eventually it will be the same as selling the lot from the computer; it loses its ownership and becomes a regular community lot. IIRC, if you sell it to a Garden Club member instead, the ownership becomes the said member's but you can't edit the lot anymore -- only visit it -- because it's a bug.

I like to do that for a store that sells crafted objects / things that aren't sold in Buy mode. I want Sims to have access to the objects somehow from a store, but I don't want any of my Sims to manage the store. Let's say the store has infinite supply of apples because the stock never actually runs out when you're visiting the store as a different household.

Why would you want to give the ownership to the employee if you don't want it anymore, though? Is your employee a playable Sim and not a townie?

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 7:49 PM
@nikel23: indeed, one can sell the lot. But in the terms of this game, selling isn't exactly the same as transferring ownership. When you transfer ownership, you simply *give* the business away to another member of the household. Also, selling the lot to any other sim will not work directly. Your sim can only sell the lot back to the community, and then another (playable) sim can buy it. If you are right that you *can* actually sell it to a garden club member, then that must indeed be a bug!!!

Your last question is a good point, though. If the employee is a playable from another family, it suddenly begins to make sense to give the lot away. Just sad that they can't do it that way...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 7:53 PM
Do you have a ticket machine and let the clients pay entrance fees? Because that is how bars make money in my experience.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Also, selling the lot to any other sim will not work directly. Your sim can only sell the lot back to the community, and then another (playable) sim can buy it.

I thought that it was possible to put deeds for community lots up for sale?

Also, OP, have you tried temporarily moving the employee in with the owner's household in order to transfer ownership of the lot to the employee? I know that vacation homes can be transferred to sims from other households if you temporarily move them in with the owner, transfer the lot to them and then move them back into their original household. Not sure how one would do it if the employee lived alone, but I'm sure there's a work-around of some kind!

I don't know if this will work for a) business lots and b) transfers between completely unrelated owners, as I usually use it so that adult siblings can share an inherited vacation home, but it may be worth a try!
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 9:20 PM
It might be possible to put the deed up for sale, but that is not the point. I'm just not sure if - in case of a sale - with the paper, the ownership will also be properly transfered. One might try and see if it works, but I would advise making a backup first!
But the OP just wants to give it away, so putting it up for sale is totally irrelevant here.

Totally unrelated owners don't really matter. As long as they're members of the same household, it should work. Although it *is* possible that the procedure is rigged to demand a certain relationship level such as Best Friends or BFFs.
Theorist
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 10:15 PM
Quote:
I thought that it was possible to put deeds for community lots up for sale?

It is possible to put deeds for community lots up for sale.
When I want a playable to sell his/her business, the buyer goes to the lot and buys the lot. I then fix the ownership with the batbox.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 10:54 PM
I think that should be possible, simply move them in and I bet the transfer lot ownership will show up. if not pull out the simblender and set them as family and try again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
It is possible to put deeds for community lots up for sale.
When I want a playable to sell his/her business, the buyer goes to the lot and buys the lot. I then fix the ownership with the batbox.

See? There you have it! You need to fix ownership with the batbox. So apparently, the game itself is not really prepared for selling businesses this way. Selling the deed does not properly transfer business ownership.

So it *can* be done, but it's not complete unless you use a mod to fix things...

And this still doesn't fix giving the business away the way the OP wanted to do it. But moving the other sim into the household might solve that, if needed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:19 AM
That isn't giving the business though. That's reselling it with no perks. If you transfer lot ownership you also need to pass along the perks. Since that part is ridiculously long you may also want this mod http://www.cyjon.net/node/265

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
See? There you have it! You need to fix ownership with the batbox. So apparently, the game itself is not really prepared for selling businesses this way. Selling the deed does not properly transfer business ownership.

The way I understood that post was that the game gets confused if you sell the business that you're currently at to another sim? And that requires the Batbox to fix it. Or have I misunderstood? It would definitely make sense to me if that was the case, as I'm sure the game was not designed to allow this situation to happen.

Does selling the deed to Business A whilst running Business B also require mods to make it work properly? There is a Real Estate office in Bluewater Village, presumably it was intended to be use to sell real estate?
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That isn't giving the business though. That's reselling it with no perks. If you transfer lot ownership you also need to pass along the perks. Since that part is ridiculously long you may also want this mod http://www.cyjon.net/node/265

Yeah, if you get the other sim into the household of the business owner, and the business owner then transfers ownership to them, then they ARE in fact giving their business away for free. If the *new* business owner then moves out, the business is gone with him.

I've done this! Ok, in my case, the move in wasn't necessary: Ginger Newson simply transferred ownership of her business to her Alien daughter Yoranda, and after that, Yoranda moved out and went to college! Yoranda is now an adult, married and with children of her own, but she still owns the business, even though she never bought it. Her *mother* did!

Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
The way I understood that post was that the game gets confused if you sell the business that you're currently at to another sim? And that requires the Batbox to fix it. Or have I misunderstood? It would definitely make sense to me if that was the case, as I'm sure the game was not designed to allow this situation to happen.

Does selling the deed to Business A whilst running Business B also require mods to make it work properly? There is a Real Estate office in Bluewater Village, presumably it was intended to be use to sell real estate?

Ehhhh, you *might* be right... but that still means that selling it that way may not be the smartest thing to do. If a sim has only *one* business lot, they cannot sell the deed anywhere else but at THAT lot, after all, unless they use the channel that EA/Maxis has created for that purpose. Transferring ownership can (must?) be done at home, and is therefor much safer!
Theorist
#14 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Essa : 4th Apr 2016 at 12:51 AM.
Lol. Who said EAxis shipped us a perfect game.
I've discovered the ownership thing by accident. I since do it each time business owners move in a new house or deeds get transferred.

OP you could also try to use Christianluv's mirror transporter (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0) to move the owner to the employee's household and see if it's possible to transfer the ownership. IMO Christianluv's mirror works better than Simblender or Simlogical's cat. I wish I knew about this mod sooner.
I use this trick to pass along business perks which worked great. The sims weren't related at all. I don't recall if I did this to transmit the deed though.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:40 AM
Lol. Who said EAxis shipped us a perfect game.
I've discovered the ownership thing by accident. I since do it each time business owners move in a new house or deeds get transferred.

OP you could also try to use Christianluv's mirror transporter (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0) to move the owner to the employee's household and see if it's possible to transfer the ownership. IMO Christianluv's mirror works better than Simblender or Simlogical's cat. I wish I knew about this mod sooner.
I use this trick for pass along business perks which worked great. The sims weren't related at all. I don't recall if I did this to transmit the deed though.

I think that's a matter of taste. The SimBlender is indeed not equiped with the most practical teleporting system. But I feel much more comfortable with Inge's Teleporter Cat than with CL's mirror, which I honestly find a monster. Aaroneous' SimManipulator, though, has a very tidy teleport system. Very easy to find the right sim!
Theorist
#16 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:06 AM
Indeed.
Inge's Teleporter cat makes it simpler to teleport sims since households and needed sims are easier to find when I do gatherings.
I use Simblender when I have one sim to teleport (playable handy-woman, gardener, caretaker for example).
I'm afraid I haven't figure out yet how to teleport sims with SimManipulator.
I think CL's mirror is more powerful as it adds or removes sims to/from a household. I mostly use it to send toddlers to the daycare household.
When it'll be summer in my hood, I think some sims will spend their vacation at the farm (for example).

@BoilingOil
Why do you think CL's mirror is a monster?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:18 AM
I love the mirror since unlike most teleporters it temporarily moves a sim in making things like day care possible. I've never had any issues with it.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#18 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:25 AM
@BoilingOil
Why do you think CL's mirror is a monster?

That is a fair question, Essa. I think it's a monster, *because* it immediately adds the teleported sim into the current household... That's one of the most dangerous things there is. Especially, since, as I just explained in saturnian's thread about pregnancies, this messes with the expectations of the game. If I want to move a sim into the household with the Cat, and make them a member, I can still choose "Move sim in" or "Make selectable". I simply prefer safety over convenience when it comes to making sims selectable. And if safety means that I must perform TWO actions in stead of one, then so be it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:36 AM
So does the Simlogical school system and meeting controller. Again never had an issue with them and I could not play my game without them, so if there is some risk I am willing to accept it.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 1:39 AM
It is your own choice to use these things, Jo. You do so at your own risk. I choose *not* to risk it. I'm not telling anyone else what they must do, but I'd choose caution! :D
Scholar
#21 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 2:04 AM
If you want the employee to get the business, move her in with a mod or a cheat and then use the deed to transfer ownership to her, and then send her back to her own home (if she's a playable) or move her in somewhere (if she's not)
Alchemist
#22 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 5:24 PM
Eh, it's been years ago since I did the "put the deed on sale" thing. My memory said that the ownership transferred to the buyer (unless he's a townie), but I honestly can't tell if it's a safe thing or not. And IDK what Essa fixed with batbox by this. It's just one thing I could think of. You don't need to follow if you're afraid your game will be screwed though. I didn't really mean to suggest it; just tried to inform such a thing. I found it by accident to since Bluewater Village had a real estate community lot, so I tried to put the deed on sale. Turned out the price of the deed is as expensive as the lot.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#23 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So does the Simlogical school system and meeting controller. Again never had an issue with them and I could not play my game without them, so if there is some risk I am willing to accept it.

I would have thought that those were safe as long as you were only adding playables. It seems to be townies or NPCs that can have problems if you make them playable.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 6:00 AM
All the sims that I add to household via the school, meeting or mirror are all playables.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#25 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 7:33 AM
Inherently, with the school system you're still moving sims - playable or not - into a household where they do not belong. If there is any condition that they're 'suffering' from, the controller for that condition remains at their true home, even though *they* are not! And *that* separation of sim and controller might cause trouble. So... safe??? I expect that if you send everyone to their correct homes at the end of the day, things will be just fine. But if you make mistakes about it... It's probably a matter of gradation.

Still, I'm not saying that one shouldn't use it. And in general, I believe Inge's mods to be much safer than similar work (if it exists) from Pescado. So if anyone wants to use that stuff, why not??? The mirror, though, is not Inge's work.
Page 1 of 2