Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 10:46 AM Last edited by elly87 : 18th Apr 2016 at 11:04 AM.
Default Motive decay when my sims arrive on their owned community lot, help please
Hello! Sorry for my English.
I decided to let my sim start a shop on a community lot (not in Downtown or other sub'hood, just on the same hood where her house is). She is the owner and then her sister and her brothers (who live together with her) run the shop as cashier, restocking, creating flowers arrangments and so on, the shop sells mainly Snapdragons. When all the family arrives on the community lot, the motives (bladder, social, hunger and fun) of some of them are reset to the same level as when a sim move to a house for the first time, even if I fill all their motives to the max before they leave the house and go to work. I made some experiments and I came to the conclusion that the sims who have the decay is random, sometimes only one sim is affected, sometimes two; and that this decay (probably) do not depends on the way that sims use to go to community shop, I tried on foot and with taxi and the result is the same.
My issue is similar to this http://modthesims.info/t/563103
That thread is 7-months old, so I decided to open a new one.

Is this situation normal? Is there a way to keep the motives of my sims at the level they had when they left home to go to their shop?
Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 10:54 AM
I am not sure if it is a problem - motives drop when visiting any community lot; and how and which ones drop are also connected with personality (and imo skill points, although I cannot prove that!) Active Sims get tired and hungry sooner than lazy ones; palyful Sims will find their fun dropping sooner when there is nothing to play with, etc. You need to have things at the owned business to take care of their needs - that is how the game works. There has to be food for the owner and/or staff, something fun to do (darts, chess, TV) and so on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I am not sure if it is a problem - motives drop when visiting any community lot; and how and which ones drop are also connected with personality (and imo skill points, although I cannot prove that!) Active Sims get tired and hungry sooner than lazy ones; palyful Sims will find their fun dropping sooner when there is nothing to play with, etc. You need to have things at the owned business to take care of their needs - that is how the game works. There has to be food for the owner and/or staff, something fun to do (darts, chess, TV) and so on.

I meant that the motives of some of them (even if they have exactly the same personality) drop immediately as soon as their arrive on the lot, not if they stay on the lot for long. I am not new to the game, I play since Sims 1, so I know the mechanics of the game
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:47 AM
That sounds strange to me, I've never seen that. Do they arrive to their business normally with arrive in their queue? It sounds like they are somehow resetting like a new move in, although then you would expect everyone's bladder to be slightly low not just one random sim. I would make a backup and test it in a test hood with no cc and see if it still happens there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That sounds strange to me, I've never seen that. Do they arrive to their business normally with arrive in their queue? It sounds like they are somehow resetting like a new move in, although then you would expect everyone's bladder to be slightly low not just one random sim. I would make a backup and test it in a test hood with no cc and see if it still happens there.

Yes, they arrive normally. The strange thing is that it happens not for all the sims that arrive, but one or two, randomly. What should normally happen? I am new to shops on community lots (I had a bunch of home-business but now I want to expand my town).
I will do a test and report the result here. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 12:05 PM
So it is random Sims each time? What did you do with them between visits? (I mean - were two of them ill, have recovered and now others are ill?) The randomness is really strange - if you had a conflict of some kind, or a reset, I'd expect all of their needs to be dropping in the same way.
Jo, do you think any mod could do that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 12:31 PM
I am doing some tests again in my hood and in another one I had never used before. With CC in both hoods there is the same problems, sometimes there is motive decay of one or two sims, other times there is no motive decay.
It is random each time, yes @Justpetro.
They are not ill, I am sure about it as they come back from work, I use "sethour" to 5PM, make them eat, have a bath etc and go to sleep. No contacts with other sims.
Now I am going to test without CC.
In my game I have few mods, this is the list:
-Cjon jar
-Gussy up mod
-beds and showers for visitors
-Triplets and Quads mod by Twojeffs
-BoilingOil's mod for more than 8 sims for household
-School does not decrease fun from Whiterider here on MTS
-Skills on community lots
-Longer seasons mod (7 days)
All my mods are in a separate directory inside Downloads folder
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 12:44 PM
It is normal for Sims to have motive drops when arriving to community lots, I suppose it's to simulate the trip there taking time and motives dropping meanwhile. Happens all the time for me. I'm 95% sure I've seen a mod that stops it, but I have no idea from who and where :/

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 12:53 PM
@gummilut, at this point I think you are right.
I did some tests without CC and it happens the same, there is random motive decay, sometimes there is no motive decay at all. I would like to find a mod for this too .. it is annoying to have this decay, especially if there is a business on community lot and my sims are supposed to start working, not to have a second breakfast in the same morning...
At this point I think I will max their motives with cheats, as I consider this situation a glitch of the game and really a nonsense in my opinion.
Thank you everybody for helping
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:00 PM
You need some essential mods in your game, @elly87 - I note that you do not have BoilingOil's NoSimLoaded, for one - they are essential because they keep your game, and your hood safe, so please read this thread here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 3:04 PM
@Justpetro, thanks a lot for linking the page!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:09 PM
This sort of thing happens to me, too. Energy drops like a rock. But I assumed it was a normal game challenge and just try to monitor needs. Usually my home businesses are run by multiple family members, so the owner will work on one badge and someone else will do other jobs, and they'll switch off who gets breaks. As long as somebody's available for the re If there isn't enough family for that, or family isn't available, that's what employees are for. As long as the register's covered, the business will be fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:13 PM
You are welcome
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:59 PM
I do find I have to constantly use the Sim Blender whenever my Sims are on a community lot.

Yes. I cheat.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#15 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:21 PM
i'm pretty sure its the snapdragons. when made properly they boost motives, when made improperly they drain them.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Forum Resident
#16 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:41 PM
Having a sim drive to the lot seems to keep the motives from changing as much. I say seems because I haven't tested it systematically.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:03 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 19th Apr 2016 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Fixing typo
Tried to google to see if I could find the mod I feel like I've seen, but no luck. You could always play with testingcheats on, and drag motives to what you think they should be. Or use simblender/insim/simmanipulator if you aren't comfortable with testingcheats.

Maybe someone who knows the mod sees this and can tell us where it's from, if it exists

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:18 PM
Perhaps I just don't notice then.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 11:48 PM
@gazaniab AMEN! I don't worry about community lots, but owned businesses I always have motive objects around. My flamingos are life savers.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Undead Molten Llama
#20 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 12:12 AM
I'm with @gummilutt that this is normal game behavior. (But I don't recall ever seeing a mod that addresses this, though.) I play lots of owned community lots, and the the owners always arrive at their business for the day with motives the way the OP describes. In fact, I kind of rely on it sometimes, like if the lot-owner was, for instance, in need of a meal at the time he/she needs to leave to run their business, I just don't worry about it because I know that it'll be taken care of due to the motive "reset."

I do think there's a difference in this regard between lot owners and playable visitors to unowned community lots, though. In my experience, the lot owners (and any household members who might travel to the lot with him/her) get the "reset," but playable visitors to unowned community lots do not.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#21 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 2:50 AM
I usually just place a "Please Yourself Plant" for the owner and his/her household members (to be found at Simlogical). Or, if I *do* want to include the customers in the goodness of the cheat (which would take away the fun), then I place a single Need Freak to keep up the relevant motives for everyone.
Scholar
#22 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 3:25 AM
I'm telling you the snap dragons aren't functioning properly.

"A badly crafted "Evil Snapdragon" does the opposite. Whenever the Evil Snapdragon activates, it will emit a green mist and decrease every motive but Energy and Environment. It is possible to kill a Sim this way; if an Evil Snapdragon reduces a Sim's Hunger motive to zero, he or she will starve."

From Sims 2 wiki article on Snapdragon Bouquet.

One or some of the snapdragons are bad and killing your sims whenever they go to that lot.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 3:32 AM
A snap dragon only affects the room it's in, it would not affect Sims as they arrive on the lot unless it's placed outside. And I don't use snap dragons in my game, so that's definitely not it for me. There are multiple threads on this in the past, snap dragons are not a common denominator for them.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 4:18 AM
I don't normally use any mood boost at businesses, I just play as normal. if I have hired staff I will do snap dragons if they are available but I haven't even got a florist in Coral Bay yet.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
I'm telling you the snap dragons aren't functioning properly.

"A badly crafted "Evil Snapdragon" does the opposite. Whenever the Evil Snapdragon activates, it will emit a green mist and decrease every motive but Energy and Environment. It is possible to kill a Sim this way; if an Evil Snapdragon reduces a Sim's Hunger motive to zero, he or she will starve."

From Sims 2 wiki article on Snapdragon Bouquet.

One or some of the snapdragons are bad and killing your sims whenever they go to that lot.

As also Gummilutt says, snapdragons boost or drain the motives in a room. Also, the shop is selling snapdragons only recently, but the problem with motives'decay started before that and it happens also in other shops where there are not snapdragons (in any case I always keep them inside, and the decay happens outside as soon as my sims arrive on the lot).
Page 1 of 2