Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 10:33 PM Last edited by mrsharrypedwardc : 20th Feb 2012 at 10:56 PM.
I'm rather confused... I've never done one of these major challenges before, and I feel like a noob. ._. But I really like this one. A few questions:
1.) So we make the world and plant the houses but leave no one in it but our Queen. Will the homes populate themselves, is that how we obtain our drones? Also, if this is the case, how do we stop the workers from moving into the nursery homes?
2.) Blank lot... so our Queen has to find some way to make money, fast? xDD How much money is allowed at the start?

EDIT: Also, are we allowed to use ANY mods? I have Twallan's story progression, is that alright? I still want to use my clothing so I'll be separating all the game changes xDDD
Advertisement
Space Pony
#27 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsharrypedwardc
I'm rather confused... I've never done one of these major challenges before, and I feel like a noob. ._. But I really like this one. A few questions:
1.) So we make the world and plant the houses but leave no one in it but our Queen. Will the homes populate themselves, is that how we obtain our drones? Also, if this is the case, how do we stop the workers from moving into the nursery homes?
2.) Blank lot... so our Queen has to find some way to make money, fast? xDD How much money is allowed at the start?

EDIT: Also, are we allowed to use ANY mods? I have Twallan's story progression, is that alright? I still want to use my clothing so I'll be separating all the game changes xDDD

Typical EA Story Progession automatically populates the town with homeless sims and overtime move sims into the empty houses. Twallan's SP can alter this.

You don't have to make the world. Here are blank copies of Sunset Valley and Riverview that someone cleared out the houses. They're game files so just make a duplicate of them so you don't mess up the original.

About whether or not Twallan's SP is allowed, is up to the creator of the challenge.

Single sim household starts out with §16500 so that's your starting money, things will be tight that first drone. But if you have him grow special seeds you're bound to get some money trees :D
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:33 AM
That's what I thought, Enirei. I have a 3 bedroom worker home and a 7 bedroom nursery. I find that if I kick the drone and kids out they go straight to the nursery homes. With MasterController and SP, they would take 30% of the household funds, so I turned that off and then turned off the child support. There was no way I could afford 3k per nursery house.

I did get the worker home under 19k, but the nursery one is almost 50k with just the basic stuff listed and I put outdoor stuff too. Trampoline, hopscotch, child stove and the table to sell the goods. I also put one treehouse and a water toy.

She is up to 12 kids, 2 ex-drones, 1 ghost that I still haven't gotten the Oh My Ghost opportunity and who still insists on accusing the QB of cheating every single day. We just moved in #3 and I think she did get the lullaby for #13. In order for her to do the child care thing..I had to make a few families with kids. She will be trying that out this time around I think.

She now has her first grandchild with Andrew Drone (child #1). They split up and Drone 1 married her and knocked her up. He is now the step-father to his own grandson o.O. That's a huge hint to start putting new people in town.

EDIT: I am playing with Twallan's SP and MC. The game is no fun otherwise. I even stuck Enirei's No Swarming in my game. I love it. She can pop babies out left and right and the 9000000 kids don't even stop what they're doing. Thank you so much for making that mod.
Space Pony
#29 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oxJennxo
I even stuck Enirei's No Swarming in my game. I love it. She can pop babies out left and right and the 9000000 kids don't even stop what they're doing. Thank you so much for making that mod.

That's why I made it. For challenges like these :3
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:58 AM Last edited by mrsharrypedwardc : 21st Feb 2012 at 4:18 AM.
Alright. I better get started.
1 more thing... actually, two.
The QB can work, correct? What is the child care thing? I'm confused. xDD
Sorry, again it's my first challenge and I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

EDIT: It says "obsolete" on the world file, and the way it says to install it into my game isn't working. Is there anywhere else I can install a world that works or figure out how to install those worlds properly?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:56 AM
Alright. I better get started.
1 more thing... actually, two.
The QB can work, correct? What is the child care thing? I'm confused. xDD
Sorry, again it's my first challenge and I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

EDIT: It says "obsolete" on the world file, and the way it says to install it into my game isn't working. Is there anywhere else I can install a world that works or figure out how to install those worlds properly?

I opened both worlds up and they worked fine for me. Unfortunately, even after deleting the plots of land left over, I still didn't have enough room for my houses AND the missing shops I like. (stylist, consignment store, pet shop, horse arena and such).

I just decided to stay in Santa Teresa. I have all the houses and shops, plus the houses on the world that it came with. I just used MasterController to Totally annihilate the town before I put the QB in place.

Mine worked through Drone 1 at the Military base. She never got past level 2 due to maternity leave, but she was bringing in $280 a day. She quit that for Drone 2 and took up painting. For Drone 3 she is trying the daycare thing.

Just use a computer to search for jobs and professions. Choose profession and scroll the arrows to daycare. I find it completely lame. I got 2 kids on the first day, both rotten and had them both potty trained by the time the parents picked them. Made a whopping $180.

I just checked and Richdre does not have Santa Teresa for download anymore.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Worlds_by_.../forum/3836489/ Here is his new website. His worlds are amazing and they are unpopulated. You might want to look through his stuff.
Space Pony
#32 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:41 PM
I've played with the Sunset Vally [com] and it has all the community lots and rabbit holes I need. Then again I playing this challenge with the base game using AnyGameStarter. I'll have to go look into those Worlds By Richdre later.

My Queen Bee is Rani Bee, Rani meaning "queen".

Well I got past my first drone, Robbie Bland. Ran into him in the park in a thief's outfit. The image of him and all the kids were after the youngest reached childhood. Robbie has 2 death flowers in his inventory so as long as he doesn't give those up he's good

Children from oldest to youngest: Ibrahim Bee, Bjoern Bee, Sofie Bee, Albin Bee, Isa Bee, and Prospero Bee. For the names I used the random name generated over at BehindTheName.

Currently working on drone number 2, a Peter Nettles and they've already had twins and Peter has learned how to grow life fruit.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:32 PM
More questions: (Though I still can't get a custom world started xD)
1.) What are the worker bee homes for? The children to move in after the nursery homes?
2.) So, our drones can't die until the youngest reaches teen, correct? That's what I'm presuming from what I remember xD.
Also, I only have the base game and Pets so that's probably why I've never heard of the daycare function.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
Drone homes? Just thought we needed worker homes and nurseries.

Oh to everyone else. Based on the Sims Wiki about simoleons, a household with one adult and 6 teens/children will only have §22500 as starter funds.
I simply called it drone home.... since the worker bees are called male 'drones' it seemed fitting.... and I know its smaller than what the challenge called for but made it so they had exactly what they needed to survive... that is it. I haven't built my nursery homes yet...... so can't post those..... I had another idea that I didn't use but I had already built that nice little home..... the drones should all live together, and for me and those who have master controller in their games, you can have all of the drones in one home, all 10 of them. Since I am not that far in to mine I might restart with this in mind..... and their starter home be literally still just the basics in what they need to survive. I think it would make more sense dormitory style.... and for those who don't have master controller do the worker bee houses in groups of 5 workerbees. It would save room in the world for the nursery homes, which is a problem I was noticing when I started..... bc now that I think about it the world I am using has alot of lots but this will strain its resources.

If done the way I have just suggested it would require: 1 or 2 dormitories(depending on if u have mastercontroller or something like it), 1 queen bee home, and 10 nursery homes. thats a max of 13 homes instead of 30 homes with the other way not to mention the drones have to deal with each other and coexist in a cramped environment which is more like a bee hive) ...... its just a suggestion but the more I think about it the better it sounds, not to mention it will be easier to find all the drones and I think I shall restart mine with the same queen bee and drones but I shall test this theory out.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
Typical EA Story Progession automatically populates the town with homeless sims and overtime move sims into the empty houses. Twallan's SP can alter this.

You don't have to make the world. Here are blank copies of Sunset Valley and Riverview that someone cleared out the houses. They're game files so just make a duplicate of them so you don't mess up the original.

About whether or not Twallan's SP is allowed, is up to the creator of the challenge.

Single sim household starts out with §16500 so that's your starting money, things will be tight that first drone. But if you have him grow special seeds you're bound to get some money trees :D
yes but in twallans you can edit a specific home to be restricted certain things, (like marriage so you keep those drones single until its their turn) i just got twallans story progression so Im still fiddling with the settings but I use it since you are able to change settings for specific household or you can choose how the game brings more sims into the game(i think) so if your comp can handle it I will recommend it highly
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:07 PM
So, I've started the challenge! I'll post pictures later. My sim is named Queen Bee, though she looks nothing like a bee. XD. She has some interesting traits that I'd like to see reflected in her kids, such as her red-blonde hair and freckles. She's joined the Science career and her first drone is her boss! Only one day and it looks like she's pregnant with her first (and maybe second?) child. I'm interested to see how this'll work out.

Also, kid's music to increase chances of multiples isn't against the rules, correct?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 4:20 AM
All my Drone 1 Kids are YA now. I am hoping that they start moving out soon. I might start adding some more potential spouses. Beelinda has 1 grandchild already through child #1. I think the Drone homes are hopefully for the kids when they turn YA and start families.

The first nursery home is now holding the Drone, the 6 young adult kids, the drone's new wife and their new child. Not to mention that I made them take some kittens that my pair produced. Drone 2 just has him and the 6 kids. I have no clue what # child she is up to with Drone 3. Possibly 2.

@mrsharry - I sure hope so, I have 3 or 4 sets of twins just by the music alone. It plays on loud in every room.

@Enirei - I have never heard of that AnyGameStarter. Can you point me in the direction to check it out? Thanks. I am definitely going to have a go at the name generator. I am so bored with my theme. Drone 1 kids were "A" names. 2 was "B" names and 3 is "C".
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 4:28 PM
Quick question: Story progression is allowing random families to move into the empty houses. Should I evict them all, or leave them be?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 5:04 PM
I'm leaving some of mine so that the kids can have spouses later on. If anything, I would kick them out of the nursery/worker homes only if you start running out of space.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 5:16 PM
Quick question: Story progression is allowing random families to move into the empty houses. Should I evict them all, or leave them be?
I am leaving them alone unless they get in my way....
Scholar
#41 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
The houses you want to reserve for your own use can have their lot types switched to No Visitors Allowed to prevent sims from being moved into them with SP. Then just switch them back to residential when you want to move sims into them.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
The houses you want to reserve for your own use can have their lot types switched to No Visitors Allowed to prevent sims from being moved into them with SP. Then just switch them back to residential when you want to move sims into them.
true but im just waiting to build until I need each one
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
Go into Options and set Lifetime span as such: NORMAL life span - 3 days for baby, 4 days for toddler, 8 days for child, 15 days for teen, 24 days for young adult, 29 days for adult, and 31 days for elder. (these are based off the longest life stage span for Sims 2. This keeps the child-rearing stages to a very bare minimum, but also makes it a real challenge to keep your queen bee actively able to breed.) (I think with the current patch, everyone can set the life stage timers with a slider bar no matter what expansion packs you have - someone correct me if I'm wrong here..??)

This age span is ruining my other legacies and challenges because I keep forgetting to change it back. I have since changed my QB settings, since I have never played Sims 2 and the settings for that game does not interest me in the slightest.

I am still at normal. but My settings are as follows. 2 for baby, 5 for toddler, 7 for child, 12 for teen, 28 for YA, 26 for Adult, and 12 for elder. It's a 92 day life cycle.

I might have to do this without scoring. Here is how mine looks now.
Scoring
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 10:39 PM
Especially after looking at your scoring, Jenn, I think it would be a GREAT idea to allow the no maternity leave mod. In all honesty, no job makes the mother stay away from work the whole time they're pregnant, and if they're pregnant the whole game they're never going to have the chance to go to work and advance, or score points. Plus, if the queen is working, the father can stay home and care for the children while the mother advances in her skills and career, enabling someone a greater opportunity to score points.
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:11 PM
I really like to start this challenge but there are a two things i need/want:
1) I'm not good at picking worlds, anyone can give me a link to a good one?
2) If you're interested, I would like to have an already made nursery home because i suck at building.

And a question too: Are the working bees homes for people who go and live there or what? Because i'm kinda confused with that one
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:36 AM
I can link you to my worker bee and nursery homes if you'd like! I can't link you to a good world, I was unable to install the one I found so I just manually bulldozed every lot xP.
And yeah, I think that's really what the worker bee homes are for. I haven't been told otherwise, soooo. People end up moving into them and sometimes the nursery homes, I'm going to kick out the people in the nursery homes sometime soon though.

Right now I'm not too far into the challenge, my sixth child with drone 1 was just born. xP No sets of multiples no matter how long the Queen listens to music. :/
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:45 AM
If you could link them it would be cool
And yeah thanks for the answer
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:38 AM
I use Twallan's I might turn off maternity leave and child support. It's $500 per day per child and it pays through their YA birthday.

How do you get the option to ask them to move in? I had them as friends, best friends, romantic interests. I then had her get pregnant, asked them to be a boyfriend and even proposed and never got that option. Is it random? Does it really exist? I have never seen that option before. Is there some setting where you have to turn it on? I have to actually go into edit town and manually assign them into the home.

xLuna - I checked and the world I am using is not for download anywhere anymore. It had a homes on it, but it was pretty flat. I saw someone posting about a Sunset Valley 2. I would check that one out on the exchange. If it wouldn't be such a hassle moving 14 children and their drones..I'd be on my way.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:49 AM
To get the move in option, you have to be very social with the drone. It's under the "Friendly" option. Have your sim perform a lot of friendly interactions with their drone and it SHOULD pop up after a while. I managed to get my drone to move in without even going steady :D.

And I found a no maternity leave mod that doesn't affect anything else. About the child support... I don't know. Does base game have child support? Though I don't think my sim would have to pay it since she's not really involved with her drone at all, just a "Romantic Interest."
Space Pony
#50 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oxJennxo
How do you get the option to ask them to move in? I had them as friends, best friends, romantic interests. I then had her get pregnant, asked them to be a boyfriend and even proposed and never got that option. Is it random? Does it really exist? I have never seen that option before. Is there some setting where you have to turn it on? I have to actually go into edit town and manually assign them into the home.

In my experience, Ask to Move In is a friendly interaction and your sim the the target have to be interacting and the target Sim think your sim is being social. So after chatting them up for a few minutes the option should pop up. I think the bare minimum relationship is friends.
Page 2 of 5