Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:12 PM
Default Russian-themed Restaurant?
A recent Lot upload has me thinking that maybe I should make a Russian-themed restaurant.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:14 PM
God, what the fuck is up with those washrooms?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:24 PM
And why would there be one toilet and several sinks?

Are the janitors that infrequent to work on cleaning those bowls, that a back-up toilet was installed?

And few plumbers to call, that when 4 out of 5 sinks get clogged, they'll finally arrive to fix them?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
And why would there be one toilet and several sinks?

Are the janitors that infrequent to work on cleaning those bowls, that a back-up toilet was installed?

And few plumbers to call, that when 4 out of 5 sinks get clogged, they'll finally arrive to fix them?

Are you located somewhere in Eastern Europe?
Alchemist
#5 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:16 PM
You should go for the Sochi design

Make sure to translate the menu!

Instructor
#6 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:24 PM
assortment?

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:33 PM
Ah, but to have that sort of bathroom design and have it be usable, you'd have to have a "no privacy" hack. Otherwise, Sims would bitch and refuse to use the toilet(s) and would just pee on the floor instead. Pansies.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Ah, but to have that sort of bathroom design and have it be usable, you'd have to have a "no privacy" hack. Otherwise, Sims would bitch and refuse to use the toilet(s) and would just pee on the floor instead. Pansies.

Aw, damn. I was hoping to see two Sims sitting side by side on toilets.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:53 PM
I wouldn't use that restaurant. It looks like a toilet.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 12:29 AM
Why is it Russian themed?

By the way, double toilets are quite commonly found in the women's toilets in some nightclubs. Because women tend to go to the toilet in pairs anyway.

You could put a double toilet in a married couple's en-suite, they would use them together then.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 12:50 AM
Simlogical has a prison toilet, just the cheap green one, but they can use them together. I don't really get what all these weird bathrooms have to do with having a Russian-themed restaurant. Perhaps that is normal in Russia, but it isn't most places. Any Restaurant here would have separated cubicals no matter what the theme.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:27 AM
It's based on this picture of toilets that a journalist took while covering the Sochii Olympics: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/sh...r-olympics-2014 ...Although it has since been stated that the toilets were in the process of being converted to a storeroom at the time. Never having been to Russia, I don't know if communal toilets are normal, rare, or never happen (but sometimes remodeling projects do).

ScaryRob seems to have gotten the reaction he wanted on this one. (shrug)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:55 AM
http://www.engrish.com/2012/11/in-soviet-russia/

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
By the way, double toilets are quite commonly found in the women's toilets in some nightclubs. Because women tend to go to the toilet in pairs anyway.

You could put a double toilet in a married couple's en-suite, they would use them together then.

Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
ScaryRob seems to have gotten the reaction he wanted on this one. (shrug)

Wow. For a gaming website, you people sure are serious.
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Aw, damn. I was hoping to see two Sims sitting side by side on toilets.

And you can have your wish, with a no privacy hack. I don't have one myself, but I know they exist. I've seen them. Of course, that would affect all bathrooms, not just the ones on a lot with restrooms like this.

As for real bathrooms like this...Gee, some of these are downright luxurious compared to some I've seen. I've been in places where the "toilet" was a hole in a downward-sloping floor. And that was for women, not men. We first-worlders are just pansies, is all.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:25 AM
And you can have your wish, with a no privacy hack. I don't have one myself, but I know they exist. I've seen them. Of course, that would affect all bathrooms, not just the ones on a lot with restrooms like this.

I've heard of that hack. Not going to install it just for this. The Sims wouldn't be em-bare-assed anyway, so it would take all the fun out of it.
What started all this is that someone uploaded a Mexican restaurant earlier today, with restrooms that have a toilet, urinal and sink all in the same little room, with no dividers. I think this person is lacking the OFB expansion, so that's why. Anyway, it struck me as hilarious and made me think of these "Russian" toilets (which I'm pretty sure are not actually all in Russia). The restaurant Lot otherwise seems pretty nice.
Undead Molten Llama
#17 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:38 AM
Hmmm... I thought the public, enclosed toilets were basegame...but maybe not. In any case, without hacks it makes no sense to have more than one toilet/urinal in a public restroom because only one Sim at a time will go in there, anyway, unless the toilets are in separate mini-rooms or the enclosed public one is used. It's just the way the game is coded. No em-bare-ass-ment, indeed.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 9:09 AM
Russian toilets what actually are in Russia:

Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:16 AM
Er.... o...kay then?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#20 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 3:52 PM
Quote from hadeseh.com:
Toilet for two!
Persian style toilets, for husband and wives, so romantic :

Although I'm quite familiar with this 'kind of' toilet, first courtesy while camping in the south of France when I was a kid, never saw two of them in the same room, lol.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 8:14 PM

That car on the far left looks suspiciously American, as does the car on the far right, as does the basketball hoop.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 8:35 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 21st Dec 2014 at 8:59 PM.
I would never have guessed the real subject of this thread from its title! I thought it would be something about samovars, caviar and the like.
Hmmm... I thought the public, enclosed toilets were basegame...but maybe not.
I've never had base game on its own because I started with Double Deluxe, but I'm pretty sure you're right. I've just checked the public toilets in all four original Maxis community lots in Veronaville and they all have the enclosed stalls.
In any case, without hacks it makes no sense to have more than one toilet/urinal in a public restroom because only one Sim at a time will go in there, anyway, unless the toilets are in separate mini-rooms or the enclosed public one is used. It's just the way the game is coded. No em-bare-ass-ment, indeed.
I don't think you're right about urinals. The gents toilets at Stratford Strip, Veronaville have 3 urinals against the same wall, which is exactly what I'd expect to see in a Real Life Gents. I'd be very surprised if two or three males couldn't use them at once. Again it's just what happens in Real Life. (I probably go into Gents toilets more often than you do iCad! ) But I can't be sure as I've had Christianlov's No Privacy Toilet and No Privacy Bathroom for ages. Originally I downloaded it because someone on the forum here was recommending multiple WCs in the same bathroom as a solution to the problem of all the Sims on a lot needing to go at the same time. But, it does allow other interesting possibilities, and . . .

To go further I have to reveal some possibly embarrassing facts about my game . . .

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 9:52 PM
Yeah, I was thinking caviar, samovars, tea rooms, and rich colors, myself. Imagine my surprise.

Andrew, you'd be surprised how many gents' toilets I've been in/used. Trust me, when you're pregnant, have a near-full-term baby sitting on/kicking your bladder, you have to go NOW, and there's a line at the ladies, you do what you have to do. Or at least, I do. Women can be surprisingly unsympathetic toward another massively pregnant woman when they're grumbling and have been waiting in a long line for a toilet stall, and I'm bold as hell and have no inhibitions about nudity, mine or anyone else's, so....Yeah. I tend to think gender-separated restrooms are kind of stupid, anyway. Just put the urinals in a little room for guys who want privacy while using it/them so that no ladies (or maybe gay guys. ) might grab a peek at their equipment, and then have a bunch of stalls for anyone to use. It's ridiculous how few stalls there are in ladies' rooms in large public venues like stadiums, resulting in long lines....and me invading the gents' when necessary. But then, like I said, I have no inhibitions while a lot of other people, especially women, do, so...Ah, whatever.

Anyway, I was talking about having a (non-enclosed) toilet and a urinal in a gents' room. If there's a guy using the toilet, another guy won't come in and use the urinal. I don't actually know if another guy would come in if a guy was using the urinal, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't use the toilet if he did come in. I can't say I've ever seen/used a row of urinals in the game, whether or not multiple guy Sims will use them. I'm sure that set-up has been on a lot in my game, but I've just never thought about observing the behavior. Next time I'll pay attention.

Good to know that guy Sims will shoo women out of a unisex bathroom when using a urinal, though. I tend to make public restrooms on the community that lots I build unisex because...Well, if I think gender separation is silly in real life, imagine how I feel about the issue in-game. But I always just use stalls in them, never urinals. If I ever decide to use urinals, I'll stick it/them in their own little room.

What would be nice is if no-bathroom-privacy mods could be used on a lot-by-lot or room-by-room basis, like if you could click on the door or something and designate it "privacy" or "no privacy." That would be useful in private residences with large families and few bathrooms, so that little Susie could come in and use the toilet while her sister is taking a shower all cozy behind a curtain. That way, you could have actual "family bathrooms" without having to compartmentalize everything. And it would make building public restrooms easier, perhaps, if you wanted to save space, since the stalls take up a lot of room. But I think they're all "global." All the ones I remember seeing were, at least.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
Those toilets, that menu.. :D
I'm quite surprised and if it's true, I guess I must...be embarrassed for my country?
As we say here in Russia "за державу обидно!"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:07 PM
I used a gents bathroom one time when I was pregnant because for some reason the ladies was locked. I told my husband that I didn't have time to go find someone and get a key cause when a pregnant ladies got to go, she's got to go! There was no one in there luckily.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 3