Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:52 AM
Default A list of non-ofb businesses?
With OfB, you can open just about any type of store you want with playables. But what about non-owned?

When you own a business, you can use the little sales tag button to set items for sale. But I want to open businesses that AREN'T player-owned, but as I cannot use that little tag, there are some limitations. I am going to open OfB businesses but I want some that aren't owned.

What types of businesses would be possible? Here is what I have so far-
  • Arcade
  • Pet Store
  • Clothing Store
  • Grocery Store
  • Salon (how does this one work anyways?)
  • Restaurant
  • Night/Club/Karaoke Bar

Are there anymore that can be non-OfB?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 1:37 AM
Cafe?

One of my favourites is Internet cafe - except no staff unless you combine it with a games shop.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 1:49 AM
Just look at or even download all of Mootilda's and have fun with them.

She did 9 Base Game and 6 for NL http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f...wAll=1&u=589252

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:19 AM
Anything that doesn't need you to click the for sale sign can be used.

The things that are set for sale automatically have all been listed I think. So anything a sim can use for fun or skill building-so long as you have the skill building on community lots mods. Also don't forget hotel/resorts, all you need is sleep on community lot mod or tents.

For the salon, the chair will spawn an NPC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 5:13 AM
A gym, roller rink, and ice skating.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
A gym, roller rink, and ice skating.

I mean like shops, not normal community lots like what you said or a park.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 6:16 AM
Things that your sims can go and buy without an owner:

Jewelry
Games
Magazines
Groceries
Pets and pet collars
Clothes
Salon
Massage
Restaurant
Electronic stand-cell phone etc.
BV souvenirs with a mod.
Bar drinks
Coffee

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 6:34 AM
vending machines and food stands will work too, though not sure about how a vending machine could be a store itself.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:36 AM
The only physical things (not services) you can sell in a non OFB business are clothes, groceries, electronics (the mobile phone stand), video games and magazines.

Any of the "service" items (coffee bar, salon chair) will spawn an NPC in a non owned business.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#11 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
vending machines and food stands will work too, though not sure about how a vending machine could be a store itself.

They had those in the 50's -- they were called automats. Chairs, tables, and a wall of (classier) vending machines, so you could go in and eat.

If you're willing to use cc to make a business, you could do a laundromat with Rebecah's washers and dryers as tweaked by iCad to be autonomous.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Instructor
#12 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:43 PM
I always used to make spas with just the base game - I created an exercise room, a pool, a shower room, an area with lots of hot tubs, an outdoor hot tub area, and an outdoor yoga area (basically a wooden stage with wooden fencing, lots of japanese trees, and carpets to look like yoga mats. Pretty simple and all base game, but looks really cool when you have several sims doing yoga out in the fresh air, or soaking in the hot tub. When I got Bon Voyage I also added a couple of massage tables and the sauna too.

Even though you can't skill on community lots I also like creating libraries. Museums of any sort, especially art museums can still be done with the base game.

Bustin' Out!
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
There are mods that allow skilling on community lots.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:41 AM
Community lot skilling http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11216.0.html -don't leave home without it.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#15 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:03 AM
When I got Uni and my sims could skill on community lots, I was so happy! I built a couple of community lots Downtown specifically for skilling and sent one of my sims there -- and he didn't skill at all, because it wasn't a Uni lot. I felt horribly cheated and didn't play for nearly two whole days.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 1:54 AM
I can kind of understand why the vanilla game doesn't have skilling on regular community lots, because once you send the sim home he or she is playing over the day again, so he could learn double skills. However if you use community lot time and your sims don't replay the day community lot skilling is an important mod. With Uni, the clock moves forward so if the sim left with 12 hours to exam and spent 4 hours away his time to the exam would be 9 hours on returning to the dorm. A uni student can even live on a UNi community lot using coffee and going to exams from the lot so the time really is passing.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#17 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:15 AM
I WANTED him to learn double skills. He was supposed to be really super smart. But I see your point.

Another non-OFB community lot business could be a pool. I know that there were two pools in the town where I grew up, one that was free and one that was like $2.00, although I think that might have been the rental fee for the locker now that I think about it as an adult.

Inventor
#18 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:25 AM
Clubs:
Lounge w/ live music/ wall speaker, juice optional
Lounge/bar combo (Fancy-ish)
Hole-in-the-wall bar (really nasty)
Dive bar (not the best enviorment)
Hole-in-the-wall club (grungy bar+dancable music)
Fancy dance club
Karaoke bar (juice optional)

Restaurants:
Small diner
Homey mom&pop joint
restaurant w/live music/wall speaker
Fancy restaurant, formalwear required
Fast-food like restaurant
Themed restaurant (using BV kiosks, can fit on 1x1 lots)

Stores:
Pet store
Clothing store/H&M
Grocery Store
All-in-one/minimall (Clothes, Groceries other small things)
Normal mall (multiple clothing stores, Grocery stores, food court, etc)

Other:
Spa (using BV massage table, sauna, things of the like)
Salon (Using OFB chair, no owner needed I think...)
Comic store
Library
Soccer/futbol field
Basketball court
YMCA (gym, pool, basketball, soccer/futbol, any combination of these)
Ballet Studio (Using the FT barres)
Roller/Ice skating rink

That's all I could think of. 99% sure none of these need owners.
Theorist
#19 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:30 AM
Movie theater
Martial arts dojo if you have enough sims that know tai chi (If your sim starts doing tai chi and other sims know how, they'll join in)
Various ethnic restaurants
Hookah bar/head shop (depending on how legal bubble blowers are in your game)