Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2020 at 6:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pick and choose townie neighbours
Happy to see you! So I'm building a new downtown with few apartment lots (fingers crossed). And I have a very particular set up in mind, with specific townies living in specific lots (no control freaks here...). I've researched the idea, but not much came up. There are few mods on game choosing apartment residents, but none fit the criteria. Making townies playable would be a choice, but that is a lot of playables and I call it Plan B for now.
So the question is - is there a way to establish or change townie's household/residence? Easier the better, but I'm relatively comfortable with SimPE and not afraid to get a little dirty. If it makes a difference, I need townies/downtownies to stay in respective hoods.
Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleDream
Happy to see you! So I'm building a new downtown with few apartment lots (fingers crossed). And I have a very particular set up in mind, with specific townies living in specific lots (no control freaks here...). I've researched the idea, but not much came up. There are few mods on game choosing apartment residents, but none fit the criteria. Making townies playable would be a choice, but that is a lot of playables and I call it Plan B for now.
So the question is - is there a way to establish or change townie's household/residence? Easier the better, but I'm relatively comfortable with SimPE and not afraid to get a little dirty. If it makes a difference, I need townies/downtownies to stay in respective hoods.
Thank you!

Hi! this mod allows you to do that, by making the townie appear on the lot, make them selectable somehow, and clicking on the door and choosing "NPC claim". However this only works if you have just one playable sim in the apartment. if there's more than one, the other apartments will look empty when you play the other family (I think).