Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 6:41 PM
Is there a limit on games started?
I was wondering if there is a limit on how many games started can I have. Right now I have three started
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 6:45 PM
Oh gosh, I have WAY more than that. I'd have to count them to tell you exactly how many...OK I guess it's about 29?

BUT I will add that I have a pretty powerful desktop PC and I do clean out my saves (putting the ones I think I might get back to or ones that are back-ups in case something goes wrong) some place safe. Because I think that too many saves (as well as too much CC) can clog up my game and cause crashes or long loading times.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Oh gosh, I have WAY more than that. I'd have to count them to tell you exactly how many...OK I guess it's about 29?

omg 29?? Well, it seems that I don't have to worry about too many saved games XD. Thank you <3
Theorist
#4 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 7:00 PM
No, I don't think you have to worry about just having three.

Some of my saves haven't actually been played. Some are towns that I have edited. I have all the EPs so I will open a town like Sunset Valley, add all the lots that I want it to have, and save it as "My Sunset Valley". So they are mostly unplayed saves except for adding and/or changing some lots. When I want to start a game there, I use 'save as' to rename it and keep my original edits for the next save. 29 is still a lot of saves though, so I should probably cut that back.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 7:20 PM
Oh man I've got at least thirty going on (most of which aren't even "finished") xD.even if most of them are reboots of reboots of original save files I had, but still...So I'm sure there's no limit!
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure if there's a limit, but I currently have about 40 'active' saves, and a similar number of 'dormant' ones that I've renamed as backups. I do something similar to what tangie0906 describes, for example I have different 'set ups' of Sunset Valley such as 'Sunset Valley ST' (Show Time) or 'Sunset Valley SN' (Supernatural). And, yes, you have to be careful to use Save As, so as not to overwrite them. Another kind of save I have are those that I'm using for story telling. These are usually given the title of the chapter I'm currently working on and, when I've finished with them, I move them onto an external back up drive just in case I ever need to revisit them. That helps keep the number of saves to a sane level.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Another kind of save I have are those that I'm using for story telling. These are usually given the title of the chapter I'm currently working on...
Having a few dozen saves like this, I do what Elynda does.

Well, except for the part about protecting the archives in some reasonable way.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 1:41 PM
I create a new file every month...so I have Bridgeport 3-2017, Bridgeport 4-2012, Oasis Landing 11-2015 and some novelty ones like Bridgeport 4-1988 and urmomsville.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )