Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 4:21 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 29th Jun 2017 at 4:28 AM. Reason: combined posts
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
@Goldenbtrfly First off, welcome to the group
If you want to post your own thread just name it something like 'TS2- roofing problems' for example, so we know which game it is and what you need help with. We can see who posted what anyway

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I have a couple things I'd love some help on, so I'll post a thread soon.

Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi Goldenbtrfly and welcome.

We are pretty informal here, so as Johnny said, feel free to name your thread anything you wish, but please make the first "word" TS2. That way it is easier for people to identify which game you build in.

Congrats on your first three downloads for MTS! I have been following and greatly enjoying the Community Spirit Contest.

Ah, wow! Thank you, that really made me smile. It's such a nice feeling to be able to give something back after being a content leech for years, haha. I'm just happy someone likes them enough to take them! I appreciate the welcome. I will be sure to post a proper thread to get help from the league of masters here as soon as I suss out the inspirational problems with my last lot on that contest. Thanks again.

(I typed this once and the site ate it! *shakes fist*)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:07 PM
Hello everyone

I'm GreenPhoenix, and I'm a TS3 world/lots/sims builder and story-writer (in German tho). attuned is currently testing my latest world, and has been kind enough to point out this group to me. MTS is still pretty new for me. Although I have been a member for some years, I have never taken a look around in smth else than the download section.
Now my buiIding skills have evolved to a point, where I feel comfortable enough to share my work, so others can have fun with it too.
I'm happy to get feedback, and give some back if i can.
Alchemist
#53 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:31 PM
Can't wait to get all nit-picky on your homes. Nah Jk, Wilkommen GreenPhoenix

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#54 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:25 AM
Welcome GreenPhoenix
You may want to start a thread here with the link to your world thread in Creator feedback. You could move it here, but you can only have it in one place, and it is all settled and tucked in over at CFF.

If you are have questions or want feedback about a specific lot, or if you have world building questions, feel free to add that to the thread you start here.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#55 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:06 PM
Howdie all
I don't know how I haven't found this group before... I LOVE to build [for TS2]. That's how I "play" the game - I build. LOL!
You can find my uploaded lots here.

In RL right now we are moving into our new house in just a few days - actually, after Hurricane Irma is done and gone. (We're in central Florida.) We were set to 'close' on Monday... we may have to wait for re-inspections after the storm *sigh* Anywho... after we move I'm planning on being more active in the TS2 community again. So, joining here is my first step - give me a few weeks to get settled, and I'll be back!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 10:37 PM
Hi @CatherineTCJD
Welcome to Mentoring4Builders! I am a big fan of your creations. Be safe in the storm.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:10 AM
Welcome!!
@Elynda
@Pebblerocker
@Arenalia

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#58 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:12 PM
What? Where? Who? Oh yes, it's me, and I'm here! I'm Elynda (retired ballet dancer, failed author, part-time fairy queen etc, etc). And when I'm not telling increasingly complexed and incomprehensible sims stories I do build stuff. If it's for storytelling I'll use whatever cc I can find that will help set the scene and make it interesting. But I have one or two projects in hand which I'd like eventually to upload to MTS and those will be strictly base game. To that purpose I am using my trusty old PC, which only has the base game installed - that way I can be sure it really is base game.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 9:14 AM
Sounds lovely, Elynda, and welcome to the group! Looking forward to seeing some more of your projects
Mad Poster
#60 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
Welcome Elynda
Basegame is super-tricky to build in (I think) - is there really still a market for BG only builds?
Good luck to ya

and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#61 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:46 PM
Hmm, maybe you're right. It was just that I thought I'd make life easy for myself for my first upload. But trying work on one of my houses today I began to think that perhaps I'd limited my options too much. Maybe re-think is in order here.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#62 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 12:34 AM
When you upload items here, you only have to "declare" (give credit and a link) to custom created items.
If an item came with a game pack or the UC - so long as you have all the right EP/SP/UC boxes ticked - the upload wizard swooshes right by it
Don't make things harder for yourself than is necessary! LOL!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 4:18 AM
Elynda if you are speaking of TS2, I completely agree with CatherineTCJD, no reason to restrict yourself to base game. If you are referring to TS3, base game builds are still very popular, thanks, I think, to the wonders of CASt. I have 10 lots uploaded at MTS, 8 are base game. I don't think building base game only is easier, however. If anything, I think it is more of a challenge. Downloaders for TS3 prefer builds that don't use SPs and use a minimal amount of cc. The best thing about base game builds are that anyone can download them. Good luck and we are here when you need us.

New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#64 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 11:26 PM
There still is a lot of demand for BG houses indeed, kinda amazing after almost a decade.

#65 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 5:50 PM
*taps mic* Um, hello. I'm aisquared, or ai for short. I build mostly for TS3 and upload some here occasionally. I'm looking forward to learning with you guys, and hopefully I could lend a helping hand in this group someday (so sorry I just decided joining now. I think I'm a latecomer..)

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:24 AM
Hi ai and welcome!

New at Simszoo
Instructor
#67 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 6:16 PM
Hey there, I'm orose, which is a shortened form of the sn I've had for the last... geez, 14 years or so? I answer to that and Ren, along with about fifteen thousand other nicknames so I'm not too fussy about what I get called I love TS3, and while I detour into TS4 sometimes (after completely ignoring its existence for about 3 years, lol) it's still my favorite. I'm looking forward to getting better at building because I still find myself designing oddly squarish homes 90% of the time, lol, though I do love designing the interiors afterwards, haha.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:06 PM
Hi guys I'm Sika. My username is such a faceroll but whatever. Basically, I am beginner when it comes to building. I never really did build much, most of my houses are from gameplay that started out as a square and grew as more funding was acquired. I exclusively play TS3 now, so I'm interested in bettering my building in TS3. I'd like to get better in furniture placement, and roofing mostly... because I suck at those. I line stuff up against walls and there's always this big wide space in the center I don't know what to do with.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:10 PM
Welcome aisquared, orose and tysika! Happy to have you here and looking forward to see your builds! I'm very excited to see more TS3 builders here
Scholar
#70 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 9:01 PM
I'm Tunafishfish, you can call me Tuna. I hale from the US, near DC and play TS3 exclusively, but used to play sim city as a kid. I'm currently playing a Nothing is Free challenge which requires me to build a town from scratch. I'm using a mixture of rabbit holes from the community objects bin, shell buildings/rabbit hole rugs, houses downloaded from here, and houses I'm building. I shoot for realism, which requires a certain amount of boxiness...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:18 AM
Hi Tuna- welcome and feel free to jump right in!

New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 5:26 PM
Hi there! I'm excited to have found this group (don't know why it took me so long!)! I build in TS3 exclusively and tend toward current upscale suburban style. I'm also working on building a world, so all of my lot builds right now are for that. I really want to get better / more imaginative at building community lots!
Alchemist
#73 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 12:57 AM
Welcome @Crashley1784
If you are looking for feedback and/or help, just make a thread here I'm looking forward to your builds and world!

#74 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 3:50 AM
Hi Crashley- I believe I have responded to some of your questions in the Create forums. We have several experienced world creators in the group, so you are in the right place.
When you start a thread, be sure to start the title with TS3 or Sims 3. Thanks and welcome!

New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 30th May 2018 at 6:55 PM
Hey guys! My name is Kristi aka darkflwrs. I've been playing the Sims 3 for near a decade. I love building and after discovering CAW that's almost exclusively what I do. I love building from blue prints or Zillow and the like. I'm currently working on a world based on New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Been working on it for 6 years and am getting close to being able to upload. I will post it on here to see if you guys can help out as I'm struggling with a few build issues and screenshots. Thanks for the invite to this group @attuned .

Page 3 of 4