Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 5:32 PM
Oh my gosh, this is so freaky. I'm going to try it when I get the chance!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 7:04 AM
Is there an easy way that I could make a plumbot look like a clone of a specific sim?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:36 PM Last edited by moonstarforever : 24th Aug 2014 at 9:01 PM.
I can't find Occult, I know I saw it once on another save without plumbots, but I just can't find it now!

EDIT: Hold on, I think I need to install something.

EDIT 2: I did need to install something...HOW'D IT SHOW UP!?
Theorist
#29 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
Is there an easy way that I could make a plumbot look like a clone of a specific sim?

Save the sim you want to clone into the sim bin and you should be able to select it in standard CAS using MC's "Edit Sim" function.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Save the sim you want to clone into the sim bin and you should be able to select it in standard CAS using MC's "Edit Sim" function.

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:30 PM
The plumbot was working fine until I increased her bust size by messing around.

Never make any Sims' bust size 247829473948239681468244131324
Theorist
#32 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
Thanks.

Sorry, I told you wrong. Just tried that last night and it turned my plumbdroid into a human sim.

I had to use these instructions to make a humanoid sim show up in the plumbdroid CAS (you can get to it using Stylist on the plumbdroid).
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=524529

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 7:51 PM
Sorry, I told you wrong. Just tried that last night and it turned my plumbdroid into a human sim.

I had to use these instructions to make a humanoid sim show up in the plumbdroid CAS (you can get to it using Stylist on the plumbdroid).
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=524529

Oh, the hard way.

Quick and possibly stupid question. What happens if you just use Master Controller to change a human sim's occult status to plumbot?
Theorist
#34 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:49 PM
Unfortunately, nothing happened. The occult status doesn't change. It just stays "False".

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#35 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:47 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 31st Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM.
I've read lots about making Simbots and Plumbots look human but any tips for making an Ordinary Sim look like a Plumbot? I ask because I personally find the Bot Fan Traits Robot Mode kind of anti-climactic and think if I could set a Plumbot skin as the bot fans outfit instead I could die happy.
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM

I used a Saved Sim to make my Plumbot look human forgetting that the Saved Sim was a witch.

I now have a human-looking Plumbot who conjures up apples
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
All right, I finally got a Simdroid! (...)

You, good sir... madam... gentleperson
just opened up my game to a master race of synthetics.

Now the only problem is that my Island just invented the phonograph, and the fanciest new technology is one of those horseless carriages. So this will have to wait another century or so, but all the time I was thinking: I really want to use plumbot technology, but they are so... fugly. So that's another problem dealt with. I guess there will be a park with a huge statue dedicated to one hugbug993. (and the other very helpful persons in this thread, of course, starting with the OP)
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:23 AM
I made themost darling sim bots using the intermediate and adding time traveler cause sim bot option didnt change a thing. Now all the romantic interactions are gone : ( I specifically created the male bot for my female bot.
I saw this reply:
Anyway, for those of you having trouble with the Capacity to Love chip, I have the solution! If you have Story Progression (or possibly if you don't?), then the Plumbots are set to only have romantic actions with other Plumbots. Go to StoryProgression>Caste Options>Flirt: Allow Caste, and then select whichever ones you want.

Ok I must not have story progression cause I canot find that option with the master controller in advanced option or intermediate or anything.
I much rather have my ugly plum bots than these new human like bots that cant be together.
How do I get to the storyprogression option? or how can you check if you have that? I have just about every package for sims 3 from pets to ambitions late night loft stuff into the future..
Can someone offer another solution to this?
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Aluviel7 : 19th Oct 2014 at 5:13 AM. Reason: adding
Default No mods helping two bots love each other
ok I did try this and didnt see any difference. I took off story projection as well.
Even with story projection and both bots having the capacity to love trait chip. Nothing seemed to work for them to have romantic interactions with each other. I only get "take romantic photo". I thought if I did a bunch of friendly interactions it would boost it all up and that didnt help either.
I am at a loss. I wonder if I missed a step or didnt do everything in the right order?
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:11 PM
Ha ha your awesome for even replying!
I wasnt aware that you needed to unlock any motive bars on anything. I am semi new to sims and bots in general. I guess I do that on adjust trait chips? It can get confusing whether its something that comes up in the regular menu by clicking on a sim, Or if this is something that I have to do through some kind of mod?? For instance, I didnt see any new menu option come up when I dled the hybrid mod. Needless to say I am pretty happy going back to the old bots. At least they love each other. My newly teenage son in game has to get ready for prom and there are not any teenage girls in sunset valley! I am not going to look up adding a sim to the inactive households.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aluviel7
ok I did try this and didnt see any difference. I took off story projection as well.
Even with story projection and both bots having the capacity to love trait chip. Nothing seemed to work for them to have romantic interactions with each other. I only get "take romantic photo". I thought if I did a bunch of friendly interactions it would boost it all up and that didnt help either.
I am at a loss. I wonder if I missed a step or didnt do everything in the right order?

I explained it in my post. You quoted the sentence before it.

After changing the plumbot to a simdroid, the Capacity to Love chip doesn't work properly. You need to use a mod that will allow you to add the trait manually. This one is the one I used.

After you install it, shift-click on the simdroid, click the option to change traits, and add in the Capacity to Love Chip trait.

The instructions for StoryProgression were there for people who wanted their bots to fall in love with humans, or non-bots.
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:07 AM
hrm ok well I did try the mod and they both had the capacity to love trait chip Should I take it out and then mannually re add it back in then try the shift click?
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:28 AM
ahh I think it is finally starting to sink in. Just because the trait chip is there doesnt mean it going to work properly. *lightbulb goes on* When I get the time I will try with fresh new bots and try to sell the old ones.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:36 PM
I discovered another problem: simdroids can't interact with toddlers. I tried editing them in the human CAS and giving them a Family Man trait. It didn't work. I don't have the Robonanny chip, since I've run out of trait chip slots( and the quantity of slots is already upgraded to maximum) . Also, plumbots can' t go to the uni. They can enroll, but can' t go to lectures, and their study meter doesn't show up. I had to use MasterController in order for one of my bots to finish his Science degree. And also, once my bot chose to Medicine career, he had problems with Ambitions interactions( like not being able to vaccinate citizens or help a random sim who suddenly got sick) . I don't have Story Progression or any mods like it( because I hate story progression mode, when the game automatically controls my sims without even asking my permission, and ruins all the plans I had for my sims). Any ideas how to solve this?

Hates her nickname.
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 5:22 AM
Default Nice!
It's funny that you did this and I'm only just now looking into it. I got curious a while back when I first started playing the Sims 3. I didn't know the plumbots could have the capacity to love... anyway, long story short, my sim had woohoo with a female plumbot. A couple days later he, my sim, was pregnant!! He gave birth to a beautiful baby boy but there is a downside to it. I could not figure out why, for the life of me, can't this boy talk to anyone?!! And it continues! He is now a young adult and the only way he can talk to a person is through his "Capacity to Love Chip"!!! So yea, he is a bad boy, flirting with all the girls. lolol!!! I figure... he gets it from his mom (female plumbot his father woohooed in the future).

Quote: Originally posted by Rulue
Guuuuys! I found a way to make a plumbot who looks like a sim and can be edited in CAS. The only problem is, the way I managed to do this was making it a plumbot/simbot hybrid, so one would need Ambitions for this. You will need Master Controller, since it works mostly the same as the method this user posted.

First, you create the plumbot or buy it, either way works. Don't mess with trait chips yet, do this process first. Then you click the plumbot and select Master Controller > Intermediate > Occult: Add > Simbot.

The appearance of the plumbot will change to that of an ordinary simbot. The trick is to turn it in a simbot because you can edit simbots in CAS without them reverting to a normal sim. Edit him or her in CAS however you like, be it with testing cheats enabled or master controller, either way is fine. Edit him or her to your liking, change the clothes, and everything. You may notice the background is the Create-A-Bot background. I recommend you DON'T change anything in the personality tab. I haven't tested enough to know what happens if you do, but it probably might conflict with the trait chips functionality.

Now, click on the plumbot again, Master Controller, Advanced, Reset Sim, otherwise your other sims won't be able to interact with the plumbot(plumdroid?) properly. Apparently you only have to do it once, but I haven't played for long. After you finish, you may remove the Simbot occult from MC the same way you added it. It will keep all the changes, and you will still be able to edit him or her in regular, sim CAS. You might keep it as well, though, if you want, but they will have to eat scrap and other simbot annoyances.. You will have to use your creator sim and select "upgrade trait chip slots" before you will be able to use the trait chips for some reason, but everything works fine afterwards!

He can do everything a plumbot can, the only difference is he looks like a sim :3

So far, the only problem I've experienced is that I can't get the "capacity to love" chip working for some reason. Huh. Time travel also makes him revert to...a human looking simbot? Rather unexpected, I guess.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:26 PM
Guys, I have encountered something rather curious while playing. One of my bots( whom I mentioned earlier) married his creator( well, actually they had the family ties removed in MC in order for them to be able to adopt) . Together they are running cloning and hybrid( also, I have the NRaas Hybrid mod installed to make my work easier) experiments. They adopted and raised their 2 clones together( because clones take so much time to grow, there are so few of them) . The first one, Cyrus, was the clone of an alien, a first successful clone that became a wizard and later married Lisa Bunch( who became a witch and a fairy as part of the experiments) . Both of them stayed in Sunset Valley while the others moved to Bridgeport( which was necessary, because while trying to modernize Sunset Valley I made it incredibly hard for the game to load, and just couldn' t play TS3 without my laptop making much noise and becoming too hot, so I had to move) using the Traveler mod. The second clone, Buzz, is the defective human clone of the plumbot himself( somehow his wife managed to get the DNA samples from him, I guess that' s because the game recognized him as partially, though not entirely human) who had one opposite personality trait( he was Nervous to his father' s Brave, also a Musician) . Despite being defective, though, I managed to choose better traits for him on later life stages. Gameplay - wise, he was much more human than his father, and mostly acted human, only his performance at school or work is defined by plumbot efficiency, and when the social interactions menu spawns, different trait chip signs are appearing near the interactions. He has no plumbot occult, though. He later became a vampire( that' s why he looked more human only gameplay - wise) and joined the law enforcement. Also, Lara( thst is the name of the the human) had a time paradox daughter she got during time travelling to the past using a Time Machine. She later revealed to be a witch, like her mother( Did I mention she is also a witch?) , married Jeff Atkins and they had twins, Fiona and Jane. They didn' t try to have kids the more usual way( hell, none of my simdroids can even woohoo in game even with a Capacity of love trait chip) . They just adopted their clones and other experiments. But then, when all their children moved away, they decided to visit the future. The Time Almanac told the bot he couldn' t have descendants, but a surprise was waiting for me in the future. When they went to meet their descendants, not only did the game named one of them after Robin Williams( 'cause Williams was the household name and Lara' s surname) , but among the descendants there were human looking plumbots! The first one they met really resembled Ed( the bot) in face, had brown hair( like him) and green eyes( like his wife) . She had human personality traits, but also had empty trait chip slots. The romantic interactions seemed unavailable, but I was able to do ordinary friendly interactions to her. When Ed greeted her, the game commented on him meeting his descendant. And despite the Time Almanac still telling him he can' t have descendants, the game still recognised the bots as ones. I don' t know that much about them, since I quit the game shortly after meeting them, but once I find out more, I will tell you. Also, sorry that I have no screenshots, just they are on my PC( which my parents took), and I' m writing this from a tablet. Promise I will post screenshots as soon as I can. Also, any idea on how could the game spawn simdroid descendants? Was this the bot' s human clone who was responsible for this( though he is still single) , or was it something different?

Hates her nickname.
Page 2 of 3