Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 2:11 PM
Split Level Garage Home.
I want to build a house on a foundation, with deck around it. But I wish to have the Garage at ground level, which is attached to the home.

I tried the technique of building a big two story empty house with just walls, then adding in my foundation with the aid of the cheat "boolProp constrainfloorelevationfalse" but it didn't work out when it came to the deck.

I also tried building the house with the foundation first, two stories. And then trying to build the garage (one storey) attached to it (also with the help of "boolProp constrainfloorelevation false") but that was also unsucesfull.

Is there another cheat I could use? Or could someone build the basic walls of the house if I gave you a floorplan?

It will be greatly apreciate if someone can help me.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 2:40 PM
You can't build garages yet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 2:38 PM
Have you tried this?

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...evel/index.html

It may help with what you're trying to do.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 2:58 PM
Correction, you can BUILD them... but they are pretty much useless (unless you use them as a gaming room)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:00 PM
The split level home tutorial does not work. I have tried it, thank you.

And yes, I know I can't build real garages yet, not until Nightlife comes out. Mine is simply going to be decoration. But I cannot seem to build it.

Thanks for your help so far.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:06 PM
simmaster ralph has a great tutorial on split level homes
this should work for what you want. Stevenypsi has his tutorial website in her guest book on the reg. thesims2.com. this should help you. I have several homes built with this tech. good luck
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:32 PM
Default Nice to have the links
Quote: Originally posted by Kellicool
simmaster ralph has a great tutorial on split level homes
this should work for what you want. Stevenypsi has his tutorial website in her guest book on the reg. thesims2.com. this should help you. I have several homes built with this tech. good luck

This would be much more helpful if you could please provide the links.

#8 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:07 PM
incidentally, I was also trying something similar.. Here's my WIP.

Mike-Inside's tutorial helps a lot, but here's my procedure which you may find useful using the wall.txt with the invisible walls.

(attached are 3 screen shots)

1) Build your house first using normal means. no cheats required.

2) Build your garage (two levels) with the no-constraint wall (the hack is a wall.txt you can find somewhere in this forum that adds the no-terrain-constrain wall and invisible/prison walls)

3) go to the second level of your house (3rd if you included the foundation) and set boolprop constrainFloorElevation true. Grab a floor tile and drag from the floor on your house (which is the correct height) over to the garage (which is higher than it shld). this will flatten the top of garage to the height of the 2nd level of the house.

This is a little unclear. but after you go through Mike-inside's tutorial you shld get the hang of it.
Screenshots
#9 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:08 PM
forgot the links... heh heh

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:23 PM
Creating Above Ground Split Level Homes
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...&user_id=136631

You can also view my other tutorials here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/up...sset_type=story

Good luck
creator: Simmaster Ralph

I cant take credit
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:24 PM
oh dont actually type the words mysimpage
type simmasterralph on the second website
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:32 PM
Hi British,

I do a lot of split level homes, have a look at my link below, if it is sort of what your after, send me a floorplan and I will be happy to do it for you,

http://photobucket.com/albums/y168/Midge35/?

hugs

midgey

midge719#@btinternet.com - remove the #
#13 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:44 PM
hi everyone,

garges r u not useless if u have a car but can any pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse tell me how do u get a car and i will praise u thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:46 PM
the is a car at mango sims, also here at mts2, do a search for cars here, this is were I got mine from, there is also some at tsr and at simslice (pay)

hugs

midgey
#15 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by souhail
hi everyone,

garges r u not useless if u have a car but can any pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse tell me how do u get a car and i will praise u thanks a lot

You can either try to find and download it.... or you can try to get creative with the "moveobjects on" cheat.... Just wait for the right time when the right sim is about to go to work.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:55 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...&highlight=cars

here you go and like sphr says use the move_objects cheat, I also use the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false to to make it sit centrally in the drive.

hugs

midgey
#17 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:06 PM
hi midge719,

so i have 2 wait untill a sim goes 2 work and do the cheat "moveobject on" and snach the car. can u drive the car. can u get motobikes.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:28 PM
not to my knowledge you dont, I build my homes and make a drive and put the car in, you cannot drive the car yet until nightlife comes out, its only decoration, if you look at the link for my homes above you can see what I mean, as for motorbikes im sure there are some here at mts2, and no you dont have to wait till they go to work, I have no idea were that came from, ive never had any problems, I just place the car and thats it, you find the car under outside decor.

hugs

midgey
#19 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:11 PM
is the car in the buy mode or the build mode
#20 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:13 PM
do u buy the car is the game sims2 no cheating like 4 exsample (sofa) like that
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:14 PM
its in the buy mode, decor outside

hugs

midgey
#22 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:19 PM
but do u have 2 download it first or not
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:21 PM
yes you have to download the cars like you do objects place in your downloads folder, then start your game and enjoy. Just follow the instructions the crew here have given you about placing etc.

hugs

midgey
#24 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:24 PM
where from
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 6:29 PM
I have stated were from if you read the threads above,

hugs

midgey
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2