Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Control-This-Sim Hack (Updated 2006-03-26)

by dolphin26 Posted 16th Mar 2006 at 11:57 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2008 at 2:16 AM by dolphin26 : keywords

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Theorist
#101 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:43 PM
Anyone checked this for apartment life yet?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#102 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:24 PM
Thanks, thanks. thanks - your hack fixed my "Super Duper Hug"-bug and now I'm able to klick on the "more"-button (in menu) again!
So, thanks again!
Test Subject
#103 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 3:17 PM
I am also waiting to see if this works in apartment life. I built an apartment and moved mysim in and could not control the other tenants..but I am going to play it longer than 10 mins today and I will let u know if it works in apartment life.
Test Subject
#104 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 4:33 AM
I have tried this mod with apartment life and it works. I had my sim invite his sister over and I was able to control the sister. I have not seen any conflicts with this mod. I will report back if anything else happens.
Test Subject
#105 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 4:16 PM
Thank u i like that thank 4 made
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Anyone checked this for apartment life yet?

*four months later*

Seems to work okay, only it won't work on roommates. I somewhat expect this, though, since roommates seem to be considered nothing more than pets in the game engine's eyes.
Test Subject
#107 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 11:07 PM
Hey, this is so cool ILY
Test Subject
#108 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM
no longer needed.....
go to the cheat menu and type in:
boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true
then shift click on the person and click "make selectable" and tada.....
#109 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:55 PM
I`ve been using this for quite a while. It is very useful indeed. MUCH easier than TestingCheatsEnabled and Make Selectable for TEMPORARY controllability, though BP TCE is more useful for LONG-TERM controllability. I`ve just added it to my Favorites list.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#110 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:06 AM
I put this in my game to fix the Super Duper Hug thing and it seems to have done the trick, which I'm thrilled to bits about. Do I have to now keep the hack in or is it safe to remove once the affected lots are fixed?
Test Subject
#111 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:27 AM
Thanks for the great hack, it makes the game more interesting.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 26th May 2010 at 2:57 PM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 26th May 2010 at 3:14 PM.
testingcheatsenabled. . .
. . . with "make selectable" never worked for me.
So I have been struggling through with ME's Mind Control Mirror, which still has some great uses for simply finding a visitor or to quickly control and teleport a bad sim into a closed cell, if they have been really bad?

And Thank you for allowing my Lilith S (Succubus, body by Warlokk) to freely roam around (teleporter shrub) and to hunt sims while they just getting relaxed or ready for bed? (I use special rules for that Succubus, like needing to be good friends with her. And if they are in bed, asleep, then they are all hers to enjoy.)

... Jim ...
Screenshots

paysites.mustbedestroyed
Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 4:15 AM
This is great for controlling employees. It allows me to micromanage them to make sure that they take care of their needs such as hunger, comfort, hygiene etc because sometimes they forget. Thanks a lot for making this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#114 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:56 PM
Thanks for this. One of the lots I downloaded had super duper hug when visiting and now it is gone
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 8:23 PM
I'm not sure how to download it, but thanks anyway.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#116 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:11 PM
Awesome mod! Not only did it fix my super duper hug bug, but it also is great for controlling people you invite to vacations, as they are somewhat considered pets, and therefore are limited when using the make selectable from testing cheats.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 3:49 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 12:58 AM
I just hope ths lets me get rid of that horrible super duper hug thing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:33 PM
This is perfect for running sims' businesses. Thank you! :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#120 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:20 AM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Hi Dolphin. A friend informed me just today that my lots had the Superduper bug and said it was from this mod. I'm glad you made the fix because I was afraid that I'd lose my Venetian lot. I now know how to fix it. I'll have to repair my lots and re-upload them.

History: My game crashed the other day. I had recently removed the content of my download folder because I wanted to upload some stuff to the exchange without any hitchhiker CC. That's when I started having problems with my game. I told my friend about the crash and she said she discovered my lots had the superduper bug and she found that your controller had something to do with it. That reminded me that I had recently seen it on my last lot I prepped for upload. At the time I didn't know what the heck it was. After I closed the game I couldn't get it to reload again past 29MB before it died. I feared that I'd lose everything and wasn't sure what had caused the problem. The controller must have been in my game for some time because after I wiped and reloaded my game with no CC I tested my older lots and they all had the superduper bug. The interesting thing was that Simpack 2 Clean Installer did not reveal it when I packed those lots for upload.

After reading this thread, I see that it modified the GUID for lots that were created while the older version of the mod was installed and it only appears when the mod is absent because the Maxis social test interactive (SuperDuper) replaces it.

Anyway. With the information that led me to your mod and your fix. I am able to repair the few lots I've tested. This is how I fixed my lots. (I still have to go through all of them and vet them before I re-upload my fixed lots.) The good thing about this fix is that while it is tedious, you don't have to destroy your favorite family lots or lose your furniture or earnings, etc.

I have Sims2 Holiday, University, Nightlife and Open For Business. I DO NOT have FFS.

OCCUPIED LOTS:

1: I used Simpack 2 Clean Installer to place the suspect lots into my reinstalled game.

2: I started the game and went into a lot. Sure enough superduper was there.

3: I exited the game without saving.

4: I copied your newest version of the (fixed) controller into my download folder.

5: I restarted my game.

6: I went to the first lot opened it and the superduper was gone. I EXITED WITHOUT SAVING that lot.

7: I went in a second lot - the superduper was gone. I SAVED when I exited that lot.

8: I exited the game

9: I removed your controller from the game and restarted my game.

10: I went into the the first lot IT STILL HAD SUPERDUPER. I exited that lot without saving.

11: I went into the second lot. SUPERDUPER WAS GONE.

12: I saved that lot, exited the game.

13: I moved your controller back into the download folder and restarted the game.

14: I opened the first lot, the Super Duper was gone. This time I SAVED the lot on exit.

15: I went to the second lot. no superduper. I saved and exited the game.

16: I removed your controller from the game and started the game again and revisited the lots.

SUPERDUPER WAS gone from the first two lots but not the third 'contol' lot.

So, to fix the problem - people need to move the current fixed mod into their download folder, and open each and every lot that was created, test for superduper (if they want to) and SAVE when exiting the lot.

They can later remove the mod from the download folder and revisit the lots with no ill effect.

I will now test this on an unoccupied lot - save it and later move someone in to it to see if superduper is gone. I need to prove that my uploads are free of the mod so I can replace them.

UNOCCUPIED LOTS:

1: I moved the FIXED dolphin controller to the downloads folder.

2: I started the game.

3: I placed the affected and unoccupied lot in the neighborhood. Opened the housing bin menu and entered the unoccupied lot.

4: I didn't do anything on, or to, the lot and immediately saved on exit.

5: I exited the game and removed the controller from the downloads folder.

6: I restarted the game and moved 2 sims onto the lot to see if superduper was gone.

7: RESOLVED! It works for both occupied AND unoccupied lots. all you have to do is install the controller, visit each lot, and save when exiting. It fixes the GUID and you should have no further problems with that lot.

When you leave the game, you can remove the controller and visit the same lots and the problem is GONE! YIPEE!!!! I'm going to be offline a few days while I repair all my lots and re-upload them!

Thanks Dolphin for fixing this! :0) You've saved me further axiety about being a vector for failed lots. :D

I'm really glad that i met this reply Thanks a lot for this, also for the fixed mod!
Page 5 of 5