Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:45 PM
I'm going to be running this as a mini-challenge in my BACC.

My rolls for the first generation:

Couple with stepchildren.
Two kids.
He's a journalist.
Spouse is a toymaker.
They are Expansionist and Homemade.
Oh yes, and they have fish.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#77 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Oh yes, and they have fish.

Love it

Creator of the Sims 2 Random Legacy Challenge
Check it out here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481001

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Which is only found here: http://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM
Very luckily the rolls were all for things that they can actually have at this point in my BACC!
Test Subject
#79 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:33 AM
I got some pretty good rolls for my first generation
Single Parent
1 Child
Culinary Career
Secondary Income Toy Making
Living Green
Luxury
No Pets
Looking forward to this challenge!
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 5:13 AM
Luxury and Living Green; that's going to be an interesting combo!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 8:48 AM
@SusannaG that is quite an interesting combo how are/did you do it?

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 6:39 PM
I've only played one or two rotations; this house is in my BACC. Going well so far.

ETA: I'm not the one who drew "luxury" and "living green" at the same time, though.
Test Subject
#83 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 6:51 PM
Omggg this is gonna be soo hard T.T
Legacy challenge
Generation1:
A:single parent
B:4 children
C2: dj
C1: athletic
E: social bunny
f: homemade
Test Subject
Original Poster
#84 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 9:06 AM
Can all you beautiful people do me a favour and check out my own randomacy!

http://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.com/

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Tga Kiwi : 22nd May 2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Link didn't work
Just read your legacy maykate. It's great, I enjoyed it and look forward to more. I decided to give this a shot my self so if anyone wishes, here's the link A Random Legacy

My new simming blog: Woodville
Helptato
#86 Old 8th May 2013 at 4:29 AM
Ooh! I think I'll give this challenge a go!

Here's what I rolled:

A: 7- Mixed single parent
B: 7- 3 children
C: 9- Standard career
C1: 14- Show Business
D: 9- C2: 11: Writer
E: 10: Idle Career
F: 4- Alienated

LOL, this is going to be fun.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#87 Old 21st May 2013 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 8:14 PM.
Default Lauratje86's Random Legacy Challenge For The Sims 2
When I played The Sims 3 I made a couple of attempts at the Random Legacy Challenge. I enjoyed the challenge, the rules were clear and interesting and everyone on the thread made me very welcome :-) But I just didn't like The Sims 3, and eventually permanently (so far, at least!) went back to The Sims 2.

But I missed the Random Legacy Challenge! When I saw that maykate had made a version of it for The Sims 2 - found here - I had a go at it, but I kept coming up with extra ideas for different objectives. I looked at the Sims 3 RLC thread again and added some extra options based on that. I also wanted to incorporate some of my favourite custom content, so I added some new objectives that require certain custom content or mods. I also changed some of maykate's rules, to fit better with how I play the game.

Eventually I concluded that I'd pretty much made a new challenge, as I could no longer post on maykate's thread as I was playing by such different rules than everyone else! So, after much rewriting and clearing up of things that didn't even make sense to me any more, I am proud to present Lauratje86's Random Legacy Challenge For The Sims 2! :-) It's in the next post down, if you were wondering: I wanted to keep the actual challenge separate from my blathering on! If you prefer, it can also be downloaded as a 1997-2003 Word document, which is in the rar file attached to this post.

It is heavily based on the Sims 3 version and on maykate's Sims 2 version (to the point of copy-pasting some stuff, or making minor edits to copy-pasted bits), so much appreciation and many heartfelt thanks to the people involved with making them! My version is still a work in progress, so comments, suggestions and friendly advice are much appreciated - but please be nice, internet folkses! :-)

**ETA** Ye gods, that post is long! :-D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Lauratje86Sims2RandomLegacyChallengeRules.rar (21.5 KB, 64 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Contains A 1997-2003 Word Document Of My Challenge Rules.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 21st May 2013 at 2:18 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 20th Jul 2013 at 1:32 PM.
Sims 2 Random Legacy Challenge – Lauratje86’s Version

In The Beginning….

Roll the first generation’s goals and note them down.

Create the founding sim(s) in CAS. If you roll a single parent family, create a single sim. If your “Family Structure” roll requires two or more sims then you may create them all together in CAS. You are free to choose all aspects of the sim’s appearance and personality or you may choose to randomise this too. If your “Family Structure” requires multiple sims you may also create a single founder and befriend/romance townies and/or NPC’s and move them in to complete the required structure. If you choose to do this then your founder’s partner/help must have moved in with them by the end of the first week.

Move your founder(s) on to a lot of your choice. This can be a residential lot or an apartment (AL). You are free to move the family whenever you wish – they may move to a residential lot or an apartment (AL) at any point during the challenge. Bear in mind, however, that some of the Generation Goals and Miscellaneous Fun options require your sim to be able to build an extension onto their house and/or plant a garden (Seasons), so in some cases an apartment (AL) may not be suitable.

General Rules:

This challenge lasts for 10 generations. It is completed when the 10th generation completes all of its required goals. If you wish to do so you are of course free to continue the challenge with the 11th generation!

If you fail to complete any of your rolls you lose the challenge. Don’t worry about it though – you can start over if you want to, but if you’re enjoying it you can always keep playing! The main aim is to have fun.

Using cheats and/or mods that give you an unfair advantage is frowned upon. After all, this is supposed to be a challenge, so it needs to be challenging, right?! Cheats like motherlode and kaching should not be used. It’s up to you whether or not you use mods. Personally I never play a vanilla game, so I will be keeping most of my mods in to play my random legacy. It’s up to you to decide whether mods are “cheaty” or not. For example: anything that fixes a Maxis/EA problem, such as mods to prevent Grand Vampires from biting Ms Crumplebottom, are fine – and indeed encouraged. A mod that stops your sims’ motives from ever decaying is not.

You may make money in any way you want, provided that it is allowable according to your career roll(s). All sims may stargaze using the telescope and keep any money the make doing that. All sims may have Money Trees, but only sims who are in the Criminal career track may use the Counterfeiting Machine. Only sims who roll the corresponding non-standard career may make money from painting, writing novels, gardening, breeding and selling pets and making and selling craftables.

From every generation you will need to choose a sim to be the heir. It’s up to you how you choose the heir – it can be the firstborn or the youngest, the one you like best, the one chosen through a poll, however you like. And you can pick each heir however you want – if you decide that the first heir will be the firstborn you can still decide that the second heir will be the youngest, or your favourite.

The next generation begins when the chosen heir become an Adult, or a YA if you choose to send them to university. All “spares” (siblings of the heir) must be moved out, preferably within 24 hours of them becoming an adult. They may also be sent to university as teens. It’s up to you whether or not you choose to move the previous generation’s heir (and partner/”help” if applicable) out when the new heir takes over. It’s up to you whether or not your play the spares and any moved-out previous generation sims or not. I plan to play the entire ‘hood in rotation, but that’s not compulsory!

You may choose whether or not the aspirations and turn ons/offs are randomly selected by rolling a die when your sims become teens. If you prefer you may choose them yourself. You may also choose whether or not to roll for your sims’ secondary aspirations (FT). If you roll Randomness Galore for your Miscellaneous Fun then aspirations/turn ons/offs must be randomized for all of the children born to that generation’s heir – not for the heir themselves, as they may already be a YA or an Adult before you make the roll, but for their offspring.

You are allowed ONE free re-roll of ONE generation objective during the challenge. You may also earn extra ones if you roll The Joker as your Miscellaneous Fun. If you don’t have the required EP or custom content for a roll you may of course re-roll it! As a reward for reaching the 10th generation, you may choose one of the generation objectives for that generation’s heir. So, for example, you may choose to have a “Full House” setup, but then you must roll for all of the other categories.

You are allowed to re-roll a career if you roll the same career in consecutive generations. So if you roll Politics in generations 1 and 2 you may re-roll for generation 2, but if you roll Politics in generations 1 and 3 you must keep it. If you roll the same career for both the primary and secondary career in a generation you may re-roll for the secondary career, but you don’t have to do so.

Pets are always allowed. Any of your sims may have pets of any time. If you roll the Animal Farmer non-standard career you will need to have 2 pets of the same type in order to breed them and sell their offspring, unless you choose to use Rebecah’s custom farm animals instead. If you roll Animal Lover for Miscellaneous Fun then you have to have pets. In all other circumstances they are optional, but they are always allowed. If you no longer want a large pet (cat or dog) you may sell it, or put it up for adoption or turn it into a stray using a mod. If you no longer want a small pet (bird or womrat) you may sell its cage or set it free.

You may resurrect sims using in-game methods if you wish to do so, but if you do so you are encouraged to move them out as soon as possible, unless they are filling the requirement for a heir’s partner or “help”.

Servos are allowed. You can have as many as you want, but when the next generation takes over you must move them out, or deactivate them and get rid of them. In general they may not earn any money, with one exception: they may fill the role of partner or “help” for your heir, in which case they must roll for a career as normal and take that career. Servos may be crafted or you may use a mod to spawn them.

All supernatural sims are allowed. In fact, if you roll Supernatural as your Generation Goal or Abducted! as your Miscellaneous Fun they are compulsory! If you are unwilling to play with supernaturals due to your (religious) beliefs then you may re-roll if you get either of these objectives.

Aspiration and career rewards are allowed. However, as mentioned above, only Criminals may use the Counterfeiting Machine. Elixir Of Life is allowed if you really really want to use it, but I would advise against extending your sims' lives for too long - after all, the aim of this challenge is to progress through the generations, not to have all of your sims hanging around living eternal lives! However, as immortal supernaturals are allowed, elixir is too..... The kibble that extends pets' lives may also be used.

COMING SOON!! Multi-Generational objectives are optional, as are pet-related objectives (which obviously require PETS). You may or may not roll for a multi-generational goal, or you may choose one yourself. The instructions given for this goal must be followed throughout the entire challenge. If you choose to have pets and you wish to have some objectives for them, roll one per sim generation (to be used for all pets owned whilst that generation is in charge), one per pet generation or pick one (or more) yourself.

The Rolls:

A. Marital Structure (1-32)

1-8) Single Parent - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn't allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is forbidden. Your single parent Sim may marry or have a live in partner before the first child is born or adopted, but that spouse/partner must be moved out of the household within 24 hours after the first child is born or adopted. After the first child is born, male single Sims may move in the mothers of subsequent biological children for the pregnancy only. The mother must leave the household within 24 hours after the baby is born.
The restriction on moving in the single parent's partner is removed once their youngest child has reached the mid point of the teen age stage (7 days for the unaltered normal lifespan). After the youngest has reached the mid point of the teen stage, your single Sim may then move in or marry one partner, if you so desire (this obviously isn't required). The partner can be anyone. If your single Sim has a partner living with them either before the first birth or after the youngest is teen, that partner may keep whatever job the game assigned them. If that Sim is unemployed, they must stay unemployed. Do not roll for section D.

9-20) Couple - Your sim must obtain a spouse or partner to live with them in the household. The spouse or partner does not technically have to be the father/mother of the children, but they must be present in the household.

There is technically no restriction on "serial monogamy" here. If you really want to replace the partner/spouse with a different one, you may. This might prove inconvenient since the new partner/spouse must be moved in almost immediately after the last one leaves, and have the same career you rolled for the last one. He/she is subject to the same roll all-around.

21-22) Mixed Couple - This roll works exactly like Couple, with the added requirement that the children be a mix of biological and adopted children. You must produce at least one biological child, and adopt at least one child. You may have more children than the amount you rolled for to fulfil this rule. i.e., if you roll for 1 child, you will have to have an extra child so you can have both adopted and biological children. If you roll for two children and have biological twins before adopting, you still need to adopt one more.

23-24) Mixed Single Parent - This roll works exactly like single parent, with the added requirement that the children be a mix of biological and adopted children. (See "mixed couple" for more clarifications.)

25-26) Single Parent with 'help' - You may not marry or move in a romantic partner. Instead move in a friend, sibling, cousin, etc. to help raise the children. The Sim you move in takes the secondary career; it's like playing the Couple roll, without romance. This 'helper' may have children of their own, but, like your sim, they may not marry or move in a partner (until halfway through the youngest child's teen stage, anyway; for more clarification on that, see Single Parent above). Any children the helper has counts toward the total number of children you rolled, provided that they grow up in your household. So if you roll for one child, only your Sim may have a child in the house, but if you roll two children, your Sim can have 2 and the helper none, or they can have one each, etc. All children in the house must live by that generation's rules. The helper may move out when the heir comes of age, just like the previous heir, but that is not required. The single parent and the helper may move in their romantic partners when the youngest child is halfway through their teen stage if you wish. Four older sims hanging around while the new generation takes over may be tough to manage, though, so keep in mind the option of moving the old generation out when the new one takes over... and the option of simply having the sims remain single/not living with their romantic interest, even after the restriction evaporates. It's all up to you!

27-28) Second Chance - This works like Couple, with the added requirement that your sim must have at least two partners/spouses over the course of his/her generation. The first partner must be in at least partner (boyfriend/girlfriend) status, and you must have at least one child by the first partner/spouse. The first partner/spouse must be moved in and everything. At some point after you have had at least one child by the first partner/spouse, that partner/spouse must go, either by death or break-up/divorce/separation. Then, your heir must find another sim to marry or move in. If you roll for only one child it must be by the first partner. If you roll for more than one you can divide them between the two partners however you like, so long as at least one is from the first partner. You may use a mod to achieve the death of the first partner, if you've chosen to kill them. For Secondary careers, roll twice, once for the first partner and one for the second.

29-30) Couple + Friend - Basically you've got the couple, and then you've got a friend/sibling/cousin/whatever crashing on the couch. Or living in a bedroom and contributing to the house like a normal sim, if you prefer! The non-paired sim can be in a romance, but may not move his/her significant other(s) into the household (unless the youngest child is halfway through the teen life stage). The friend works just like the helper sim in Single Parent with Help. All the sims can have children in the household, provided you've rolled enough kids. For added fun, your sim might be the single one; maybe his/her live-in friends are the happily married couple! Ooh! What a twist! In any case, your heir rolls in section C for career. The other two can either roll in section D for careers, or one rolls in section D and one rolls in section C.

31) Single Parent with Double Help - Works exactly like Single Parent with Help, except there are two helpers, and none of these three can romance each other (unless the youngest child is halfway through teen life stage).

32) Full House - In this roll, you've got your sim and three others. Yes, THREE others. All restrictions are off as to what relationship they are to each other. Are they all siblings? Two couples? Or does your sim have a harem? It's up to you! Two sims will take careers rolling section C, and two will take careers rolling from section D. If you roll this and five children, you may either re-roll for # of children, or re-roll family structure. Not both. You may also choose to keep both rolls and use a mod that allows you to have more than 8 sims in a household if you wish.

B. Number of Children (1-14)
Note that exceeding this number by having accidental twins (or triplets or quads if you use a mod that makes them a possibility) is fine, but you must not have any more children after that. If you use ACR you may allow your sims to try for baby and/or woohoo autonomously, but it is up to you to ensure that they have no more and no less than the required number of children.

1-3) 1
4-8) 2
9-11) 3
12) 4
13) 5
14) 6

C. Primary Income (1-18)

1-9) Standard Career- Roll in chart C1 to determine which.
10-13)- Non-Standard Career- Roll on chart C2 to determine which.
14-17) Owned Business (OFB) – Roll on chart C3 to determine which type of owned business your sim should have.
18) Job Hopper- Must play a sequence of careers in order, playing each for a week in sim-time. Roll 10 times for the different careers and play them in order you rolled them.

C1. Standard Career List (1-32)

If you do not have the required expansion pack or custom career to fulfil this roll you may re-roll.

1. Athletic
2. Business
3. Criminal
4. Culinary
5. Law Enforcement
6. Medicine
7. Military
8. Politics
9. Science
10. Slacker
11. Artist (UNI)
12. Natural Scientist (UNI)
13. Paranormal (UNI)
14. Show Business (UNI)
15. Adventurer (SNS)
16. Education (SNS)
17. Gamer (SNS)
18. Journalism (SNS)
19. Law (SNS)
20. Music (SNS)
21. Architecture (FT)
22. Dance (FT)
23. Entertainment (FT)
24. Intelligence (FT)
25. Oceanography (FT)
26. Midwifery (CC)
27. Animal Care (CC)
28. McDonalds (CC)
29. Taxi Driver (CC)
30. Airline Groundstaff (CC)
31. Flight (CC)
32. Factory Work (CC)

C2. Non-Standard Career List (1-14)

If you do not have the required expansion pack re-roll. Sims who roll one of these careers may also own a market stall relating to this career. Examples include a stall selling the items that the sim makes/grows/catches or a book stall selling novels for a Writer.

1. Produce Farmer- Grow and sell your own produce (SNS). Heir may take over an existing garden.
2. Animal Farmer – Breed and sell animals. You may breed cats and/dogs to sell (PETS) or you may use Rebecah’s animated farm animals. (CC)
3. Fishersim- Sell the fish (and boots) that you can catch.
4. Painter- Paint and sell (or display) finished products. Sims who roll this career may own a small gallery.
5. Potter- Make your money through the Pottery Wheel. Sell the pottery that you make. (FT)
6. Sewer- Make your money through the Sewing Bench. Sell the goods that you make. (FT)
7. DJ- Make your money from working as a DJ. (NL)
8. Bartender/ Barista- Make your money from working as a bartender or as a barista. (UNI/NL)
9. Florist- Make your money though the That Smells Great! Floral Workstation. (OFB)
10. Toy Maker- Make your money through the Crazy Fun Toybench. (OFB)
11. Robot Crafter- Make your money through the Non-Deadly Robot Crafting Station. (OFB)
12. Author- Write your own novels through the computer and make money through royalty payments. Pleasure sims may write restaurant guides. (FT)
13. Sculptor- Use the custom sculpture station to make sculptures to sell (or display). Sims who roll this career may own a small gallery or sculpture park. (CC)
14. Blogger/Advisor (CC/FT)- Make your money by giving Financial Advice online (Fortune sims only, FT). Or make money from blogging, by using Cyjon’s mod that allows sims with maxed enthusiasm in a hobby to make money by blogging about it (CC/FT).

C3. Owned Business List (1-4)
1. A shop business selling items purchased through wholesale mode – where sims can buy items and pay for them at the till. For example a grocery shop, a clothes shop or a furniture shop. A market stall does not fulfil this career option.
2. A shop business selling craftable items – where sims can buy items and pay for them at the till. For example a florist or a toy shop. You may choose what type of items the heir will craft but you must pick just one craft station.
3. A bandanatron (ticket machine) business – where sims pay to spend time on the lot. For example a spa (without massage tables), a gym or a park.
4. A salon – where sims can pay for makeovers. The lot may also include other items, including massage tables.

D. Secondary Income (1-12)

1-2) Standard Career - Roll on chart C1 to determine which.
3-9) Non-Standard Career - Roll on chart C2 to determine which.
10-11) None - This sim must not work to earn money. They may also not sell paintings or craftables or sell harvested produce or fish. They may engage in these activities but not make any monetary gain from them.
12) Job Hopper- Must play a sequence of careers in order, playing each until you reach level 5, or for a week in sim-time. Roll 10 times for the different careers and play them in order you rolled them.

E. Generation Goal (1-11)

1) Expansionist - Put at least one major expansion onto your house during this generation. Examples of expansions include: a new nursery with space for all the toddler toys and attached outdoor playground, a guest apartment for the previous generation elders to live in, or an artists’ retreat with room for painters, sculptures and sewers to practice their art.

2) Fulfilled - Both your heir and their spouse (if applicable) must obtain their LTW. Changing their LTW via aspiration rewards is allowed.
In addition, any want that is “promised” (locked) MUST be fulfilled. You may only cancel a promised want if it becomes impossible to fulfil (I.e Bring home an A+ but your sim has transitioned into an adult, or “Play a game with >Sim< when the said sim has died.) You so not have to promise every want, or even any wants, but once promised this rule applies.

3) A Party to Remember – Your heir must throw a roof raising party. The party can be for any occasion, or none. He/she must invite at least 3 guests, but preferably more if your computer can handle them. They must serve a main meal, dessert or cake – preferably something that requires a high level of cooking skill, and it may not be burned. They must provide entertainment of some kind – this could be a punch barrel, bubble blower, stereo or something else, it’s up to you. Your heir must interact socially with each guest at least once.

4) Living Green - Must live eco-consciously. Your sims must never drive anywhere. You may carpool to work and walk to lots, and if you don’t have associated expansion pack your sims may take a taxi. Your sims must grow their own produce and catch their own fish. They may not order groceries or takeaway food but they may eat in restaurants and at food stands. Sims may not fly anywhere. Sims may not purchase new furniture via the buy mode this generation, with the exception of buying plants, plots and orchids. Exception if playing generation 1, in which case you may purchase as many beds and cribs as necessary, all toddler/child toys, one fridge, one oven, two sinks, one toilet, one shower or bath or shower/bath, one dresser, one mirror, one bookcase, one counter for food preparation and one counter for a drop in sink. Your sims may buy enough seating to accommodate the total number of sims rolled for that family (i.e. you rolled a couple with two kids, that’s seating for four) You may buy whatever seating you prefer. So if it is seating for four, you may buy four dining chairs, or a two seat sofa and two dining chairs, or a three seat sofa and one dining chair ect. You may also purchase one table (dining table or coffee table, or an impractical side table, whatever floats your boat). If you rolled a self employed career like an artist, you may buy the required objects to do the job. There are no restrictions to build mode or light fixtures. No decorative items may be purchased, with the exception of plants, but you may decorate the house with crafted items if one or more of your sims are self-employed crafters (or if the household already owned the required crafting equipment).

5) Deadbeat Parents - Your heir and their partner/”help” may not potty train any toddlers, or teach them to walk, talk or sing a nursery rhyme. Children/teens may not be helped with their homework. Older siblings who still live in the household may teach toddler skills and help with homework if desired. Children/teens may not be “encouraged” by your heir or their partner/”help”. Older siblings and other relatives (such as grandparents) may “encourage” children/teens. You may not command your heir or their partner/”help” to interact with their children, unless it is to fill their vital needs – to feed babies and toddlers, change their diapers or put them in a crib – or if they have a want to do so (or a more general want like Play or Make Friend). Your heir and their partner/”help” are free to autonomously interact with their children though.

6) Change of Scenery - Your sim is fed up with the same four walls and wants to move. You can either, delete everything in your house which isn’t sim made (paintings etc.) or from a vacation. Then demolish your house and start from scratch. Or you may place a pre-built house anywhere in the neighbourhood and move into it. Or you may build another house on a different lot keeping existing house hold items or purchasing new ones. Reroll if Generation One.

7) Social Bunny - Once a week (Sunday to Saturday) your sim must go on a date, or a group outing. You don’t have to get a “great” rating, but what is important is that they happen. Try to vary the places you go as well, although it isn’t a requirement. Outings and dates may also take place on your home lot.

8) Photogenic - Your sim loves to be looked at and wants their beauty to be remembered. Use the easel, the Artist career reward camera (UNI), the photo booth (NL) and/or the snapshot camera (BV) to capture 5 portraits of your sim and display them in your house. One must be from the heirs’ childhood from toddler, child or teenager stage. Also create a portrait of your heir’s children and any other children in the household who count towards the number of children requirement (during any life stage before YA/adult) and your heir’s partner(s) or “help(s)” (if applicable). Reroll if Generation One.

9) Supernatural – Your heir has an interest in the supernatural and must either become a supernatural or, if they rolled a partner or “help”, invite one to move in to the household. They must also be friends with at least two supernaturals who are not related to them. The alpha wolves (PETS) count as supernaturals for the purpose of befriending, as does Bigfoot (BV).

10) AWESOME! – Your heir must do something awesome during their lifetime. What they do exactly is up to you! It’s encouraged to have them achieve something that THEY would consider awesome; a sim who is very interested in paranormal and travel may choose to visit all of the BV secret lots and complete the tasks there, for example, or a sim who loves tinkering may restore cars for themselves and each member of the household. Awesome things are a bit lacking in The Sims 2, compared to The Sims 3, but I’m sure you can come up with something!

11) Hobby, Or Obsession? – You must pick a hobby for your heir (and their partner/”help” if applicable) and they must gain entry to the secret hobby lot. The hobby may not be related to their work and they may not earn money from it. If you have FT you may choose to select their “One Hobby” but that is not compulsory. It’s encouraged for them to maximise enthusiasm in the chosen hobby but that’s not required.

F. Miscellaneous Fun (1-13)

1. Partier - Every time there is a chance for a party throw one. Your baby is transitioning into a toddler - throw a party! You moved into a new house - throw a party! You feel like throwing a sports party - throw a party”! You made it to you golden anniversary - throw a party! You graduated – throw a party! Someone’s getting married - you guessed it, throw a party! It doesn’t matter is the parties are any good, what matters is that you love to host them!

2. No Strangers - You may not call any service sims to the lot. This includes all of the services available, including groceries and takeaway delivery, with the exception of the Adoption and Pet Adoption services. If you have AL you may use a mod that allows your sims to ask their friends to Watch Kids on residential lots.

3. Homemade - You sims must only eat home cooked dishes – no snacks. If a sim gets a snack autonomously and you notice then you must cancel the action but you don’t fail the roll if this happens. Your family must sit down all together for at least one cooked meal every day.

4. Abducted! – Have at least one alien child through abduction. This child must be counted as one of the children you rolled. If you only rolled one child and your heir is a woman you may either choose to use a mod that allows female alien pregnancies or you may have one normal pregnancy involving the woman if you want a biological heir and have her male partner/”help” have the alien birth. If she is a single parent and you don’t wish to use a mod to allow her to become alien pregnant then you may either reroll or move in a male sim to be abducted and have the baby and then move him back out immediately after the baby is born. The male sim does not have to be your heir’s partner/lover but they must be best friends.

5. Half-Siblings - No two pregnancies or individual adoptions this generation may be with the same partner. Re-roll if you only need one child (or you may re-roll the number of children, if preferred). Note that you can have half-siblings at any time in the legacy; this roll just forces you to do so.

6. Luxury - Replace the furniture of any room by the highest quality in the catalog. You'll need to save money for that, but money is not a problem for you, is it? (Highest quality means having the maximum score for whichever motives it fills, not necessarily the most expensive item).

7. Multi-Cultural - The mother/father of the heir's children must be from a different culture than the heir. For an additional challenge, try to use items from that different culture when choosing outfits for the children, and for decorating the home this generation. If you own BV then the mother/father may be a vacation destination local or a tourist but supernatural sims also count as being from a different culture, so the mother/father can be a witch, plantsim or part-alien, for example.

8. The Joker - If you roll this, then you do not have a "Misc Fun" objective for this generation. You also have a "Get Out of Jail Free" Card, so to speak. You are allowed ONE extra re-roll of Challenge objectives. You may spend the Joker on any roll in any generation after it’s rolled (including the one it's rolled for). Note that you're only allowed to re-roll for a single category.

9. Fashion Diva - Your Sim likes to keep up with the latest trends. They must buy and plan at least ONE of their outfits at least once per Sim week (Monday AM to Sunday PM). They must also buy and plan a special formal outfit for their wedding, if applicable.

10. It's so YOU – When your heir becomes an adult (or a YA, if you send them to university) you must select a favourite colour for them and use it to decorate their home. You may pick the favourite colour yourself or you may choose it randomly – by rolling from a list of colours, or by using the main colour of the outfit that they age up into, or however you wish. Décor in their home must be based on their interests and One Hobby (if you have FT). For example, a sim with a high interest in Food or the OH of Cuisine may have lots of kitchen clutter, and a sim with the OH of Nature would have lots of plants in their home, and a well-tended garden.

11. Randomness Galore – You must choose the heir’s aspiration at random when they become a teen. Their turn on/offs must also be chosen randomly. If you have FT, their Secondary Aspiration must also be chosen randomly. You may do this at any time as long as the heir has a secondary aspiration before they take over. If your play style involves you randomising these things for all sims then you may reroll or you may choose to play this generation without a “Misc Fun” objective.

12. A Sim For All Seasons - Your Sim really gets into the spirit of the season. Your heir must have a different Everyday outfit suited for each season. The outfit doesn't have to be overly themed, like snowflake sweaters for winter, just suited for the season's weather. Also, you must decorate some part of the house or yard with a seasonal decoration for each season in turn. You do not have to conform to real world seasonal themes or holidays; if your Sim wants to celebrate winter with hearts and rainbows, that's fine. The point is to have something different on display for each season. It doesn't have to be the whole house, it can be as small as having one seasonal item your Sim displays each season. Reroll if you don't have Seasons, or your Sim lives in a ‘hood with less than 3 seasons.

13. Animal Lover (PETS) – Your sim loves animals and must own at least one large pet (large dog, small dog or cat) and two small pets (bird, womrat, fish, custom caged pets). The large pet must have all of the items that it requires to live happily. The large pet may get a job but they’re not required to do so. By the time of its death, or the death of your heir, the pet and the heir must have a Master (dogs) or Mine (cats) relationship level.

G. Multi-Generational Goals(1-4)

1. Remember The Past – There must be portraits (either paintings or photographs taken using the Artist career reward camera (UNI), not the BV camera) of your founder, every heir and all partners, “helps” and spares hanging somewhere in the house at the end of generation 10. At least one painting or photograph of each sim is required, but you may have more. If you want to, and you have PETS, include a painting or photograph of every pet that ever belonged to the family as well.

2. Pet People – Your founder loved animals, and started the challenge with a dog or a cat (not both) that was created in CAS with them. This pet would be the start of a long line of pets – 10 generations, to be exact! Breed your pet and carry on its family line for 10 generations, or more if you wish. This will not take as long as your RLC as pets don’t live for as long as sims and can breed at an earlier age.

3. Hall Of Fame – Create a museum relating to your family. It should include a portrait of your founder and each heir as well as documenting all of their achievements – university degrees, hobby plaques, paintings they’ve painted, novels they’ve written, fish they caught – whatever you like, display it in the family museum. The museum can be a room in their home, or if you have OFB it may be on an owned community lot, owned by the household.

4. Wish Upon A Star! – Each of your sims must fulfil their lifetime wish. If their lifetime wish is impossible due to their career roll, or their required number of children, you must re-roll it using a mod.

G. Pet Goals (1-3)

1. Centre Of Attention – Every pet must be friends with all of the sims who are part of the household, with the exception of babies. Your heir must make time to play with, or otherwise interact with, every pet at least once a day.

2. Perfectionist – Every pet must learn all of the skills, including toilet training for cats. Any sim living in the household may teach them these skills, and a pet trainer may be hired if you wish to do so.

3. Hard Worker – Every pet must reach the top of one of the pet careers, or a custom pet career. Want an extra challenge? Make sure that every pet reaches the top of two of the careers, or of all three!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 21st May 2013 at 4:42 AM
I like the look of this. I am currently doing maykates' version. Only just begun and now on my gen2. I love how you have included a multi-generation goal. I may have to incorporate your version into the one I am doing. Thank you for this.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#90 Old 22nd May 2013 at 6:07 AM
@Tga Kiwi Thank you I am glad you liked it! I will defiantly check out your legacies

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#91 Old 22nd May 2013 at 6:08 AM
Chapter 1.4 has been posted!
Read it here: https://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.c...ve-been-warned/

And if you haven't read the rest click the link in my signature

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Test Subject
#92 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:02 PM
My rolls:

A: Couple
B: 2 Children
C: Military
D: Bartender
E: Social Bunny
F: Fashion Diva
Pets: 2 fish and a toy dog pen. Re roll for the next generation.

I will post a link once I have my first chapter

Your legacy is great, I'm excited to see the baby.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 22nd May 2013 at 11:08 PM
First post is up.
I have also incorporated Laurajte86's generation goal Hobby or obsession and her multi generational goal from here. Am so enjoying this challenge so far.
Founding sim is Alexa Hill
Her Rolls:
A:Single parent
B:One child
C:Painter
D: Paranormal
E: Perfect Career
F: Alienated
and from Lauratje86's version: E: Hobby or Obsession
G: Multi Generational Goal = Hall of Fame.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#94 Old 23rd May 2013 at 2:09 AM
@marracashamore- That is a pretty good starting role, cannot wait to see your first post! And thank you I am glad you're enjoying it. I am already working on the next chapter so keep your eyes open

@Tga Kiwi- I just went and looked on your page, looks good And thats the first time I have seen her post.. wish I had thought of adding generational goals!

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#95 Old 24th May 2013 at 8:47 AM
Chapter 1.5 is up! You will find it here: http://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.co...moving-forward/

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 27th May 2013 at 11:30 PM Last edited by wilksfamily : 28th May 2013 at 2:02 AM.
legacy stats
okay here it is fixed and this is what im doing! took me forever x.x

gen 1:
couple
with 3 kids
and work a police
the other one is a job hopper and only did 5 becuse im lazy
military,paranormal,artist,show buisness and polotics
they want perfect children
and we got the joker roll

i also did the pets one:
3 pets
a womrat a bird and a small dog
i got the page 2 for dog and breed 1
the bird is 3 same for womrat.
the dog's job is showbiz this should be easy :
Test Subject
Original Poster
#97 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:53 PM
@wilksfamily, It was a good starting roll! Next time try and do the Job hopper but at least you had a go I personally haven't got Job Hopper yet in mine *Crosses Fingers and Toes* but I am dreading the day I know I will need a well rounded skill set to achieve it!

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 1:21 AM Last edited by wilksfamily : 3rd Jun 2013 at 12:23 PM.
i had to re-make my legacy family but i followed the same rolls for gen 1,
the starters were Mary Star and Justin Star.

they had:
Jenna Star
Simon Star
Felicity star
i rolled for gen 2 and this is what i got:
mixed couple
2 children
law enforcement (primary income)
dj (secondary income)
deadbeat parents
fashion diva

im going to follow jenna , simon and jenna are twins (teen stage) and felicity is a single-born (child) i dont think im gona send the kids to college
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 4:12 AM
Founding sim is only days away from reaching her elder years. Her daughter has celebrated becoming a teen and I am considering whether to send her to college or not ( decisions, decisions...).

Generation 2: Bethany Hill
Her Rolls:
A: Single parent *sigh*
B: One child *sigh*
C: Standard career = Natural scientist
D: Non-standard career = Toy maker (??)
E: Photogenic
F: Luxury (With her money rolls? )

Test Subject
#100 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 11:07 AM
A: Single Parent
B: 5 Children
C: Show Buisness
D: Bartender/Barista
E: Fulfilled
F: No strangers
3 pets
Bird, Large dog (Show Biz), Cat (Service)
Train in all tricks
Page 4 of 9