Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:39 AM
Default WCIF a way to make maps of my TS2 towns?
I'd like to be able to make maps of my TS2 towns, but I don't know how. Is there a mod I would use? A camera technique? I am utterly confused.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:28 PM
Here's a way.

1) Go into neighborhood view and enter cameraman mode (tab). Try to get a bird's eye view.
2) When you're there, take a screenshot. Use fraps or the printscreen key instead of the ingame one.
3) Go to where the screenshot saved. (With fraps- C:\Fraps\Screenshots, with printscreen, it will be added to the clipboard)
4) Put it into a picture editing program. Paint for simple stuff, Photoshop for more options, if you have it.
5) Do whatever you need to and save. Now you're done.

*If you have a large 'hood with lots on the very outskirts, you might need something like a camera mod to zoom out that far. There are tons out there with different settings.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:31 PM
Nice question - I've been making a map of Polgannon and done from memory but I'd be interested to hear suggestions (and that's not a bad one Soulfire).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 2:55 PM
That's exactly how I do it, too. I don't use cameraman mods but for large hoods I just pan across and then merge the pictures. Using layers I draw over the hood to make it simpler, but you could use the screenshot directly if you wanted to. I recommend putting a semitransparent layer of black or white before putting text in a contrasting shade on top of that to make it stand out and more easily readable.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...