Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:19 AM
Default WCIF School Paper w/ Extra Curricular Ativities
I was thinking today that it would be neat if we could have a mod of a magazine or newspaper that shows up for your school kid's age group. In other words, Teens get High School Paper and Children get Grade School Paper. This could be used similar to a regular newspaper in the sense you can read it and search for careers, or in this case Extra Curricular Activities and Clubs. My thought was that it could also be similar to a magazine in the sense you can opt out of it. As for the clubs and activities, that may be a bit tricky as there are so many choices. My initial thought was to have the paper as it's own mod and have the clubs created to be add-ons. In other words, you'd need to download the paper and at least one of the clubs to join. As for the clubs and activities, They should be 1-2 hours; 2-3 days a week for practice, for things like cheerleader and football, and meetings, for other things like a video gamer club. The hours should be early evening, in other words no practice at 7 o'clock at night. My thought on time would be between 2 and 6 o'clock, like teen activities from 1:30 to 3:30 and children activities from 3:30 to 5:30. And if :30 after the hour can't be done then 2-4 for teens and 4-6 for kids. And instead of money, like you'd get from careers, you'd earn towards specific skill points. Like football would get points towards body, chess cub towards logic, and so on and so forth. I leave the rate they earn to you since I'm not sure how that works. Maybe have them earn one point every Friday or something along those line. The way I figure it any club or after school activity would raise charisma so that would be a given for each add-on.

Some add-ons I thought of are:

Cheerleading
Football
Basketball
Baseball
Gymnastics
Gamer's club
Artist's Club
Chess Club
Cooking Club
Ballet

Also I feel I should add that I wanted these all to be unisex, after all you don't have to be a boy to play Basketball or a girl to cheerlead right?
I did search and saw there were a few After School Activities and classes as teen careers but none seemed to match the ideas I had in mind.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:06 AM
Interesting, but I would like the athletic sports to be Teen Jobs with the money replaced with skills as you suggested.

And the other activities clubs (Gamer's, Artisit's, Chess, & Cooking) well, that's kind of similar to the hobby clubs in Freetime, and teens can go there already. Well besides the chess club.

Or those clubs could be joined when a teen has a certain amount of skills regarding that club and they can join just as easy as signing up for a magazine subscription and get chance cards while in school, (as if they participate in the clubs during school hours) and can get bonus skills or lose some. Or even make some cash.

Also, Teens would be allowed to have apart of a sport (job) as well as a Activities group since they don't conflict in schedule...

If only I was talented enough to do such a thing sigh...

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:15 AM
Are you trying to see if this has already been created or requesting that it be created? If it's the latter, mts doesn't have a requests forum, so you'd want to look through the creators who take requests thread and see if there is anyone who can and would be willing to try making it. I would also suggest asking in Simbology's request forum.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Genchan : 10th Dec 2014 at 6:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
Are you trying to see if this has already been created or requesting that it be created? If it's the latter, mts doesn't have a requests forum, so you'd want to look through the creators who take requests thread and see if there is anyone who can and would be willing to try making it. I would also suggest asking in Simbology's request forum.

Kinda both. When I checked with the key words I could think of I didn't see anything that was similar enough to what I wanted. But I also have it up in case a creator would like to take a shot at making it. I did check the 'creators who are taking requests' thread but it only showed 6 people and I would want someone who can create the paper and tie the hobby ideas to it. In other words, Someone who makes custom careers AND objects. I didn't see anyone who matched that description when I checked. I haven't tried the simbology's though. I'll do that now.