Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:56 PM
I have a suggestion for a round. Could we have a boat "foundation". That could be fun, but yeah, its only a suggestion :D
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mario125
does it have to be sims 3 cuz it sucks.

Eh? What's wrong with it being a TS3 competition? I understand that the TS2 payers also want to participate in a competition but still..
Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong) this is the third TS3 competition yet I see people complain :/

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:08 AM
Default Midsommer House by Mia138
Here's my entry for the contest.

Midsommer House is a traditional blue and white beach house, the like of which can be seen on many beachfronts all over the Sim World.
Set in informal gardens, the property comprises two levels:-

Ground Floor: Kitchen/Diner, Lounge (with doors to covered balcony with seating), Bathroom, Study, generous Entrance Hall with stairs leading to

First Floor: Master Bedroom, two other bedrooms, small Nursery and Family Bathroom.

The house is decorated throughout in classic designs giving it a neat but cosy feeling and would make a perfect family home.

Outside there is a carport, several mature trees, firepit and seating area, swingset and a small but pretty stocked garden pond.

Ground Floor

First Floor

Kitchen

Living Room

Study

Master Bedroom

Nursery

Bedroom Two

Rear View

There is no custom content in this build.

Good Luck Everyone!
Test Subject
#79 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:11 AM
Default time
wow! everyone's so far looks awesome. Any idea on how soon the spots will fill up? I hope I can get this house I'm working on done before they do...
Test Subject
#80 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
Well, I'm not the best builder in the world but I can make it look decent lol decorating is more my style. I will try hard HP though! Because this is my first contest!!! Good luck everyone!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
I don't think there's a set number of 'spots', just as long as you get your entry in on time.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#82 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:52 AM
Oh no, fairycake89! I had a peek at your deleted post, and the lot was gorgeous. Good luck reworking it!

There are still 41 places going, and five days to get your entry in - no need to panic... yet.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The other one
#83 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:27 AM Last edited by missroxor : 17th Jul 2010 at 1:32 AM. Reason: Add the comment to Kaospilot
I don't mean to keep pestering you with questions but can you clarify the rules on taking pics for me please as some of the unofficial contests on here can be really strict about following the guidelines exactly? I'd rather lose points for producing a rubbish entry than for not understanding the rules

1. In the initial thread you mention 5 specific shots that you want and 3 bonus pics of our choice. Is there a points penalty for deviating from this and can we submit more than the specified pics if we want?

2. If we have to stick to just the 8 images can we make each one of the bonus pics a collage of several photos like we can with the floor plans pic?

Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Eh? What's wrong with it being a TS3 competition? I understand that the TS2 payers also want to participate in a competition but still..
Afaik (correct me if I'm wrong) this is the third TS3 competition yet I see people complain :/

Totally agree. I only discovered contests with the last one and got excited about doing another....only to have to wait forever for it come around

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#84 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:38 AM
Lesley and Solange Baumont have always wanted a house to live with their little family. However, Lesley wanted a real victorian gothic style house when Solange dreamt of an art deco palace.
With all their bickering, three years after the first plan was made...
It kind of ended like this: flat roof, too many windows and lot of useless balconies.

Street View
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1279325349

Ground Floor
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1279325556

First Floor

Second Floor

Kitchen

Dining Room

Living Room
http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1279325772

Rec Room

Master Bedroom

Lot Price:
Furnished: $ 187 271
Unfurnished: $ 106 863

No CC
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:53 AM
Placeholder!!!!!
Test Subject
#86 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:12 AM
Ill Enter
Test Subject
#87 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:13 AM Last edited by outburst : 17th Jul 2010 at 3:27 PM.
De-lurking to post this entry!

I tried to stick with mostly black and white for the house. No CC used. (The only "extras" I have are from the EA store.)

So, here's the street level view:

Second Floor:

First Floor:

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Lackluster bathroom shot:

Slightly more colorful kind of detached reading area:

BBQ area:

Test Subject
#88 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:16 AM
Default Entry!
Hi! I decided to enter this contest, even though I don't consider myself to be a very good house maker ^o^'

First of all, this house is small, but perfect for one Sim (possibly two). There's one parking space, and one bike rack, but room for more. The rooftop is flat, so a second floor is possible. Also, not featured in the pics below aside from the overhead view, there is a very tiny library next to the bedroom. :3 The interior might look bare to some people, but for very neat or perfectionist (or lazy...) Sims, it's a great place for them. There's less to clean. xD

There is NO CC on this lot.

Street View

Floor 1

Floor 2

Front

Back

Living Room

Kitchen/Dining Room

Bathroom

Bedroom

Garden
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#89 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:46 AM
Kitty Terula, you've got the foundation the wrong way round. :/

Winterhart, depending on the orientation of the lot you choose to use, you may have to rotate the foundation or you may not - there's a short discussion on this a few pages ago. You do have to use the foundation in the orientation given in the first (or second?) post.

missroxor, there's no specific scoring attached to number of pics; although using all the bonus pics will of course allow you to show your lot off better. No - you can't add more than the required pics and the maximum three bonus pics. As for collages, I dunno. I'll refer that one to HP.

Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
Im in..but I fell like a idiot asking this but...where do I get the foundation from?
Someone please help..I must seem like an idiot :/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#91 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:59 AM
It's attached at the start of the thread.

Test Subject
#92 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:03 AM
I'll enter.
Test Subject
#93 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:03 AM
Oh..right I uh just cant seem to find the attachment :/ blegh im am idiot.Is it near anything specific?
The other one
#94 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:17 AM
Kiki, it's the third post with the screenshots. Click on the bit that says Foundation One.zip

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Inventor
#95 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:21 AM
This spot is reserved .I'm Currently finishing my house .
Test Subject
#96 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:22 AM
Thank U missroxer Haha Im so dumb
Scholar
#97 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:54 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 17th Jul 2010 at 4:17 AM. Reason: Totally forgot to add a comment!!
Default Sunshine and Daisies

Okay, well, after - what, two days? - I managed to complete my very first house in Sims 3! Can we have a moment of silence in honour of this? *moment passes*

So, this is 365 Oak Grove Road in Sunset Valley - also known the Sunshine and Daisies house. It's currently priced at roughly 80,000$, and features two bedrooms, two and a half baths, a back porch and study.

It is called the 'Sunshine and Daisies' house because I tried to keep the decoration scheme inside the yellow-orange-brown colour spectrum. No custom content was used in the building of this house.

Ground Floor: Consists of entry hall, living room, kitchen, dining room, master bedroom and bath, another half-bath.

Second Floor: Consists of study, second full bath and second bedroom.

The kitchen - I like this best because it seems like the brightest, sunniest part of the house. I feel happy looking at that kitchen, just like sunshine and daisies should!

The master bedroom - this took on more of a dark, rich brown colour scheme, as opposed to the brighter yellows and orange that permeate the rest of the house. (Yes, I know, you can see the roof. I kept looking for my ceiling toggle and then discovered it wasn't there, 'cause I was in Sims 3, not 2. Realized after my computer shut down my game in screaming protest that I probably could've put floor tiles above it... Oh well, live and learn for Foundation 2!)

The living room. Not much else to say on that one.

Now that I"m finished with this entry, I'm going to let my computer cry for a little while and then boot up Sims 2 to convert the plan for a little bit of fun building later! I have to de-stress from the learning curve and subsequent howls of "WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS CAMERA?!?!?!?!"
Forum Resident
#98 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart

I didn't see any mention of a limit of 1 entry. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't there. I had hoped to do 3. The first 1 that is almost done has no EP or SP content. I plan on doing another with only WA content and then a third one with WA and Ambitions.

Thank you for your time. :lovestruc

I'm pretty sure HP said in one post, either on this thread or the thread for Site News, that we're only allowed one entry per person. So, I'd stick to just one.
Test Subject
#99 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:22 AM
Default Entry 97% Glass
97% Glass is the perfect home for wealthy roommates, featuring 2 beadrooms, 2 bathrooms, formal office space, carport, a spacous living room, and backyard with pool. plus a fully updated kitchen

Front

Back

Floor Plan for First floor

Floor Plan for Second Floor

Carport

2nd floor Causeway

Office

Living Room

Kitchen

Dining Room

Bathroom

Backyard 2