Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:46 PM
Default Forcing Sims to leave the lot immediately?
I'm not sure where exactly I should be posting this, so I'm just gonna post it here.

I've been having some issues with NPCs behaving inappropriately on my Sims' lot, and I don't have a good way of getting rid of them. Non-NPC Sims can be shooed, and if you have DebugEnabler, forced to go home, but neither of these things work on NPCs. Now I've probably said this before, but I'm a long-time proponent of the hypothetical "Tell Sim to Fuck Off" interaction, and there's no doubt that I'd already have made it if I had any understanding of script modding.

So my question is, is there anything else I can do to make a Sim (and NPCs in particular) leave immediately?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Inventor
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:30 PM
Are you talking about currently active service sims ( maid , mail carrier etc) ? I'm not sure I've ever had a reason to try it on them while they are "on duty" on a home lot I'm playing , but Master Controller>Basic>Go home works on both service and role sims on home or community lots for me. I don't know that I've ever tried it on a service or role sim that was ostensibly working though, on either type of lot. I know it works on service or role sims that were invited over by phone , invited over as a friendly social interaction, invited over by MC>Basic>Invite over or asked to hang out . I can't recall if either the cheats or integration modules for MC are required for that.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 4:58 PM
In this specific instance it was about two paparazzis and a maid. I'll have a go at your suggestions, it sounds like they'll work.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#5 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 5:20 PM
I could lend you my sim Connor... Every time he manages to get to Romantic Interest with another sim they get engaged to someone else and he never sees them again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:50 PM
My Sims are both pretty much set as far as romance goes...the tricky part is keeping anyone unwanted out of it.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 9:08 PM
Tell me something new. Other than that you can tell certain NPCs to leave permanently, I didn't know that yet.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 7:30 PM
Depends on what you mean by permanently. You can kill them, which I suppose counts as permanent...

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 8:42 PM
I usually reset them. But I now find that keeping a cowplant on the lot is a funnier option.
Theorist
#10 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 2:30 PM
I think with NRAAS MC you can click on the ground of the lot and send everyone home. That worked on a commercial lot the last time I tried it. Or you can click on the sim, choose Basic>Go Home.

Use the Register mod to set paps to zero and to get rid of existing paps if you don't want them at all.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Alchemist
#11 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 7:09 PM
There's always "resetsim [Exact Name]".... I'd use that, or a fence around the entire property with the Electronic Safeguard Gate. It's not the most convenient of gates, but you won't miss the visitors you want, and it will keep the paparazzi out.
If you "fire" a maid, you can keep the maid service, but you'll get a new maid. (Dismiss just makes them leave, but they'll be back the next day.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:19 PM
I do have an Electronic Gate on my home lot, obviously, but I'm not gonna have it on some small vacation lot. Just doesn't look right.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I do have an Electronic Gate on my home lot, obviously, but I'm not gonna have it on some small vacation lot. Just doesn't look right.

Fair enough.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candyd
I usually reset them. But I now find that keeping a cowplant on the lot is a funnier option.

Cowplant is extremely helpful. Sure wish I could get one since I have Nightlife...and it's spawning a Pap that doesn't want to leave.
Instructor
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:10 PM
I would click on them with Master Controller>basic>Go Home - or Advanced>resetSim. Also that Register mod these people talk of is true.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikkeiSimmer
Cowplant is extremely helpful. Sure wish I could get one since I have Nightlife...and it's spawning a Pap that doesn't want to leave.

Not in the real world, it's not.

Oh and for the record, I've gone ahead and fired up the ole' Register. Problem's solved. Razzos have fucked off.

insert signature here