Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:56 PM
Default Alternative to twallans portrait panel?
Long story short, I'm using awesomemod to allow more than 8 sims in a house. My sim just gave birth to triplets, taking my total to 9 sims (and 5 cats, if that makes a difference).

Now her spouse is missing from the portrait panel, it just shows my founder, the 7 kids and the 5 cats. I can still select him by spacebar'ing through until i get to him, but I'd like him back on the portrait panel.

I googled it and found twallans portrait panel, but apparently it conflicts with awesomemod? Is this true? If it is, is there another mod that will make all the portraits appear again, or will I have to deal with spacebar'ing through?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 10:37 PM
It shouldn't conflict I've been using it w/ AwesomeMod for a long time.
Site Helper
#3 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:26 AM
Twallan was careful to make sure his mods played nicely with Awesome, and Pescado handled the one major conflict by having AM shut off the Awesome story driver if you have Twallan's Story progression in your game (on the theory that if it's there, you wanted to use it.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:50 AM
And this is why I always check with MTS; you guys know everything!
Just chucked it into my game, and surprise surprise, no conflict! Guess those other people were mistaken! Thankies peeps, now I don't have to constantly abuse my spacebar!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohthatsimschick
And this is why I always check with MTS; you guys know everything!
Just chucked it into my game, and surprise surprise, no conflict! Guess those other people were mistaken! Thankies peeps, now I don't have to constantly abuse my spacebar!

It used to conflict a year or two ago (or maybe more, I can't remember), because AwesomeMod used to include the same feature in a slightly different way. But then AwesomeMod changed, thanks to a patch, and Pescado decided that since Twallan had made a non-core mod for it then everyone could just use that - and there would be less in AM to check every time a patch appeared. So that's probably why you thought they wouldn't work together - someone found some out-of-date info.

Twallan, by the way, made a list on his site of how all of his mods work with Awesome. So if you're not sure, check that. The link is here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
It used to conflict a year or two ago (or maybe more, I can't remember), because AwesomeMod used to include the same feature in a slightly different way. But then AwesomeMod changed, thanks to a patch, and Pescado decided that since Twallan had made a non-core mod for it then everyone could just use that - and there would be less in AM to check every time a patch appeared. So that's probably why you thought they wouldn't work together - someone found some out-of-date info.

Twallan, by the way, made a list on his site of how all of his mods work with Awesome. So if you're not sure, check that. The link is here.

Ah, thanks! That's actually really helpful; I only have a very VERY basic understanding of how modding works (by basic I mean kindergarten level ) so that page is definitely useful!