Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:03 AM
Default Need serious help with Sims 3 Custom content that i installed VIA Launcher
I have been trying to figure out this stupid problem with my sims 3. I have installed so much custom content to my launcher that when i start my game it just goes black. I seriously need help it's driving me insane i have the biggest headache and all I get every were is the same links.... I don't know how to fix it now. I used Delphy Dashboard to try and fix things but it just would not work. I read something someone saying that they took out the files for there DCCACHE when installing custom content VIA Launcher to make faster and just put it back when you're done. I did that and nothing happened I put everything back and now I'm just sitting here with a black screen. I really would like the best solution I have read everything that you guys posted i don't know what to do anymore
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:59 PM
delphys dashboard only handles package files, so if you installed a lot via the launcher these files have to be => sims3packs. btw nonamena made some interesting background informations concerning the launcher and its use But Delphy made another program thats for sims3packs - where you talking about CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner ? did you check your files with it? everything ok?
your launcher issue: i thought i read somewhere that one shouldnt install too much CC as sims3pack via launcher cause the launcher can only show (UI) a predefined amount of content. maybe you installed to much? it is possible to make sims3packs into package files with Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter but you should read the sescription for the tool carefully. not every sims3packs should be converted that way!

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:07 PM
Couple more things I need to ask. Do I put the package files i just made from the multi-extractor into my downloads folder or were do I put them
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:08 PM
I have now have 5.1k packaged files that I got from sims3packs from using Delphy Extractor. When I use CUSTARD sims3pack cleaner i cannot press select all I really do not want to individually click 5 thousands items that will take sooo long is there another way to clean up packaged files?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by khonalol
Couple more things I need to ask. Do I put the package files i just made from the multi-extractor into my downloads folder or were do I put them

NO - package files go to the mods folder (few even into the overrides folder)

there is no need to hurry please. maybe you should take a look at these CC Basics + the Costum Content Section Overview first

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 2:10 AM
Ok well im merging like 5k of things right now im going to organize alot better next time i don't really know how long it has been taking almost 2 hours now i thingk i don't know
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
Before merging the packages, make sure to check them with Dashboard first. Just to make sure that you don't merge problematic package files.This is also explained in the links that shmovese provided. With Dashboard you can select a folder as location, so it will check all files in one go. But 5000+ files probably will take some time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 7:56 PM
it's really alot of work for CC
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 8:33 PM

I guess it is, but on the other hand, you are not dependnt on EA's store.

Anyway, after some experience with messing this up multiple times I learned :

- Try to avoid installing complete sims and go for the CC you want from them instead.
- When downloading new CC, don't immediately combine them. You will notice that you will not use many of the CC you download. Also some can be corrupt, or in the case of .packages SIms 2 packages (although it has been a while since I encountered that). Always scan for virusses and check .packages with Delphy's Dashboard Tool .
- Make different folders in the package folder to categorize your CC. Use this also for where you download your CC and combine packages (I do this roughly according to CAS categories).
- If combining packages, create a textfile that lists the contents. Keep hacks as seperate files.

This seems like a lot of work, but when you get the hang of it (especially keeping things organised). If I download new CC,this now takes less time then starting the game itself :p
Except when installing sims3pack CC, I also start the game without using the launcher.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:28 PM

yes. downloading cc goes fast. havig bad cc and needing to fix sims 3 is awefully timeconsuming! the better you organize your cc the more fun you will have with a game that actually works. and the methods mentioned above (scanning cc e.p.) are only timeconsuming the first few times. later when you only scan the few new files you want to install + if you get some practice its no big deal anymore.