Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 5:22 PM Last edited by treeag : 26th Sep 2011 at 5:43 PM.
Um actually I thought the site's pretty well-known, I find it hard to believe that no one else here seems to know about it Apparently it's not as well-known as I thought it was.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 7:09 PM
Same old Landover Baptist. The site is run by people trying to make christianity look ridiculous. Is the ad for "accept jesus and win a ps3" still there?

Here's their other site, btw.
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
The other one
#28 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
...and here I was all ready to believe that some Americans might really be that fucking nuts

Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
There were a lot of fake British people there too!

Probably but (from what I gather from the 2 threads I read and the wiki page somebody linked) the site is based mainly on some American christian groups. On the thread about the map of the world divided into races we're even labelled "Godless UK" or something like that. ...and to be fair, it is a known stereotype: we all have terrible teeth and talk like Hugh Grant while sipping our tea from a china cup and you guys are fat and/or religious nut-jobs with guns*

*That's a joke

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Theorist
#29 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphead
I'll have to say I was fooled at first. In my city where Westboro is, unfortunately, very active I have no problem at all believing that these could be very real views of some people. I'm glad to see it is a fake site, but it's a very disturbing one at that.

Yuck, they were going to protest a funeral in the area where 6 children burned to death in a fire. I'm glad that they didn't turn out. This is why I'm upset when people call all Muslims terrorists, there are plenty of Christian terrorists also (westburo, norway shooting, etc.) but certainly not all christians are terrorists.

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#30 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMul8rReviews
(Ugh! This is what I hate about religious discussion threads.. :/ I don't want to be rude, it's just insulting to read the judgmental replies.. )

I see where you're coming from.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#31 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 10:21 PM
If you call the burning of flesh and darkness with nothing but flames of heat at high temperatures.."warm".. then I guess you would be correct?

Yeah.. because trying to help people makes us freaks..

(Ugh! This is what I hate about religious discussion threads.. :/ I don't want to be rude, it's just insulting to read the judgmental replies.. )

Hold on a second here, I don't believe that the responses here have been against religious people in general. They're talking about the people that are exactly like those the site is parodying. Those who give religion a really bad name.

I honestly think that if people like that go to heaven, I'd just prefer to not have an afterlife.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:47 AM
Wow that's fake?
What a relief, if that was real, I honestly would of lost all of my faith in the intelligence of the human race.
The only sad thing is that there actually are some people that are this extreme, which is the reason why currently I am doubting weather we use only 30 percent of our brains, or less than 1 percent.

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:54 AM
another entertaining thing about minecraft, possibly one of THE most non violent games ever (besides killing zombies)
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Theorist
#34 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:11 AM
Quote:
The only sad thing is that there actually are some people that are this extreme, which is the reason why currently I am doubting weather we use only 30 percent of our brains, or less than 1 percent.

We use all of our brains... some just choose to use it more stupidly

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
#35 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:49 AM
Theorist
#36 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:54 AM
And atheists plus other groups don't get their knickers in a twist?

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#37 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:50 AM
If you call the burning of flesh and darkness with nothing but flames of heat at high temperatures.."warm".. then I guess you would be correct?

Yeah.. because trying to help people makes us freaks..

Assuming. Well, you know.

Could it be that they are saying it in jest? Not everything is srs bzns.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 11:53 AM
Why is anyone here getting their knickers in a twist?! Unless anyone that has posted in this thread is a fundamentalist Christian then I think people are reading judgement about themselves in other people's replies that doesn't actually exist. As Elyasis says, "not everything is srs bzns."
Theorist
#39 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
People, it's a parody website, and pretty popular too. http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html Read the spoiler at the bottom.

So you're saying that, since the site is a parody, everything posted there is a joke that's not to be taken seriously?
Theorist
#40 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
So you're saying that, since the site is a parody, everything posted there is a joke that's not to be taken seriously?

Yep. Just ignore them.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 4:04 PM
Laughed so hard, I almost peed. Close minded people are the best...-_-
Alchemist
#42 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 5:19 PM
while i did think it was a troll job/parody/not serious thing after the first couple of lines of text that i read.............. it's about as funny as "bonsai kitten".

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:06 AM
Aww... it was funnier when I thought it was real.
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 3:37 AM
I saw that article.

I'm still laughing inside.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 3:20 PM
Good old landover baptists... A bunch of atheist and others that got together a lot of years ago.. and parody the fundamentalist baptist.. You can even hire them to come to your rally and entertain the crowd with how every one is going to hell in a handbasket..
Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Shhh : 1st Oct 2011 at 1:22 AM.
Sorry for long post!

Quote:
Now let's delve into the disgusting world of the "sims"

Can't stop laughing....

Quote:
Thus, the sims wants our children to be witches!

Hehehe. Evil us we want witch kids.

Quote:
Hypocrites , The Unforgiving , Homosexuals ,Fornicators ,The Wicked , The Covetous , The Malicious , The Envious , Murderers , The Deceitful, Backbiters , Haters of God, The Despiteful, The Proud, Boasters , Inventors of evil, Disobedient to parents, Covenant breakers, The Unmerciful, The Implacable, The Unrighteous , Idolaters, Adulterers, The Effeminate, Thieves, Drunkards, Reviler, Extortioners, The Fearful, The Unbelieving, The Abominable, Whoremongers, Sorcerers, All Liars.

We all must die Remember, God loves you, but if you do any of these things you burn and go to hell.Nice

Quote:
...women are not smart in the best of times...

Excuse me, >: (

Quote:
I had a "woman" moment. Dumb me.

That is really sexist.

I'm making an account Now I must go to hell.

(I'm called Shhhhh)

EDIT:

Quote:
Shhhhh, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to this reason:

Your user account may not have shown sufficient love for your Savior to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, lax in your tithing to Landover Baptist, access administrative features, spitting on Jesus as He hangs on the cross, or some other privileged system?

God must have told them

Going to try again.

Woohoo got in. Here is my post:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CREEPER
mormons. Go screw yourselves. Can't you realize how pathetic you are? Racists, sexists, homophobics... You praise God and Jesus, but aren't their teachings based on love? On accepting everyone, with their good sides and bad sides? You're saying that we, who play TS2 will go to hell, but will you, who hate on women, people of other races and homosexuals, go to Heaven? I think not.

I totally agree. You should all be damned to hell. Not us who are play a game where we get to PLAY with life. You are so serious that is is wrong. It is YOU who is wrong. YOU are being sexist. YOU are being racist. YOU are homophobics. Now I am a christian and I make a better one than you because I am not sexist, racist or a homophobic. If God comes to me and tells me it is wrong I STILL shall play cause what is life without enjoyment? Nothing!

Sims does not include rape or murder. It has slight cartoon violence and only when the Sims really don't like each other. They don't randomly walk into peoples houses and have sex. They are NOT sluts. All of those pictures were carefully planned.

I will leave you to dwell on this:

If we are

Hypocrites , The Unforgiving , Homosexuals ,Fornicators ,The Wicked , The Covetous , The Malicious , The Envious , Murderers , The Deceitful, Backbiters , Haters of God, The Despiteful, The Proud, Boasters , Inventors of evil, Disobedient to parents, Covenant breakers, The Unmerciful, The Implacable, The Unrighteous , Idolaters, Adulterers, The Effeminate, Thieves, Drunkards, Reviler, Extortioners, The Fearful, The Unbelieving, The Abominable, Whoremongers, Sorcerers or All Liars

we shall go to hell. That pretty much means ALL of us.

If God really loved us and cared about us, WHY would he send us to a place full of burning, torture and hell.

P.s Ban me if you want, I REALLY don't care. GO SIMS (Sims 3 is amazing!)
Now, if you are right, I shall die and go to hell.
Inventor
#47 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
Sorry for long post!

Just in case you missed the previous conversations here, the site is a fake; a parody of fundy's. So don't get too worked up.

Your post was good though.

"Goonies never say die."
Field Researcher
#48 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Shhh : 1st Oct 2011 at 1:38 AM.
Thanks, I'm really bad at telling what is fake and what isn't, but thankfully I wouldn't report it or anything, just troll :D

By the way I am called Danicey and am a 'Unsaved trash, Hateful eurotrash' and 'Under Investigation'
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 8:32 PM
I'm already in hell. :x

PM me with a request!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 8:53 PM
Like it ^
I'm really getting on their nerves. I have 2 warnings! I keep telling them we are Gods (of Sims). At the end of each warning they say:

All the best

Landover Babtist Church Forum.

I'm really enjoying it. .
Page 2 of 3