Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 6:27 PM
Help with Never-ending Saves
(Sorry if this is in wrong category be free to move it thank you)
I will save a new game once perfectly but after playing the game for a little while maybe 30 mins. I go to save because my sim got a degree and I didnt want to lose it. No testingcheatsenabled or any cheats been used a part from reset sim. I have a Geforce GTX 650 TI and a I5 processor with windows 7. My ram is fine and not full has been already checked. But it wont save. I left it for 3 hours while I went to school, called my dad to check it and it hadnt saved. This was around 15 minutes of gameplay before school.
My game is unplayable and since I have just started youtube for create a sims and lets plays. I will not be able to continue if this does not stop.

Also with the same specs why wont my pc play Sims 2. I prefer it to Sims 3 and have all expansions bought from previous computer. (or graphic card recommendations I'll post full specs if that is needed.)

Thank you. <3
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 8:49 PM
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to End Task in Task Manager and re-play your game. If you're lucky, it finished saving before it hung. If you're not lucky, you've lost that 15-minutes of gameplay.
This is something I'm pretty sure all Sims 3 players have experienced in the past. Just be glad it was just 15-minutes of gameplay you lost. I've lost 1-3 hours of gameplay from borkedness like this more times than I can remember.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 9:47 PM
As GnatGoSplat indicated you need to End Task in Task Manager. From past experience with this problem you will have lost your current game play. When you are out of the game make sure your CurrentGame.sim3 FOLDER is empty. If that folder is populated you will keep hanging up.

As far as why you can not play Sims 2 on your pc I would suggest you start a new thread and include a little more detail such as what happens when you try to install or play the game once installed. I have a pretty good computer but once I got Win 7 never could get the Sims 2 to work. However, there are many simmers out there playing Sims 2 on Win 7 and I bet one of them will be able to help you once they have a bit more detail. Good Luck
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 10:25 PM
Well.. just remember there is always worse

I had to buy a whole new computer to play sims due to my Acer Aspire windows 7 suddenly closing after 10 mins of gameplay.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:28 PM
Came here looking for an answer to the same problem PotterDr is having. When I save, the game takes 30 min - 60 mins. But it does save. It started after I patched to 1.63 (I always wait). I have not installed the two latest patches. And as barbarat suggested, I checked the CurrentGame.sim3 folder and it is empty. I will keep an eye on that folder. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melba 1496
Came here looking for an answer to the same problem PotterDr is having. When I save, the game takes 30 min - 60 mins. But it does save. It started after I patched to 1.63 (I always wait). I have not installed the two latest patches. And as barbarat suggested, I checked the CurrentGame.sim3 folder and it is empty. I will keep an eye on that folder. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

You might want to try using Save Cleaner by Kuree over at Simlogical. I believe you need to register to download. Here's the link: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1532.0.
Also, clear out Featured Items folder if you have not done so already.

As a side note: I've been patched to 1.67 Superpatch since it's release and have experienced no problems.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 5:58 PM
Have you applied Data Execution Prevention or DEP to your Sims 3 executables? I do it for every EP, SP, and the Launcher exe.

Links to explain:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...tion_Prevention

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Prevention/TS3W

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 9:05 PM
i had same problem that was happening cuz i use buydebug objects
i stop using it and i'm playing very good
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 10:47 PM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 9th Feb 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PotterDr
(Sorry if this is in wrong category be free to move it thank you)
I will save a new game once perfectly but after playing the game for a little while maybe 30 mins. I go to save because my sim got a degree and I didnt want to lose it. No testingcheatsenabled or any cheats been used a part from reset sim. I have a Geforce GTX 650 TI and a I5 processor with windows 7. My ram is fine and not full has been already checked. But it wont save. I left it for 3 hours while I went to school, called my dad to check it and it hadnt saved. This was around 15 minutes of gameplay before school.
My game is unplayable and since I have just started youtube for create a sims and lets plays. I will not be able to continue if this does not stop.

Also with the same specs why wont my pc play Sims 2. I prefer it to Sims 3 and have all expansions bought from previous computer. (or graphic card recommendations I'll post full specs if that is needed.)

Thank you. <3

I really hope you have more than 1 save. I make a new save everyday!

Quote: Originally posted by Aky30
i had same problem that was happening cuz i use buydebug objects
i stop using it and i'm playing very good

Pardon me, buydebug objects are by no mean the cause of your problems. Don't generalize because you are unsure. I am not claiming about every scenario, but stating simply the use of BuyDebug is causing problem is ... so misleading.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
I really hope you have more than 1 save. I make a new save everyday!

Pardon me, buydebug objects are by no mean the cause of your problems. Don't generalize because you are unsure. I am not claiming about every scenario, but stating simply the use of BuyDebug is causing problem is ... so misleading.

the buydebug was causing my problem i stop using buydebug and now everything is ok
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 5:09 PM
This happened to me this week when I saved and quit. Try saving, then quitting seperately.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Melba 1496 : 10th Feb 2014 at 11:41 PM.
Barbarat: I have not tried save cleaner. I will check it out. Thank you for the link.

Lewsb40: DEP looks like it will take a little more work to understand. I will read it. Thank you for the link.

Aky30: I am not using buydebug objects, so I don't believe that's my problem. But thanks for the suggestion.

AmandieLove. I have tried save, save as, save then quit and save and quit. All are very long.

Thanks, everyone. Really appreciate you all taking the time to try and help. I will check out those links and go from there.

Just wanted to follow-up. Tried save cleaner. Very simple to use (even for a technically challenged individual like me). But it still took 55 min to save the game. Will check out DEP next.
Second edit: I'm afraid I have to agree with Selphiesk. I just tried a different world and it saved in less than 5 minutes. So I think it was the world I was playing. It doesn't show .bad in the saves, but something is amiss. Hope all this helps someone in the future. Positive note: I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall all EPs.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 6:42 PM
The same thing happened to me 3 times in a row and caused me to uninstall the game and all EP out of frustration. Before that, one of my Sims portraits stopped showing so I believe something was corrupted somewhere.
I have no solution to provide, unfortunately.
Locked thread