Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:21 PM Last edited by jessouilleauclair : 18th Sep 2006 at 5:02 PM. Reason: works in other sessons!!!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default flashing red walls!
After installing Family Fun Stuff all the walls in the game became red even in the creating sims mode ( very agressive to the eyes )
I tried installing the patch, but didn't work!

What should I do?

Thank you in advance

RE . I found out that in other sessons the games runs properly!
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:54 PM
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=238 Odds are your card (probably an integrated chipset) is no longer supported.

Either
1)uninstall FFS and restore your backup data or
2) buy a new stand alone video card that meets the requirements.

I wish there were other options. You could try to update the drivers, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:37 AM
What are your systems specs? Graphics card, RAM, Processor type/speed? Please see this FAQ for instruction on how to get that information.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:17 PM
here are my specs, Thank you

==System==
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Édition familiale (5.1, Généner 2600)
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3300+, MMX, 3dNow, 2.2Ghz
Memory: 448 MB RAM
Page File: 246 MO used, 808 MO available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Dell Model Number:

==Display==

Name: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP
Manufacturer: VIA/S3G
Chip Type: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP
Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB

Main Driver: vtdisp.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.0212 (English)

==Sound==

Name: Realtek AC97 Audio
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 1:29 PM
It looks like you need to upgrade your video card. As you can see from the system requirements, you need one of these chipsets for your video card:

ATI Radeon 8500 or greater;
NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater;
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 4:21 PM
I found out that in other sessions the game runs properly is there a reason!?
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 6:14 PM
What do you mean by other 'sessions'? If you mean it runs fine without FFS installed, then this is normal because the graphics requirements were increased with that SP.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 12:04 AM
i mean, in windows xp if i play in my sister session it works fine!
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 2:16 AM
Is there any custom content when you play the game in your sisters account? Also, if you have any background tasks running like anti-virus programs because your computer doesn't have enough memory you'll have graphics problems.