Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#17251 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:33 PM
Sounds good. Would Three Lakes or Twikki Island terrain work?

Prince Avalanche
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17252 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
You realize there's no land at the North Pole, right?

Any terrain will do for an Arctic/Antarctic environment as long as all the seasons are set to winter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#17253 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Yeah and thanks.

Prince Avalanche
Mad Poster
#17254 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:36 PM
More of a storyline question than a gameplay question, strictly speaking... but still pretty random, and it doesn't need a full thread! Essentially, I need a business for my X-Men household's Professor X to run, so that he can get some of the business perks that would fit well with his particular brand of superpowers... and I can't come up with a business that seems fitting! So, my question is this-

-What kind of OFB Sim business would you imagine Professor X managing?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#17255 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
More of a storyline question than a gameplay question, strictly speaking... but still pretty random, and it doesn't need a full thread! Essentially, I need a business for my X-Men household's Professor X to run, so that he can get some of the business perks that would fit well with his particular brand of superpowers... and I can't come up with a business that seems fitting! So, my question is this-

-What kind of OFB Sim business would you imagine Professor X managing?

Something with technology, electronics, Servos. He would employ one or two people ... perhaps young protegees living under his roof. (Move in/adopt). His main task would be selling the products to the customers.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#17256 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:46 PM
I'd thought of electronics, but I can't figure out how to make that work, at least in a Sim-Universe where Servos are my version of Sentinels! I've got my family of eight "mutants" (read: different life states or abilities) already moved into the X-Mansion I uploaded a few months back, I really just need to find a business that I can play long enough to earn Xavier the business rewards I want, and then pretty much ignore, but still have be somewhat fitting... I'm leaning towards a museum or a library, but I'm not wild about that idea...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#17257 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
I would point out that, since the point is to get him the perks, the important thing is to have something that rises in stars quickly. So, the things that cost stars are slow service and mess; the things that gain stars are positive interactions with staff, especially dazzle sales and "May I help you?"

A ticket venue museum is a good idea if he's going to run it alone, as Charles could concentrate on his salesmanship and get the "dazzle" down. The turnover for venues can be quite low, though, which slows the stars down in the early days.

If you can use other X-men for free labor, however, you can run a sales venue up pretty fast by having Charles work the sales floor (particularly pouncing on the people doing the "lost shopper" dance), a student work the register, and another student operating as a floater - restocking, taking over the other two jobs when the regulars need to run to the bathroom, cooking, cleaning, alleviating backlogs at the register by distracting people waiting in line, and occasionally catching a May I Help You opportunity that pops up when Charles is in the middle of helping someone else or schmoozing the business reporter.

Charles should have a good high charisma before opening the business, as it affects the effectiveness of the sales pitch.

As for what he should sell at such a business - computers, art, educational (hobby) items, and books are all things Charles would be competent to sell. Set everything to "ridiculously cheap" and he'll do a brisk business while losing money.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#17258 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You realize there's no land at the North Pole, right?

I think an expedition involving a submarine proved that there was no land at the north pole. Quite a number of submarines sail under the ice and pop out right at the north pole, and it's pretty evident that there's no land there. It's impossible to build a true permanent scientific base there, as well as it being impossible for Santa and his workshop to be constructed there without the old man needing to install lifeboats in his house.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17259 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:34 AM
A weird thing just happened and since I just put on Chris Hatch's second honeymoon mod right before playing I will chalk it up to that.

I just had a married sim propose engagement to another sim. I made her selectable to check and it was propose engagement and the sim in question she didn't even know, just a 5/0 relationship score.

Does anyone else use his second honeymoon mod? Is this a side effect? Sims go around proposing to anyone? She now has a rejected for engagement memory, but how can a married sim propose engagement anyway! I guess I will have to exit the game, pull the mod and open SimPE now. *sigh*

Okay so I quit without saving, what a nuisance.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17260 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:29 PM
I've had the mod for a while and noone has gone around proposing engagement to people they don't know in my hood. Might just be a coincidence.

Btw, where did you get her hair and dress from? They're cool.
Mad Poster
#17261 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:01 PM
@joandsarah77 You don't by chance have the beer keg/drinking mod in your game for it is the only mod I know of that will cause this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17262 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:41 PM
There are two different drinking keg/barrels at that inn. So maybe it was a co-incidence that I put the honeymoon mod in on the day this happened. So maybe she drank too much? Lol that makes it more amusing especially seeing she is the Queen. Just as well they don't have beheadings or she might have ended up like Ann Boleyn. It's late here now I will find the name and post it tomorrow.
Does that keg by chance make sims want to attack other sims? They also have a keg at the palace and at the prince's birthday party she had 'attack' in her queue. I canceled it thinking weird but forgot about it until now. They use that keg like the pineapple one in game, I've seen them crush a cup to their forehead and vomit on the floor.

Charity I will see if I can find the dress and hair tomorrow.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17263 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM
Oh, yeah, definitely the beer keg; and there's a beer custom food with the same affect. If you need somebody to act erratic, or want to model an abusive relationship, the beer keg/custom food is the mod for you! But for heaven's sake don't put it out unless you're prepared for mayhem. That attack option will lead lovers with 100/100 to hit each other. and not in the good way.

Mad Poster
#17264 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
Where does one obtain this beer keg from? Not that I intend to inflict craziness on my sims or anything. *whistles*
Mad Poster
#17266 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:05 PM
The one I've got (and don't use; I keep it in case of need and because it's bad to delete custom food) is a shiny modern metal keg. I'm pretty sure I got it here at MTS. It's an older download.

Mad Poster
#17267 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:56 PM Last edited by gazania : 27th Sep 2014 at 9:08 PM.
i have two types of beer mods: the keg here and the one at Pandora. I admit to preferring the keg here, even though it's not terribly autonomous. (Some Sims will drink on their own once in a while, but most won't.)

If the modder used the same coding as the Pandora six-pack or any of the treats (dispenser, bowls), yes ... Sims can propose simultaneously (I've had that happen a couple of times, and had to quit without saving) or they pick fights for no reason. The six-pack and dispenser have become so annoying that when I reinstall in December/January to see if I can get my Happy Holidays to work properly again, I think I'll get rid of at least one of these mods; maybe even both.

EDIT ... With the Pandora mod, I've even seen adults proposing to teens once in a while ... and the teens accepting. Err .... no. Another reason why I'm considering getting rid of these mods.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17268 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:09 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 27th Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM.

So if it's that I will have to be more careful, remove it from the palace and only keep it at the inn and ban all the upper class ladies. I had been thinking of banning her before this, as no way the queen would be drinking at a seedy place like that. I might still allow the upper class men. I knew they could go a bit crazy and run around naked, but the engagement leaves a memory. I doubt the bat box could remove it either.

@Charity I don't know where the dress came from probably Plumb Bob Keep, it's part of a set. The hair though is a default of F Hair Wedding Tiara and it's Peggy 8028
.. found it http://antkasdefaults.tumblr.com/po...this-hair-tf-ef
Here is a non default version http://snapun.livejournal.com/83863.html

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17269 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:17 AM
Thanks (again. I seem to be following you round lately saying, ooh that looks nice; where did you get it XD).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17270 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
I noticed. I'm not always very good at knowing where my content comes from, having so much of it. But most of my medieval downloads, apart from hair, come from Plumb Bob Keep, MTS , The Medieval Smithy, Affinity Sims and NixSims.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17271 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:32 AM
I know all of those except the Medieval Smithy. Plumbbob Keep always has some nice stuff.
Mad Poster
#17272 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:14 AM
Do clothing recolors have a guid or similar kind of mechanic? Meaning, can two clothing recolors conflict with each other and make the other not appear? Not defaults for maxis outfits, but just generic custom outfits.

The reason I ask is that I get the impression that they can, because new outfits suddenly show up in a category I just cleaned when I double check nothing got left behind.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17273 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 12:24 AM
@Charity I was just in Body Shop getting rid of some extra recolours and I had a look at that dress set. It came up that it is by Cynnix lacednun-brocade. I don't know if that will help, maybe looking up Cynnix might.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17274 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Charity I was just in Body Shop getting rid of some extra recolours and I had a look at that dress set. It came up that it is by Cynnix lacednun-brocade. I don't know if that will help, maybe looking up Cynnix might.

Thanks. Turns out that I do have Cynnix' original nun gowns, just not the recolour.
Instructor
#17275 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:22 AM
What thumbnails do i delete when i have just downloaded a heap of default hair and clothes replacements so they show up in cas?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 691 of 1000