Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:05 AM
Default Sims 3 crashing after 10 minutes
Hi everyone,

I have always played a lot of sims 3 before on all kind of PCs and did not experience this problem until now. I have a new PC with nvidia gtx970 and sims 3 keeps crashing after about 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay. I get the message that sims 3 stopped working. I capped the fps to 60 and hoped that would solve it but it didnt help. I have the same mods as I always used before, they are all clean and checked. Help? I cant play the game like this anymore... I dont know if it has to do with my new graphics card, or maybe windows 10? But sims 3 is not liking something I didnt had before...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:25 PM
Since you have a new computer, I assume you had to reinstall the game. Is this true and if it is, did you happen to change patch version? Also, have you tested the game without CC and mods? Did you go through the Crashing Checklist?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...shing_Checklist

I don't think W10 is the cause, since Sims 3 - generally - works fine with it, at least for me.