Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 10:47 PM
Default nraas - MasterController issue with looking up sims names
After finaly fixing my internet I was able to log back on Origin and continue playing. I still have to watch what amount of memory I use but whatever I'm back

while using nraas - MasterController to invite sims over to my house I have found a few sims names don't appear in the menus of sims I can invite over. I organize the list of sims lots of ways, by age, by gender, by whatever other options the menu had... and some time it works. but some times a sim comes to my house and starts a sculpture or begins a relationship with my sim and there name doesn't show on the lists of sims I can choose from when I'm interacting with sims threw the cheats. its not a major issue just a baffling one. I don't know if some sims are on different lists or if they don't have house, if they died but they just don't appear on the household - invite over list. Some times my sim can call them too but some times even my sims phone doesn't have certain names. some times a sim's name even appears on the phone list under call to chat but not call to invite over. Just wondering any thoughts?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 12:28 AM
You might try clicking on City Hall or an in-game computer to get a more complete list of sims to do MC > Sim > Basic > Invite Over on, and be sure to hit X to dismiss the filter that pops up. If you click on the active sim or their lot instead, or use one of the filters, you might not be getting everyone who is eligible to be invited over.

If you want to see if the sim in question is homeless or has their own household, try on City Hall or an in-game computer NRaas > MC > Sim > Status > Household, and again X to dismiss the filter.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You might try clicking on City Hall or an in-game computer to get a more complete list of sims to do MC > Sim > Basic > Invite Over on, and be sure to hit X to dismiss the filter that pops up. If you click on the active sim or their lot instead, or use one of the filters, you might not be getting everyone who is eligible to be invited over.

If you want to see if the sim in question is homeless or has their own household, try on City Hall or an in-game computer NRaas > MC > Sim > Status > Household, and again X to dismiss the filter.

I learned a few things of note

if you use "invite over" or any choice then hit the check mark without choosing a category you can invite over ALL possible sims or at least many more then before.

Logging in to orign is needed for just running the game there is no way to not go threw them currently but being logged in was also keeping me from fully loading stuff so I have to log in, load it up and log off then load the town.

having a house of more then 8 sims was also lagging stuff and town wide story progression was also taxing the game. its best to save the family to the liberty and restart the town.

CC is never the issue in fact removing it only adds to problems.
Site Helper
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 6:27 PM
If having more than 8 sims in a household, and having townwide story progression are both taxing the game, I assume you are also being very careful about NOT accidentally inviting 30 sims over?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook