Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 12:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Deformed Sim! Help!
Hey guys so I had not played since last friday and everything was fine until I logged on today and this happened: HIS LEGS, ARMS AND NECK ARE WEIRD

He looked like this before:

I'm not sure but I think I have a height mod
-I have NRAAS
-Story Progression

I did not download any new content, and I tried aging him or editing him as you can see above but it doesn't change anything!
I've tried going into my other stories and they have worked fine! No glitch! Just this story it seems which sucks because I spent so much time on it!
Any advice or help?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 1:42 AM
I dunno... I think he looks better now... ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 1:42 AM
Please can someone help me I really want to fix this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
I dunno... I think he looks better now... ^^

Do you notice the weird bent legs? That's him now and maybe in the screenshot it doesn't look so bad but this is actually not very funny because now some of my sims in the game are also like that and I don't know what caused it or how to fix it...
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Utahu
Do you notice the weird bent legs? That's him now and maybe in the screenshot it doesn't look so bad but this is actually not very funny because now some of my sims in the game are also like that and I don't know what caused it or how to fix it...

Oh comeon, it isn't that bad! He's just practicing his chicken walk!
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:15 AM
This seems a little bit like what I'm dealing with in one of my games. I'm still working on figuring out what's causing it. Have you installed any new mods or CC?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:41 AM
This is most likely caused by bad cc. Here is Crinrict's tutorial on finding it and getting rid of it: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc Good luck.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Forum Resident
#8 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 5:47 AM
It also looks like custom sliders gone awry.... Don't know what would cause your character to randomly change their slider settings though...
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 6:58 AM
You could try the different steps proposed to orose in this thread (reset the sim with Nraas MasterController, clear your caches, remove all your CC, try a clean game)

But you say you have a Height slider? Which one are you using?
You could try to remove that Height slider, delete your caches, and take that sim back in CAS and try to slightly change him to revert his height to default.
Site Helper
#10 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:06 PM
It might also help if you picked either your thread here or your thread at http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587833 and delete the other one. You might have noticed that you aren't getting much advice from one that you aren't finding in the other one. The consensus in both threads is that it looks like a problem with a slider that went wonky.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
This seems a little bit like what I'm dealing with in one of my games. I'm still working on figuring out what's causing it. Have you installed any new mods or CC?

No I haven't downloaded or touched any CC! And the weirdest part is, I tried going on my other stories to see if my sims that look just like him are glitched too and they weren't so its only that story! And yesterday I tried deciding to go on the orginal story one last time to see if moving my family would fix it but as soon as I logged in, he was no longer glitched! I'm not sure what I did or how the problem got fixed! But today, I did the same thing as yesterday (log on my game, go to my other story, go back on my original story..) and he was glitched again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
You could try the different steps proposed to orose in this thread (reset the sim with Nraas MasterController, clear your caches, remove all your CC, try a clean game)

But you say you have a Height slider? Which one are you using?
You could try to remove that Height slider, delete your caches, and take that sim back in CAS and try to slightly change him to revert his height to default.

I'm not sure which one...because I'm almost positive it came with a sim I downloaded! I tried going on my other stories to see if my sims that look just like him are glitched too and they weren't so its only that story! And yesterday I tried deciding to go on the orginal story one last time to see if moving my family would fix it but as soon as I logged in, he was no longer glitched! I'm not sure what I did or how the problem got fixed! But today, I did the same thing as yesterday (log on my game, go to my other story, go back on my original story..) and he was glitched again!
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:52 PM
Do you still have links to the sims you have recently installed?
I generally include sims in the category of CC, because unless you're cleaning every Sims3Pack you download, it's very likely there's some custom content attached to them.
Site Helper
#14 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 12:35 AM
"Story"

Does this mean you are using poses?

I have no idea why or how a pose that you are not using would be affecting a sim, but poses can stretch sims out of shape. (Mostly noticed if you use a pose from the wrong age category, but the possibility is always there if you really want to get grotesque.) If the problem isn't due to a height slider, you might want to check through the poses.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 4:50 AM
Do you still have links to the sims you have recently installed?
I generally include sims in the category of CC, because unless you're cleaning every Sims3Pack you download, it's very likely there's some custom content attached to them.

I installed them about a year ago and never had a problem with them :/ So I'm not sure if thats the problem!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
"Story"

Does this mean you are using poses?

I have no idea why or how a pose that you are not using would be affecting a sim, but poses can stretch sims out of shape. (Mostly noticed if you use a pose from the wrong age category, but the possibility is always there if you really want to get grotesque.) If the problem isn't due to a height slider, you might want to check through the poses.

No by story I mean like having different storylines! Like when u select a town and start over again!
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 10:22 AM
It happens that glitches get a bit random. From game session to game session, they may not appear to be there anymore and suddenly, you see them again.
And I'm still thinking about maybe an Height slider being responsible, because it made me think of what some people encountered when using this height slider, with it working fine and then suddenly, they had sims with bendy knees. Maybe it was due to a patch update.

And apart from going in to another save, what have you tried so far?
If we go and take the faulty slider route, did you try to remove your downloaded sims and get back your glitchy sim in CAS, after deleting your caches?
Or you could save your household with the glitchy sim in and run a clean game with this family, as nitromon suggested in the thread I linked in a previous post.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
It happens that glitches get a bit random. From game session to game session, they may not appear to be there anymore and suddenly, you see them again.
And I'm still thinking about maybe an Height slider being responsible, because it made me think of what some people encountered when using this height slider, with it working fine and then suddenly, they had sims with bendy knees. Maybe it was due to a patch update.

And apart from going in to another save, what have you tried so far?
If we go and take the faulty slider route, did you try to remove your downloaded sims and get back your glitchy sim in CAS, after deleting your caches?
Or you could save your household with the glitchy sim in and run a clean game with this family, as nitromon suggested in the thread I linked in a previous post.

So I the problem is, I have many sims with the sliders, but I think one sim caused the sliders to download! But I've never had a problem with it before...And I tried clearling my cashes, saving my sim family and running a clean new story and unfortunately he was still glitchy!
Instructor
#19 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Utahu
So I the problem is, I have many sims with the sliders, but I think one sim caused the sliders to download! But I've never had a problem with it before...And I tried clearling my cashes, saving my sim family and running a clean new story and unfortunately he was still glitchy!

This is a question I have also, is it possible for sliders to download with a sim? I was under the impression this is not possible because they're .package files, but the issue I'm having which seems very similar to yours almost looks like a slider gone awry. I haven't had time to test with a clean install folder yet, have you tried this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 8:11 PM
This is a question I have also, is it possible for sliders to download with a sim? I was under the impression this is not possible because they're .package files, but the issue I'm having which seems very similar to yours almost looks like a slider gone awry. I haven't had time to test with a clean install folder yet, have you tried this?

No I haven't what I found tho was the Sim Height Slider was the one causing the problem! So unfortunately for my sim to look "normal again" he has to look significantly shorter than before!
Instructor
#21 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 1:47 AM
Do you happen to remember who designed that sim height slider? I only have one, by CMarNYC (I think) and I've used it on dozens of other sims with no problem, so I doubt that's the issue...

Anyway, I'm really glad you found a fix!