Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Tartan McBadgerface
#276 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by viviansimmer
The height slider isn't working for me! I have tried using the command both in Live Mode and CAS. In CAS I get the message "Unable to execute command" when I enter it. In Live Mode I don't get any message, and my sim's height doesn't change at all! My sim is one I've had before installing the mod, so I wonder if it'll work when I create a new sim? Or am I using the wrong command? I have script mods on. I have some other mods in my game: 4 Columns in CAS, Zerbu's turbo careers, Zerbu's venue changer, and MC Command Center. Could that be causing a problem?

Do you have "testing cheats on" applied? I might be wrong, but I'm sure I had to do that to get it to work.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
Do you have "testing cheats on" applied? I might be wrong, but I'm sure I had to do that to get it to work.

Yes, I know they were on because I have my setting in MC Command Center so that testingcheats is always on.
Test Subject
#278 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:26 PM Last edited by vectorplexus : 25th Mar 2017 at 4:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by viviansimmer
The height slider isn't working for me! I have tried using the command both in Live Mode and CAS. In CAS I get the message "Unable to execute command" when I enter it. In Live Mode I don't get any message, and my sim's height doesn't change at all! My sim is one I've had before installing the mod, so I wonder if it'll work when I create a new sim? Or am I using the wrong command? I have script mods on. I have some other mods in my game: 4 Columns in CAS, Zerbu's turbo careers, Zerbu's venue changer, and MC Command Center. Could that be causing a problem?

Just making a post to avoid misleading ppl. As of today, with a fully patched game, this mod still works, you can set the hands, bulge, neck and height. I can't say it works as Morphar as pointed out, on genetics, toddlers or aging, but thats irrelevant to me, it works fine for my purposes. Only one that is "flawed" is the bulge one, which looks bad and renders it unusable IMO (I suspect the mod author has created that slider in an "unused" bone, and the meshes are not really rigged for that purpose, and most likely has a very low density in that zone).

With that said, for those who are having trouble in making the changes, here are some example commands:

Start by opening the console command-line with CTRL+SHIFT+C, in live mode, and then type (these will work for the selected Sim only, in LIVE MODE, and ITS CASE-SENSITIVE!):
add_slider hand 100
add_slider height 50
add_slider bulge 25
add_slider neck -50

If you want to change any other Sim, you need to get his ID by using first:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name (first name) (last name)

For example:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name Travis Scott
Which will return a number:

Then if you want to change Travis Scott height, all you need to do is:
add_slider height 50 882147943886073367
Test Subject
#279 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 2:51 PM
Is it possible for you to create a tutorial on how to create custom sliders, please?
Test Subject
#280 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 10:21 AM
I love this mod a lot. But is it possible to remove the automatic increase of height? I only want to decide the height of certain Sim and keep it that way, not to have a gradual increase for every Sim or to have the NPCs with different heights.

Also I think the bulge slider is kinda unnecessary, mainly because the resulting bulge looks kinda triangular (unrealistic)
Test Subject
#281 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rochelimit
I love this mod a lot. But is it possible to remove the automatic increase of height? I only want to decide the height of certain Sim and keep it that way, not to have a gradual increase for every Sim or to have the NPCs with different heights.

Also I think the bulge slider is kinda unnecessary, mainly because the resulting bulge looks kinda triangular (unrealistic)

The downloads on the first page has a static height slider, it doesnt change, I personally don't use any height slider because:
1. If two sims of different height do some interactive animation (like kissing) you will probably have one of them kissing the other's nose, which is kinda silly. You may offset this problem, if you play around with both height and neck sliders to minimize the issue, but ultimately they will be around the same height. The only difference is that one will be overall a bit bigger (I believe that the height slider is scaling the "root" bone in all 3 axis, X,Y,Z)
2. Sims that have had their Height changed, will have animation problems with toddlers, having their arms all screwed up, and the toddler floating several meters away from where they should be.

Yeah the bulge slider is kinda meh, but thats limited to the mesh density in that area, it's not really the slider problem.
Test Subject
#282 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:27 AM
Default question
Quote: Originally posted by vectorplexus
The downloads on the first page has a static height slider, it doesnt change, I personally don't use any height slider because:
1. If two sims of different height do some interactive animation (like kissing) you will probably have one of them kissing the other's nose, which is kinda silly. You may offset this problem, if you play around with both height and neck sliders to minimize the issue, but ultimately they will be around the same height. The only difference is that one will be overall a bit bigger (I believe that the height slider is scaling the "root" bone in all 3 axis, X,Y,Z)
2. Sims that have had their Height changed, will have animation problems with toddlers, having their arms all screwed up, and the toddler floating several meters away from where they should be.

Yeah the bulge slider is kinda meh, but thats limited to the mesh density in that area, it's not really the slider problem.

Hi i am sure some one probably already covered this..but can this slider be used with the old slider that allowed us to customize the height in CAS? This current version does not allow us to that..I do not really understand how to use it..I will try to reread it over and over again i guess until i get it..lol..i have been off of the game for awhile and i am not as savvy as some of you. I need mc command correct..? or just the regular cheat? Lastly This last post I am reading..in your game have you fixed the problem with kissing by playing around with your height and neck slider? If so what setting are you using? Please bear with me..especially if these questions have been answered.. I appreciate your time..
Mad Poster
#283 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:17 PM
You do not need MC command for these sliders to work.
The ones that function outside of CAS are applied to Sims by using the cheat console.
You open the cheat box with CTRL SHIFT C and then type in the commands that are given in the first post.
"Enter 'add_slider <command> <number>', with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise."
So if I want to make my Sim taller I would have them selected, open the cheat box and then type "add_slider Height 50" without quotes.
If it works you should see the change immediately.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#284 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:47 AM
thank you..so nooo not in cas..
Test Subject
#285 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:34 AM
Hey when my young adults pick up their toddlers their arms glitch please help!!!!
Test Subject
#286 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:53 AM
When my sims pick up their toddlers when they have been given a height it glitches please help!!!!
Forum Resident
#287 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:16 AM
This mod does not work with toddlers. It's OK for everything else. It needs to be updated to work with toddlers.
Test Subject
#288 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:36 PM Last edited by vectorplexus : 26th Mar 2017 at 2:27 PM.
Default Toddlers Fix
I usually don't meddle on other ppls mods, but this was a fairly simple task. All credits go to SimmyTheSim ofc, this is a semi-fix for toddlers

I did not do any extensive testing, I basically picked a toddler and it was ok =P

EDIT: Didn't tested the Dynamic,but I did the same edits, so it should work. One thing though, the dynamic version has one of the sliders with twice the value (I assume is doing so in Teens and Children to have their height set to the lowest. Because of this, their legs might look longer than the normal slider
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Sliders Toddler Fix.zip (825 Bytes, 227 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix.zip (2.3 KB, 149 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#289 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 6:39 PM
I usually don't meddle on other ppls mods, but this was a fairly simple task. All credits go to SimmyTheSim ofc, this is a semi-fix for toddlers

I did not do any extensive testing, I basically picked a toddler and it was ok =P

Wow, thanks! Is there any possibility that you could fix it for the gradual height slider too?
Test Subject
#290 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiegr1982
Wow, thanks! Is there any possibility that you could fix it for the gradual height slider too?

Maybe tomorrow I'll have a look at it.
Test Subject
#291 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:25 PM
Maybe tomorrow I'll have a look at it.

That would be great, thanks!
Instructor
#292 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:01 AM

The height value 0 to 100 is the same height.
Test Subject
#293 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
The height value 0 to 100 is the same height.

Yes and no... Like I said this was a semi-fix... let me clarify...

WHat is causing the "bug" is that usually if you would want to increase the height of an entire character (no matter the game) you would apply it to the root bone. This is what is causing the bug. What I did was scale it up on the Spine0 bone, so it doesnt get as higher, but it gets... I can maybe increase the slider range, but the more I do that, the more unproportionated the torso and legs ratio will be.

I tried several other things to try to scale legs, but the feet always "snap" to the Root Bone origin

However, I can assure you that it does increase the overall height.
Field Researcher
#294 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:54 PM

I just had to drop by and just say THANK YOU! SO MUCH! I check back on this thread often hoping to see it updated and am just delighted. It's working great in my game so far and I'm very happy. Have the toddler fling arms was really immersion breaking. Thank you again!
Test Subject
#295 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiegr1982
That would be great, thanks!

There you go, I attached to the same post to keep it clean

Quote: Originally posted by gretchenw1976
Hi i am sure some one probably already covered this..but can this slider be used with the old slider that allowed us to customize the height in CAS? This current version does not allow us to that..I do not really understand how to use it..I will try to reread it over and over again i guess until i get it..lol..i have been off of the game for awhile and i am not as savvy as some of you. I need mc command correct..? or just the regular cheat? Lastly This last post I am reading..in your game have you fixed the problem with kissing by playing around with your height and neck slider? If so what setting are you using? Please bear with me..especially if these questions have been answered.. I appreciate your time..

I totally missed this post so I'll try to clarify. The CAS Slider thing was done by sacrificing one of the slider slots (FEET). Because I do like to have the ability to have bigger or smaller feet, I did not checked or used that version. While its possible to add additional sliders, it would require for us to "reset" all the existing ones, to give room for more, which is a task that can be complicated and is more bound to break with any patch/update. I rather have a command that I can use whenever in live mode, its not that hard =)
Test Subject
#296 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 4:29 PM
There you go, I attached to the same post to keep it clean

Thank you so much! I really missed having this in my game!
Mad Poster
#297 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:56 PM
Wonderful stuff! I will have to try out this newer version in my game the next time I play. I was sad to remove the old version once the patch broke it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#298 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 6:57 PM
What's the difference between the two downloads? Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out what dynamic means in this context and translating it into my native language doesn't help.
Test Subject
#299 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
What's the difference between the two downloads? Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out what dynamic means in this context and translating it into my native language doesn't help.

You should check the first post on this thread, but in essence, the dynamic slider will cause your children and teens to grow as they age, I guess it's a "passive slider"
Forum Resident
#300 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 8:04 PM
You should check the first post on this thread, but in essence, the dynamic slider will cause your children and teens to grow as they age, I guess it's a "passive slider"

Oh thanks.
Page 12 of 44