Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 7:36 PM
My ticket machines always go near the mailbox, else I'm apt to forget to switch it on. (The sneak-in rate when that happens is 100%). I think I've had Sims go in without paying, but they always left, bored, after a bit unless they were given a waiver by the household. More often, they at least try the machine first and perhaps decide not to buy, go in anyway, get bored quickly and go home. A couple of dates went badly wrong by forgetting to waiver the date, and then getting annoyed by being charged $5 an hour or whatever to visit their date's house.

The "Construction" sign happens to me if I buy a ticket machine for a house with no home business in existence.. ...though I never knew the sign could be used as decoration, Tleilaxu3.

Also, I've never had a possessed ticket machine. Just to make that point clear.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 9:28 PM
My sim's business is a community lot she purchased herself. Btw, she has plenty of cash through the "familyfunds ___ 9,000,000" cheat--- just wanted her to run a successful business.

When she first set up her hot tubs, restrooms, drink/snack machines, pool table, and 3 gaming tables -- she then bought the ticket machine.

No, she does not have a home business -- since her owned community lot IS her business/store.

The 'construction' sign that popped up is interesting -- wish I'd saved it for a little deco plaque .
So much in this game i'm still discovering !

So, her business is now level 9 (yay) ; and she STILL cannot click the ticket machine and set it to 1 or 2 hundred simoleans -- since everyone leaves, then. Has to keep it 'cheap'.
She hired a townie and promoted him to manager so she could go home ; but when she left--- she chased everyone out of her comm. lot. So I had her call her business after she returned home, and her manager answered and said everything was fine.

Then I exited her lot, and went into another residential lot-- and had THEM go to the owned hot tub parlor.
Guess what ? Her 'manager' isn't really 'dazzling' anyone into the business -- he spends too much time 'tidying up'. (And I've used the Simblender to give him all the 'gold' business badges)
Hmmmm... might have to fire him and hire a different manager.

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 9:51 PM
You know how ghosts can make household items like lamps and vases levitate? Makes me wonder if a ghost on the lot of a home business could levitate a ticket machine. Then it would be possessed!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 11:58 PM
There's one of those "Under Construction" signs on the ticket machine in Liam and Aidan's "Anything Goes" nightclub in New Desconia. (Picture spoilered below.) It's my first (and so far only) bandatron venue, and, when I first put the machine in, I put it facing the wrong way, so, when the club opened, I soon had frustrated would-be customers unable to buy tickets. I went into Build/Buy mode to turn it round, but it was in use by the Sims trying to buy tickets, so I had to turn MoveObjects on to turn it round. When I turned it round, that sign appeared on it, and I haven't been able to remove it since. I'm pretty sure I can't detach the sign from the ticket machine. No one has been seen slipping in without paying. I have a problem of the owners not getting the revenue when I play other Sims visiting the club , but I think that is unrelated.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#30 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:43 AM
@ ieta_c. : No, alas, you cannot use it as a deco/picture on your wall --- it comes off with "moveobjects_on" , but when you try to place it in the sims' wall or whatever ... it disappears basically. Oh well.

" Inama Nushif "
Inventor
#31 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
The "Construction" sign happens to me if I buy a ticket machine for a house with no home business in existence.. ...though I never knew the sign could be used as decoration, Tleilaxu3.

The Under Construction sign also shows up if the ticket machine's on the community lot of a business without an owner. The 1-2-3+ Gym in Bluewater Village has a ticket machine. If no one has bought that lot and you send a Sim there, the ticket machine has the sign on it. If someone has bought the lot, then the sign will be gone (and depending on whether or not the owner fussed around with the ticket machine, your Sim might have to either buy a ticket or find another place to work out).

Once I finish putting Debbie Olshfski through college and get her to save up her Simoleons, she'll be opening her own little gym and getting visitors to join her Tai Chi classes. It'll have a ticket machine, of course; she couldn't charge people to do Tai Chi with her otherwise.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 1:48 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Nov 2015 at 2:02 PM.
I just find the thing annoying, and rarely use it. I must have the cheapest Sims around ... they are really reluctant to pay, even if the price is cheap. I've even tried to lure them in with things they'd like, and offer a couple of things to buy. I should call my town Cheapville.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 2:00 PM
Really? I use it a lot. You can put it on a home lot and the silly simmies will pay to come to your house and watch tv.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#34 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 25th Nov 2015 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I just find the thing annoying, and rarely use it. I must have the cheapest Sims around ... they are really reluctant to pay, even if the price is cheap. I've even tried to lure them in with things they'd like, and offer a couple of things to buy. I should call my town Cheapville.

As another poster responded to my questions... sims who are friends with your sim will pay more.
So I'm planning to use the Simblender to put my sims' relationship at 100 with some of her customers and click "make Friends" with them, that way they might pay the higher prices.
You don't have to do this with 50 sims, either ; just have about 10-12 good friends and have a phone on your community lot business and call them in ! Then you put stuff like hot tubs and gaming tables to make them stay longer.

" Inama Nushif "
Page 2 of 2