Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:24 PM
Default Why DOES Denise Jacquet have that large bear statue in her room?
Did she kill it with her bare hands? (And then dye it?) Does she secretly want to open a toy shop? Did she have a gigantic childhood toy? Does it scare off intruders? Or does she just have really bad taste?

What's your interpretation of this backstory?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:33 PM
What bear statue are you refering to? A picture of it would help
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Did she kill it with her bare hands? (And then dye it?) Does she secretly want to open a toy shop? Did she have a gigantic childhood toy? Does it scare off intruders? Or does she just have really bad taste?

What's your interpretation of this backstory?

It was a gift from her mad husband. She was outraged at the extravagance, and pushed it away. It fell, and killed him. It still has his blood stuck to its paws. She keeps it for the occasional gloat.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 8:56 PM
Okay, good call (sorry, I x-posted)

So I went in-game and asked her.

She thought very carefully.

Then she turned away and pierced me with a stare; wasn't it obvious? This wasn't just any bear, it was the beloved mascot of the Sweetie Pie Pastry Company, established c.1835 and considered responsible for guiding an entire nation into sweet-toothed oblivion. She'd bought it as an investment piece, of course, just like that original Wise painting, and if business ever broke down, she had them both there on standby. And besides, she'd always liked that bear.

That told me!

Edit: Bahaha! I love the husband story!
Screenshots

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Okay, good call (sorry, I x-posted)

So I went in-game and asked her.

She thought very carefully.

Then she turned away and pierced me with a stare; wasn't it obvious? This wasn't just any bear, it was the beloved mascot of the Sweetie Pie Pastry Company, established c.1835 and considered responsible for guiding an entire nation into sweet-toothed oblivion. She'd bought it as an investment piece, of course, just like that original Wise painting, and if business ever broke down, she had them both there on standby. And besides, she'd always liked that bear.

That told me!

Edit: Bahaha! I love the husband story!

Lay off the weed, dude

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:51 PM
She is eccentric - and why not? Widow, elder, rich businesswoman and great cook - I think she has earned the right!
Theorist
#8 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 10:15 PM
She and Steven Tinker once shared a moment when he stopped into the bakery to buy a pie for a family holiday dinner. He was the last customer of the day, and somehow the two got to talking...and laughing. There was a spark there, but no lines were crossed...just a knowing glance. Steven, had told her all about his wish to open a toy store one day soon, and how he was working towards that goal. Denise, was so encouraging...unlike Wanda. She clasped his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. He thanked her and left the shop.

After that day the two never saw one another, or spoke again. Some weeks later, a courier showed up at the bakery with a huge package...it was the bear. The note attached simply said "You are one special lady." and signed "Eternally grateful." She knew in her heart that it was from Steven, and had Gilbert and a staff member load the bear into their delivery van and take to her home.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 10:17 PM
I reckon she made it herself, but meant to give it to the Tinkers as a surprise gift - but they found out so she kept it.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:39 AM
Maybe she had a bear just like it when she was a young lass in France.

And somehow she became obsessed and made a LIFELIKE RENDITION OF IT! *dun dun dunnm*
Forum Resident
#11 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 9:24 AM
It's not her's, it's Gilbert's, her son's. It's a total reflection of him, overbearing, childish and irresponsible.
That's why all my sims are forbidden to marry him. A man who lives with his mother and a big stuffed teddy bear is not good husband material.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:03 PM
I've always thought there was something odd about their relationship. I've even acted on it from time to time

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
It's not her's, it's Gilbert's, her son's. It's a total reflection of him, overbearing, childish and irresponsible.
That's why all my sims are forbidden to marry him. A man who lives with his mother and a big stuffed teddy bear is not good husband material.

Maybe someone can start a Psycho motel

just saying :P
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote:
Maybe someone can start a Psycho motel

I've had my doubts about Gilbert like that....he doesn't quite look like Tony Perkins, but I'm sure there's something missing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles