Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 8:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to Rezone a Community Lot to Residential?
Hey guys!

I'm trying to turn a community lot into a residential one. I've done the lot rezoning cheat, but I know I need a residential lot mailbox and trashcan. I've heard about buyable ones. However, from what I've read these can conflict with a billing mod (which I have). Is there any way to get the mailbox and trashcan onto the lot without running into a mod conflict?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:27 PM
Well the buyable stuff just allows you to find it in the catalogue, so unless I'm mistaken, you can add those to your Downloads, load your lot and add the mailbox and trashcan, exit the game, remove the buyable packages from your Downloads folder, and the mailbox and trash can will still be on the lot. I don't keep them in my game at all times either, I just add them when I need to buy the mailbox and trash bin.

Would that still create a conflict? You could even remove your mod before launching the game and placing the buyable objects, right? A billing mod probably doesn't affect build mode?
I would make a back up copy of my neighbourhoods then try that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:20 AM
I have not heard of any conflict, I just us the dreamalot mail box and bin. I can't seem to get the site up, don't know if they moved or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:57 AM
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll give it a shot (if I can get the download to work- I was also having a problem with that). I'll definitely back up first though!

I read that billing mods conflict because the buyable mailbox actually replaces the regular mailbox. At least, that's what it said on the page for cyjon's Bigger Bills.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:27 AM
Well, this time the download worked! So I'll back up my game and see if this works without messing up my Bigger Bills mod.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:47 AM
This mail box is not a replacement it's a stand alone object. You will find it and the bin/trash can in your catalog. (make sure to grab that as well) Sounds like he is talking about an old version someplace not this one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:11 AM
Well, thankfully it seems to be working fine. I placed both on the lot, exited the game, removed the files from the folder, and returned to the game to test it out. The trashcan and mailbox didn't disappear and still worked properly. Bigger bills also still appeared to be working. I'm keeping the backup in case something goes wrong, of course (and really I'd been meaning to make a backup for a while, but kept forgetting).
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:02 AM
Thanks for reporting!
I never used bigger bills and never read that explanation by Cyjon.

I just know it used to be advised to add SEDD's packages to buy the stuff, then remove the packages because you don't need them otherwise, and so that they wouldn't ship with the lots when you upload them, if I remember correctly? That's how I've always used the buyable ones, mostly to convert Uni community lots to dorm/housings, and also to create BV hidden lots.

Glad everything seems to be working fine. I would roll with it too, relying on the possibility of simply moving out in case it really glitches.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:12 AM
I wouldn't use one on a lot I was planning to upload, but I have never removed it from my download folder either.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:25 AM
Jo: you're right, and yeah don't quote me on that vague "used to be advised"^^ I mostly wanted to point out that the mailbox and trash can won't be missing from any lots they were used with even after the packages are no longer in the Downloads.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:20 PM
The thing about using in game objects (or mods that make them appear in the catalogue) that you can't normally buy is that, as long as they have the same GUID as the original, you can remove them and the game will still call the object based on the GUID. Does that make sense? Basically they're like defaults but made buyable.

For Polgannon I made a whole pile of mini mods which made EAxis stuff available to buy in the catalogue (I didn't do the bin I hasten to add). I didn't upload those mods with Polgannon because it wasn't necessary. Once I had got my mits on them and placed them in the places I wanted them in Polgannon's lots, I took the mods out of the Download folder and loaded the lots again - the stuff was still there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:13 PM
I did that with cake slices on my High Street lot. It's very handy.

~Call me Jo~