Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 11:17 PM
Default Markets and Rentals
recently I added a park disctrict building. basically sims can use it for skills, games, socializing and ofc the park. one of the things I would like to do is allow my playables to rent space at the park district for local craft sales. I don't know if there is a mod that would allow something like that for a community lot, but I was wondering if people have figured out a way to do something similar to allow something like a farmer or crafter's market that is shared by multiple business owners or could appear to function like a rented space. So at the end of summer the small farmers are renting the space to sell fresh produce and then maybe in the spring the crafters come and sell their clothes, curtains, quilts, etc....Any thoughts?

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 1:52 AM
The only way I could see that working would be to buy a community lot and have the owner use Simlogicals meeting controller and set the sims you want to sell as being members of the meeting. Once you call a meeting they should all show up and be selectable so you can tell them to go sit at a chair by their stall. You would then open the buisness and have sims come and buy. The trouble being sims will go to any cash register. You would also have to know exactly what each stall has for sale, how much each item is so you can tally up how much each one is owed as all the money would go to the actual owner. Once it is over the owner then has to pay each sim with a stall using Monique's computer or Christianlov's wallet controller. I'm also not sure if the meeting controller will work on an owned lot or if they will want to start shopping themselves. If it was set up more like a charity drive with the money going towards something for the town then the sims with stalls would not need to be paid.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:49 AM
This sounds like a great idea!

If you would rather not have to babysit and watch who sold what for how much, you can tally up what was earned that day and divide it by the number of business owners on the lot.

For example, let's say you have five business owners on the lot, and the day starts with 10,000 Simoleon. You close up shop that day and you've earned an extra 10,000 Simoleon. You can restock your shops like normal, then hand out equal shares of what was made that day to each sim. In this case, 2,000 an owner.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:49 AM
The only issue with that is if you have one stall selling potted plants and another one selling expensive electronics, it's not exactly fair or realistic to divide things up evenly.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:05 AM
It's not fair, I agree. But it would be easier to manage than manually keeping track of what was sold, and individual totals.

Could always see how much it'd be split equally, then vary the shares accordingly. Those selling electronics would get extra, those selling fruit would get less. Something like:

10,000 earned
3 Electronics business = 3,000 per owner
2 flower businesses = 500 per owner

Just throwing ideas out there.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:00 AM
another thought I've had to give it the seasonal rental feel is to let it be a smaller lot that changes hands with the seasons. So you have four owners who transfer the business at the turn of the season. The farmer has it for fall, the toymaker for winter, the seamstress for spring and whomever for summer and they just use the transfer option to maintain the business, its employees rating, etc....

with joandsarah's idea the simblender could be used instead of the meeting controller and then the sims could be temporarily moved into the owner of the lots house before they leave to run the lot for the day. at the end of the day add them back to their own household via simblender and they get a money transfer via Monique's comp. siletka I like dividing it up the way you suggested.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:55 PM
You could have the owner hire the other playables as employees. Then their hourly rate would be their share of the sales. And they'd all be there when you wanted to visit when playing another household.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 5:48 PM
I use home businesses for that purpose. One of my playables had a little farmers market in her backyard, next to the green house, where she sold produce when she had enough to merit opening the shop.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You could have the owner hire the other playables as employees. Then their hourly rate would be their share of the sales. And they'd all be there when you wanted to visit when playing another household.

but if they are employees and not co-owners I don't have access to their inventories to I couldn't stock their produce, clay pictchers, teddy bears, etc....

Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:55 PM
Yeah, you'd have to have some system for them to turn it all over so that it's in his inventory.

Without a major modification that nobody's made, I'm afraid every system will have something clunky about it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:37 PM
It's such an appealing idea having a kind of flea market, there is a very nice cc free market lot by Anne on here which would be perfect for this. But yes every which way may be clunky. If they were hired and put on a till each and you have the buy and build enabler mod and you make the renters selectable you should be able to get to their inventory. So instead of restocking just manually remove and replace. That might work better than the meeting controler only then you will be paying them for working for you, which kind of takes away from the flea market everyone works for himself feel.
Often at markets what you see is what you get and once the item is gone the stall holder doesn't have another (apart from the fruit and veg stalls) We do the markets now and then, but it's just stuff I have sorted out and cleaned up so when something sells I replace it with something else.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~