Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:32 AM
Default My sims are stuck in my community lot.
Hey, everybody!
I built a lot and made my sim buy it. I tried it make a flower shop/candy and coffee store and a restaurant serving desserts. Nobody asks tables to sit and nobody drinks coffee too, unfortunately. All just want the shelving items.
So, when I was to back home in my car at the end of the day, my manager (who was still controllable) left by taxi. He was a npc . His family was loaded and I don't know why, but it seems he has no home, obviously. I ended up in the city center (where I located my lot) and after all that, I went back to my district. I've loaded the same family that used before and returned to the lot to make some changes . Now I'm stuck with my employees in buy/build mode because the simulation mode is not allow. My family is stuck in the lot and cannot load it unless that lot! Help me, please!
Sorry for my bad english.

There's nothing here... Go to next post.
Call me Shine :*
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:56 AM
You may need to load another family and use a teleporter. The lot sounds quite bugged. if she had simply been stuck and it was live mode I would have said use the magic Wand by pescado. It may still be worth a try, just I'm not sure if it works in buy/build mode. You should have a teleporter if you are going to play sims anyway. Simlogical cat teleporter, or the simblender. .

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:20 PM
This is quite a common problem, don't worry I think there is a method for fixing it somewhere.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 3:41 PM Last edited by GirlUser : 10th Mar 2015 at 3:52 PM.
Already using simblender, I will try to use another family on the lot.

~~~
edit: The lot cannot be selected, I can't click on it. It says "You cannot visit this lot because there is a saved game in progress."

Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:28 PM
I believe jo meant that you should use a different family on their home lot, and use a mod to teleport your regular Sims there. Guessing the next move is to move them in using a mod, and the newspaper to move them out. Then move them back into their old home.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:32 PM
Using the caller Insimenator, the character who is stucked didn't appear in the list, just her roommate who is not on the lot.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 8:55 PM
Both solutions: magic wand or SimPE replacing with lot instance.
Thanks!
I really want to know why my restaurant/coffee shop doesn't work. :\

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 10:19 PM
Those two combos, coffee shop/restaurant wont go together very well. Due to coding when sims arrive they will head towards the host and check the menu, then they will sit, order food, eat and leave; most of the time. There are mods you can use to achieve what you want, but the vanilla game isn't so flexible. This has nothing to do with why the lot bugged. It could have just been an unfortunate occurrence or there could be something wrong with your lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~