Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 5:50 AM
Request/Idea for a mod to give non-active sims plastic surgery
In my game I'm constantly on a crusade to makeover all the ugly townies. The salon chair that comes with OFB helps a lot, but a change of hair and a bit of makeup can't always fix the ridiculous proportions of some of these NPCs... I'd like to be able to give them plastic surgery but the game doesn't allow it unless I add the NPCs to my household. I need a way to give sims plastic surgery while keeping them an NPC.

I can think of lots of ways to do this, I just don't have the skills to do it.
1) I think it would be neat to mod the plastic surgery career item so that it functions essentially as the makeover chair. I think that's ideal.
2) Or perhaps mod the makeover chair so it's for surgery as well as makeovers.
3) OR if both of those fail, perhaps simply an option to have one of my sims ask or influence another sim to use the surgery booth.

This idea actually comes from a glitch that happened in my game once. Story time:

I was having my sim give a townie a makeover using the OFB makeover chair, but something odd happened when the makeover dialog opened: it was the same dialog as when you use the plastic surgery career reward. I was confused but I went ahead and fixed up the NPCs face and everything was fine when I clicked okay. I thought maybe I made a mistake and clicked the wrong item, since I keep the salon chair right next to my sim's surgery booth, but I quickly ruled that out when I saw the NPC was getting out of the salon chair as if I had just given them an ordinary makeover. Not to mention there isn't even an option to give another sim plastic surgery in the game. I suspect some wires were crossed when I went to have my sim give the NPC a makeover, and I selected the NPC's name. I checked, and the pie menu from the chair overlapped with where the plastic surgery booth is, and my mouse has an annoying habit of double clicking.

So I know something like this is possible. If I can do it by accident then surely someone could figure out how to do it on purpose.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 6:06 AM
Christianlov's Closest Gussy up adds 'Gussy up' to every sims pie menu, with that you can buy and plan clothes, do regualr makeover and do plastic surgery.
This is the archive to all of his downloads http://www.mediafire.com/download/b...CIAL_100628.zip

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:49 AM
As far as I know "gussy up" temporarily adds NPCs to household (it states as much when you change clothes, for example), so it might bork those of them that shouldn't be messed with. Caution is required!