Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 10:07 PM
Default Back of Hair is not showing up?
So the front of the hair shows up fine but when you get to the back it disappears. Any suggestions on how to place the bangs aswell?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 11:04 PM
It looks like the faces on the back of the hair are reversed. If you go into the 3D view in Milkshape and untick Draw Backfaces in the viewport menu, you'll see how the hair will look in-game. To fix reversed faces, select the faces and go Face -> Reverse Vertex Order.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 12:58 AM
I tried that but the way my mesh is set up, I don't think that will work for me. My mesh is nothing more than several planes basically and when reversing the vertex order that only fixes the bangs. Is there a way to make back faces?
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 1:03 AM
One option is to duplicate the affected faces, and reverse order on the duplicates.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
One option is to duplicate the affected faces, and reverse order on the duplicates.

I tried that and now my sims has this weird glow around their head and the hair kinda shrinks at different angles
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 12:16 PM
That's because the sim is standing in front of glass or water - you'll see that the same thing happens with EA hairs, it's just a bit less noticeable. I don't know if there's a way to prevent it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That's because the sim is standing in front of glass or water - you'll see that the same thing happens with EA hairs, it's just a bit less noticeable. I don't know if there's a way to prevent it.

Thanks for all your help