Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 10:40 AM
Default A problem with my pattern when I place the multi in Cas
Hi! I am trying to make a leather tunic for my medieval todder. Can you import new patterns into the Cas tool???? The leather pattern appears too dark and you can not see any detail. So dark that you can not recolour it to a lighter shade. I have had a problem with some material textures appearing very dark eg. My good medieval dress was a lovely bright darker green but when the multi was put into Cas tool. The Shading is too dark to reclour in light colour shades. So I thought if I can add new patterns to the CAS tool it would solve the problem. If you can please explain how to do it. Sims 3 will not let you export a clothing article which is from a package file so that is out, as away to do it. Thank you very much
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 10:57 AM
You can certainly make new patterns : Tutorials:TS3_Pattern_Tutorialswiki

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 2:44 PM
By CAS tool, do you mean CTU? If so, then yes, you can do that - but I've forgotten how . I will check this evening and post the method.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:31 AM
Okay, I checked, this is how to use a custom pattern in CTU:
1. In the Designs tab, click Browse Patterns
2. Click Import Custom Pattern at the bottom of the patterns window
3. Find your pattern's file (must be a package file) and select it
3. Select the *Custom category in the pattern category dropdown
4. Choose your imported pattern, voila.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 8:30 AM
Thank you both very much