Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 3:04 PM
Default Clothes and full body underneath.
Basically what I want to do is to be able to put any set of clothes on a sim with the game still drawing the full nude body underneath (with textures and such too); I've tried methods such as trying to put the 'nude clothes' in the accesory part, remove any incomplete body meshes the desired clothing set has, and then try to get them together in CAS; but a lot of things happen there (for example the nude meshes appear with the textures the clothing should have, and if I change the type of the nude meshes to accesory it just doesn't show texture at all for those parts).

Does anyone know any possible way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I use S3PE and milkshape to do everything, TSR workshop doesn't suit my needs.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 3:56 PM
As far as I'm aware, the only way to do this is to add the nude mesh into the clothing mesh, or make the clothing an accessory.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:11 AM
Could I ask why you want to do this? If you want see-through clothing you can look through this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671

No matter what the reason, there are a lot of problems involved. The clothing part has to be UV-mapped to different parts of the textures than the body, and it's very difficult to keep the inner mesh from clipping through the outer one in animations.

As Nysha said, clothing as accessories might be easier to manage. You'll have to clone a morphable accessory like the WA necklaces as a base.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 12:18 AM
this used to be my specialty in sims 2
Unfortunate the biggest problem is that there is just no room on the texture for it.
If you want a nude body underneath then that area can not be textured and since bottom, tops and shoes are already on it aswell there is simply no room...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 10:57 AM
Thank you all for the information, I didn't expect others looking so hard into the matter.

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Could I ask why you want to do this? If you want see-through clothing you can look through this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671

No matter what the reason, there are a lot of problems involved. The clothing part has to be UV-mapped to different parts of the textures than the body, and it's very difficult to keep the inner mesh from clipping through the outer one in animations.

As Nysha said, clothing as accessories might be easier to manage. You'll have to clone a morphable accessory like the WA necklaces as a base.

The reason why I want to do that is because it would instantly take all the problems with clothing mods off me (I don't consider clipping an issue by the way); basically it would allow me to edit clothes the way I want and try them on a body that isn't replaced by the clothing itself, it's practically more like dressing and less like transforming the body into clothing (I'll admit I also want that for... other purposes if you know what I mean); I have to add that my objective isn't making the clothes transparent, it's just having the game draw the textured nude body and me putting the clothes on top of it without replacing anything.

I'll try once more with the accessory method, now that you told me about one that has morphs.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
this used to be my specialty in sims 2
Unfortunate the biggest problem is that there is just no room on the texture for it.
If you want a nude body underneath then that area can not be textured and since bottom, tops and shoes are already on it aswell there is simply no room...

I have had the same problem. Usually before I can cram something into those few reserved spaces, I have to reduce the size by at least 50%, and usually more.

Out of curiosity, has anyone played with using 2048 x 2048 textures instead of the standard 1024x 1024 textures. I'm feeling rather lazy, so I have not experimented with it. For objects, I often use 512 x 512 textures, or even 256 x 256 textures without problems. So I know that it is possible to use a texture which is smaller than the standard texture, but I have not tried it with a larger texture.