Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 10:27 AM
Default Unused texture regions?
Just wondering if there are any little-used/unused regions in a CAS texture that I can use in my top. My problem is that the UV map for the baby collar on a hacked sweater that I'm editing conflicts with the bottom/miscellaneous parts of certain skirts or shorts:

What I wanted to know is if the part on the bottom right is reserved for another CAS part, or if they're safe to use:

I could just get away with moving the collar at the top parts, but moving, stretching and retexturing them would be a pain (although I wouldn't really mind if I really have to).
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:15 PM
This is the standard EA clothing UV template:

The lower left part of the Tops area is usually used for extra details for tops.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This is the standard EA clothing UV template:

The lower left part of the Tops area is usually used for extra details for tops.

So the lower-right green part can be safely used, aye? I was wondering as there doesn't seem to be any meshes which use that region for UV maps.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 12:22 AM
If it is a fullbodyoutfit you can pretty much texture/map were you want, exept on the skin and shoes.
If they are seperates you best use the top area for top parts and the green bottom area for bottomparts so that other tops/bottoms wont clash.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
If it is a fullbodyoutfit you can pretty much texture/map were you want, exept on the skin and shoes.
If they are seperates you best use the top area for top parts and the green bottom area for bottomparts so that other tops/bottoms wont clash.

It's a top, a sweater to be exact. I tried moving the collar UVs at the extreme lower part and fortunately it worked; I just hope that it wouldn't get in the way of whatever CAS part that might use the said texture space.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:41 PM
You then should move it to the left side, next to the pants area.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 1:44 PM
Why don't you put it on the other side of the texture, below the sleeves? That section is reserved for tops.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.