Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 12:36 AM
Default Making a .sims3pack for a sim- Questions
As you can see here, I have a sim whom I would like to make a .sims3pack file for and upload it to here once he is finished (he almost is), as I am rather proud of him.

I know how to make the .sims3pack, but I have a few questions about the process and the uploading.
  • Is custom content included in the .sims3pack file, or do I provide links to everything used?
  • Is it okay to provide links, or do I just say what I used and let everyone find it themselves?
  • If store content was used (which it was), may I provide a link to the EA store's page for said item?
  • FOR RENDERING- Is there a specific tool I use to make renders with flat-color backgrounds, or do I just turn off shadows and use a room with a stark white wall and floor?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 12:06 PM
We do not accept sims3pack files here for sim uploads. You'd need to do it as a .sim file, and provide links and credit ("Hair by Soandso: Link") for each and every item included. Store content is fine.

A plain white room is good for taking pics of sims. A plain black room is the only way I know to remove all detail from the background entirely so it is completely flat (see my latest upload for an example) but I usually do white rooms - only did black because white washed out all the details on the darker elements.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 12:20 AM
I also have a few that I'm working on but have no clue how to upload them. Any help would be appreciated.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 12:28 AM
Hi wayne.

Start by reading our Creator Guidelines for sim uploads, which you'll find here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ator_Guidelines

It's a good idea to start by posting a thread in the Creator Feedback Forum, under the Create menu, to get some comments and a good idea of whether your presentation is good and if folks think your work will be accepted here. There's some great folks there who can give really useful tips and advice.

When you've got the right files/pics/links/etc. ready, use the Upload Items link, also found under the Create menu.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.