Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:37 AM
Stressng Grr! Body Skins Help
Nope, It's not to know where to find them, But the opposite. How to make them? I've searched for ages on how to Export a body map to sims 3 and getting nowhere. Can anyone here help? How do I convert my DDS Body map to the sims 3 to be able to test it? It used to be so easy in sims 2, A Simple export > Sims 2 > Projects, but seems sims 3 moved on from using body maps. I downloaded skininator but it confuses me as at the moment I only have a DDS File. Need to somehow convert that to a package. Don't know how to explain it but am sure someone here has created sims 2 skins and saw the body maps who knows what am talking about haha! God, They make it so hard these days to create! Attached is an example of a sims 2 skin to know what am on about
Screenshots
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 9:59 AM
Skininator really is the easiest way to do it. You can just choose the DDS files you want to use for whatever age(s)/gender(s) you like, and whether or not you want it a default or non-default. When you get your textures imported, it'll make it into a .package for you. I know it may seem confusing with all those boxes, but it's not too tricky once you start playing with it. Most of what you'll be changing is the "light base" and "dark base" textures. Look at some existing textures to see how they're set up as TS3 has "light" and "dark" skins (both are actually light in colour, the dark is just green-tinged to help cancel out the reddish tones at the far end of the colour sliders). Technically you can use the same for both but then you have to adjust your tone ramp to match and that can be fiddly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 10:04 AM
How do I do that? I have a few skins I wanted to look at to see how they set it up so I can get a rough idea but all the boxes confuse me. I want to get into creating things but seems sims 3 is so much more technical to do so. Thanks for replying btw
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 10:58 AM
You can open those skin package files in Skininator to see how they work. The boxes will fill in so you can see how they've got it set up, and you can look at their textures to get an idea of what's meant to go where.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 11:01 AM
trying to find a way of opening package files but i cant see one? Its all DDS/Tone files. :S This is so confusing lol! Ahhh why has EA got to be so complex these days
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 11:03 AM
Open Skininator, do File > Open Package. Choose the skin you want to look at.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 11:06 AM
im so dumb. Figured it out! lol had no idea you have to make a folder with all them different tones in it to make a package file lol Thank you!