Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:53 AM Last edited by bamani71 : 28th Dec 2013 at 6:14 PM.
Default How to create morphs for 2 part dresses?
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or could point me to a specific tutorial? I see a lot of pregnant morph tutorials, but nothing that addresses my specific question.

I edited the wedding dress mesh, which has lod 1_1 as well as lod1. I can't create the morph with Cmar's Toolkit - I mean, it creates the morph but I cannot import it to Milkshape because it's looking for that lod1_1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Update: Ok, I got the morphs to import into milkshape, but do I have to do a separate set of morphs for the lod1_1? It's the bottom right half of the dress, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to incorporate the vertex data with the fat morph, since it has not changed size and is now distorting the fat mesh when I use the vertex data merge.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 8:13 PM
Are you having a problem with Toolkit or with Milkshape?

In Toolkit: Use the Auto tools for GEOM / Auto-create Morph Mesh tool, and run it for lod1 and lod1_1 of the base mesh using the same reference base and morph. This should give you two morph meshes, one for lod1 and one for lod1_1.

In Milkshape: The base mesh has to be on top of the list in the Groups tab in order for you to import the morph mesh. Import one of the base meshes first, and then the morph(s) for that mesh. Then import the second base mesh and move it to the top of the Groups list, and import the morphs for that mesh. Same goes for when you export the meshes from Milkshape - you have to put one of the base meshes on top of the list, export the morphs for that mesh, move the other base mesh to the top and export its morphs.

And now I see you updated - maybe the above will still be useful since it sounds like you didn't do a morph for lod1_1.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 10:43 PM Last edited by bamani71 : 29th Dec 2013 at 12:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Are you having a problem with Toolkit or with Milkshape?

In Toolkit: Use the Auto tools for GEOM / Auto-create Morph Mesh tool, and run it for lod1 and lod1_1 of the base mesh using the same reference base and morph. This should give you two morph meshes, one for lod1 and one for lod1_1.

In Milkshape: The base mesh has to be on top of the list in the Groups tab in order for you to import the morph mesh. Import one of the base meshes first, and then the morph(s) for that mesh. Then import the second base mesh and move it to the top of the Groups list, and import the morphs for that mesh. Same goes for when you export the meshes from Milkshape - you have to put one of the base meshes on top of the list, export the morphs for that mesh, move the other base mesh to the top and export its morphs.

And now I see you updated - maybe the above will still be useful since it sounds like you didn't do a morph for lod1_1.

Ah, the light blooms! Things seem so obvious after someone else points them out. Thank you!

Update: should I end up with more vertices where I originally did the data merge? The fit and thin both ended up with extra under the arms...