Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
There's a word for everything; in this case I believe the word is "wiccaphobia." I prefer your "rhabdophobia," myself.

You sent me off to consult Google Translate. Apparently the 'rhabdo-' bit means 'stick'; rhabdomancy is stick magic, or water divining. I suppose 'rhabdophobia' might mean 'wand terror'. The Greek word for 'magic' was something like ours - 'magei-'; so fear of witchcraft might be mageiphobia. Put in a vocal hyphen - 'mage-iphobia' and it's a usable word.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM
"Mageiphobia," eh? That sounds good to me. Thank you.

I've also recently taken some time to help answer the thorny question of exactly how Good witches, Neutral witches and Evil witches vary in their magical magnificence. Though there are seven rungs on the witchy Alignment ladder (Atrociously Evil, Evil, Mean, Neutral, Nice, Good, Infallibly Good), thus far I've only covered Neutral witches and the two extremes. Perhaps if I can set aside some time to adjust my witches' Alignments this way and that, I can come up with some spell lists for the other four alignments as well.

And because this forum doesn't do colored text for whatever reason, I'll just have to use smileys instead. They should be easy enough to figure out.

Infallibly Good spells (Max Magic Skill, max Good)

Spells:
Appello Servantus
Beautificus Locus
Benemoodus Simae
Benemoodus Populus
Compello Acceptus
Creatum Insecto Volucris
Exflammo
Expello Mortis
Remedis Simae
Mactoamicus
Appello Cattus Amicus
Appello Simae
Aqua Deletus
Cleanus Corpus
Corpus Athleticus
Corpus Fleshicus
Creatum Nutrimens
Expello Simae
Folium Deletus
Magivestigium
Magus Mutatio
Purgomagus
Tempus Interruptus / Tempus Resumus
Spiritus Poultria

Potions:
Magically Spiced Sugar
Vamprocillin-D
Lycanthropic-B
Plantophic-C
Witchbegone-E
Love Potion Number 8.5
ReNuYu Porta-Chug

Objects:
Faerie Fire Floor Lamp
Stardust Wall Sconce
Star Dusted Ceiling Lamp
Throne of Light
Little Miss Wendalyn Sculpture

Neutral (no witchy title) spells (Max Magic Skill, perfectly Neutral)

Spells:
Benemoodus Simae
Creatum Insecto Volucris
Exflammo
Remedis Simae
Appello Cattus Amicus
Appello Simae
Aqua Deletus
Cleanus Corpus
Corpus Athleticus
Corpus Fleshicus
Creatum Nutrimens
Expello Simae
Folium Deletus
Magivestigium
Magus Mutatio
Purgomagus
Heavus Ho
Inflammo
Mellifera Attackum
Spiritus Poultria

Potions:
Vamprocillin-D
Lycanthropic-B
Plantophic-C
Witchbegone-E
Love Potion Number 8.5
ReNuYu Porta-Chug

Objects:

(Sorry...necessary double-posting follows because otherwise I'll break the "too many images" ceiling and the mean forum engine won't let me post. )
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM
Atrociously Evil spells (Max Magic Skill, Max Evil)

Spells:
Benemoodus Simae
Appello Cattus Amicus
Appello Simae
Aqua Deletus
Cleanus Corpus
Corpus Athleticus
Corpus Fleshicus
Creatum Nutrimens
Expello Simae
Folium Deletus
Magivestigium
Magus Mutatio
Purgomagus
Compello Discrepo
Corruptus Locus
Extractum Amorus
Heavus Ho
Inflammo
Mellifera Attackum
Servantus Attackum
Spiritus Poultria
Tabula Rasa
Vivificus Zombiae

Potions:
Enchanted Essence of Cur Tails
Vamprocillin-D
Lycanthropic-B
Plantophic-C
Witchbegone-E
Love Potion Number 8.5
ReNuYu Porta-Chug

Objects:
Hand of Darkness Floor Lamp
Palm of Darkness Wall Sconce
Fist of Darkness Ceiling Lamp
Claw of Darkness Throne

So all in all, it looks like the Neutral witches really do get the short end of the stick; they have a bit more versatility compared to the Goodies and the Evilz (with up to four Good spells and four Evil spells), but they come up short in both maximum number of available spells (with 21 for Neutral, 24 for Infallibly Good and 24 for Atrociously Evil) and number of craftable (...cauldronable? Brewable?) potions and objects. Neutral witches can also buy items from either High Witch (which isn't all that much of an advantage; no matter who or what your witch is, it's just as easy to fly to the Palace of Neverending Light as it is to fly to the Fortress of Eternal Darkness), and they can sit on either Thrones of Light or Claw of Darkness Thrones to "recharge" all of their Needs, which leads to the obvious downside that Neutral witches can't make their own thrones; they have to either mooch off of Good and/or Evil witches or go to an extreme Alignment, make their throne and come back again. I guess that's why I don't play a lot of Neutral witches; the extremist witches just have so much more to offer (even if it is nice to be able to console your unhappy date with Benemoodus Simae and maybe Creatum Insectus Volucris, then turn around and cast Heavus Ho and Mellifera Attackum on the jerk who slapped her around and made her unhappy in the first place).

What do you think? Neutral witches: Cool, sucky or meh?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:42 AM
Neutrals? That's all I have for the most part! I'll let them stray into nice or mean territory, but the Infallibly Good and Atrociously Evil ones all are limited to one family apiece (constantly at war with one another, obviously) So long as they've all got Magivestigium, Benemoodius Simae, and Magus Mutatio, I'm good!

I do tend to skill all of my magical Sims up to the highest level for whatever alignment they have though... for the denizens of Darkwood Hollow, my magic neighborhood, I built a special magical dorm in one of the university neighborhoods. To be accepted into Darkwood Hollow society, they must pass the proscribed course of education at the Stradivarius Academy of Magic, which every year turns out new witches and warlocks with a top-of-the-line education in neutral magicking. Any modifications to their alignment, they'll have to pursue after leaving school- the Stradivari staff don't allow any deviation from the syllabus, since it could only lead to conflict between students!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#30 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:44 AM
Any interest in the paranormal or sci-fi too can spark a sims curiosity to be a witch, even if it's like 4 or 5 bars on that interest, they will be curious about it. I like the spells, i recognize some incantations from shows i watch too especially the tempus one, those ones are for effecting time since there is a demon called Tempus which according to Charmed is an upper level demon.
Theorist
#31 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:31 AM
I tried the witchy thing about a year ago and it didn't go so well. Today I made a sim in CAS and decided he was going to be a warlock. So Chip N. Dayle moved into a small but cozy house and started his skills. He kept rolling wants to continue his skilling and he tooks breaks occasionally to make pottery for his arts hobby. When he was close to finishing his skills, he went to a shop to buy a cell phone. There he ran into the evil witch and they started to chat. Finally he was turned into a worlock. Chip doesn't plan on being an actual evil type guy, he has an ulterior motive. He finished his skills, got his pass for art hobby lot and off he went to try out some sewing and enjoy the relaxation. That didn't happen. The hobby leader and a member kept rolling around the ground, one fight after another. Then a female kept taking every teddy to 'talk through' at him. He was surrounded by them and eventually moved to a different room only to be surrounded by those creepy looking teddies again. The witches were there and the evil one kept picking on the good witch. Chip had enough and cast spiritus poultria and then mellifera attackum on her. I had a blast there. She doesn't seek revenge though, I really worried about it.

On his way up to finishing arts and crafts, he also received 3 other hobby passes and 1 more after he finished. He now has 5 lots he can visit. Oh, also got all pottery badges and now wants the sewing ones. What is even funnier is his wants, he's knowledge but his wants were for a statue and a painting. It was more fun getting different wants than the same old annoying ones. One other thing that happened was his phone was always ringing but he ignored it to finish what he was doing. Later on he finally answered it one night, it was a man he met at the shop who then gave him a large screen tv, through the phone even! I wish someone would give me a tv through he phone. lol

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 8:08 AM
Chippendale? Sounds like he should be a stripper. XD
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 10:01 AM
Maybe Chip should consider becoming a good warlock. *casts Compello Acceptus* "You like it when I goose you." "Yes, Chip. I like it when you goose me." "You like it when we Slow Dance." "...I like it when we Slow Dance." "You like it when I smooch you." "...I like it when you smooch me." "You like it when I make out with...." "For SimGod's sake, Chip! Would you just WooHoo me already?!?"

But it sounds like Chip's well on his way to becoming a superb hobbyist. Keep it up, Duine.

And would that hobby lot happen to be My Muse II? I may have had some experience with Sims on that lot repeatedly fighting the hobby instructor.
Inventor
#34 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:02 PM
I have a few wishes for my witches. I wish flying were more fun. The way they whoop as they take off, dive to get escape velocity, and cackle in the higher air makes it sound like so much fun; but if you watch their fun bar, it does not rise. Why not? I would be such an easy mod ... er ... I would think.
Then this Little Miss Wendalyn sculpture: what does it do? It has very little dedorative value. Why can it not be enchanted to do magical actions? Say, turn it 45 degrees to bring out the sun, or turn food sparkly, or freeze water in the pond.
My last wish is that a firm description of each spell were available somewhere. The descriptions in the badly-rhymed poems are ambiguous. What does 'Compello Acceptus' actually do? The only time I tried it, relationship went up ten points, same as it would have done if my witch had gone on hanging out for five more minutes. That would be so much easier to do than slaving over a hot cauldron to make the necessary reagents.
Has anyone improved on the witchiness of Apartment Life?
Page 2 of 2