Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:23 PM
Default The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and phone problem.
Hey,
I have problem with my phone. When i try to call somebody, sim pick up the phone and then put it back. It won't even try to call anybody. What could be the problem? I have try that NPC Phonebook Fix, but it won't work.

Help...?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:39 PM
The NPC Phonebook Fix has nothing to do with Sims being able to use the phone. It just re-enables the ability for Sims to call NPCs, which were disabled in FreeTime for whatever reason.

Press Ctrl+Shift+C and type in "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true". Then, Shift+Click on the problem phone and select "Force Error". Click on Reset. Then try and see if the Sim can use the phone.

You might want to try installing Pescado's Phone Hack and BO's Phone Makeover. They greatly improve on the phone, and fix a large number of issues with it as well. You should remove your old "NPC Phonebook Fix", since they conflict with Phone Makeover, which does the same thing anyway.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
Do you have any custom content or hacks in your game?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 2:31 PM
This happened to someone else in another thread.

Have you tried another lot? It could just be a problem with the lot. If it is you will have to move the family out and back in again.

Here is the other thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
The NPC Phonebook Fix has nothing to do with Sims being able to use the phone. It just re-enables the ability for Sims to call NPCs, which were disabled in FreeTime for whatever reason.

Press Ctrl+Shift+C and type in "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true". Then, Shift+Click on the problem phone and select "Force Error". Click on Reset. Then try and see if the Sim can use the phone.

You might want to try installing Pescado's Phone Hack and BO's Phone Makeover. They greatly improve on the phone, and fix a large number of issues with it as well. You should remove your old "NPC Phonebook Fix", since they conflict with Phone Makeover, which does the same thing anyway.

Ok, i will try those

Quote:
Do you have any custom content or hacks in your game?

Yes i have, but i tried to take them out, but no change.

Quote:
This happened to someone else in another thread. Have you tried another lot? It could just be a problem with the lot. If it is you will have to move the family out and back in again. Here is the other thread.

Ok thanks I will keep looking.

If problem still remains, i will contact in this thread. If not, then thanks
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:10 PM
Are they picking up the handset because if the handset is somewhere else, they can't use the phone? Just buy another one and replace it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Finland101
Hey,
I have problem with my phone. When i try to call somebody, sim pick up the phone and then put it back. It won't even try to call anybody. What could be the problem? I have try that NPC Phonebook Fix, but it won't work.

Help...?

This happened to me on occasion - was never able to figure out what caused it (a stuck something or other, I'd presume), HOWEVER, I also found that it would tend to reset itself eventually and work again and the affected family was able to use mobile phones without a problem, so I just bought them all mobiles until it fixed itself.