Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:23 AM
Default Installing simPE help
So, I've decided that it's time I get simPE. I got the link, and downloaded it. Right now it's sitting in a zip folder, and I have no clue what to do from there. It has all these files and I don't know what to do with them, which one to click to start the setup, ect. Tutorials that I found were so out of date. Stuff from 2005. :/ I have the ultimate collection, and I would really love some help.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:41 PM
Oh - sounds like you DL the one without the auto-installer. It works just as well, it's just that you double-click on the exe file directly. If you want it installed, you'll need to go and get the installer version.

I didn't think though that there was an auto-installer for M&G (which is the version you will need for UC if you've installed all EPs/SPs). I know the version I use didn't have one at the time it was released because that was just as the development cycle for TS2 was coming to the end and they didn't bother with the last version. Someone may have made an installer for it since. Anyway, what I did was make a shortcut to the exe file and then stuck that on my desktop. In some ways it's useful to do it that way because SimPE can be a little temperamental with all EPs/SPs and sometimes you need to reinstall to get it to work. With the un-installed version, you just wipe out the folder and re-unpack the zip file to get a clean set of files to run the programme from.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:13 AM
I am definitely sure that my "final" version of SimPE (which has M&G) has an auto-installer.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:15 AM
The one I just downloaded for the newly-refurbed machine went up to M&G (except I admit I was thrown off when presented with classic v. modern interface).

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 9:55 AM
Well, it still says on the download page:
This QA has been stable for a long period, and I think it is safe to offer it generally. It’s a 7Z and will require manually unarchiving into its own folder and running from SimPE.exe (or you make your own shortcut). Remember to change what runs (your file association) when you double-click on a .package file. If you don’t know how to do that, then start SimPE before using File/Open to open your packages.
Edit to add:

I think the confusion might stem from the fact that the 'latest' version of SimPE visible first on the Downloads page at the site is version 0.72 which you can patch to update to M&G. What I am talking about and what the OP might be talking about is the 0.73 QA version which was the very last version being worked on for M&G and was still being tested when released because we ran out of steam. It is, therefore, the most up to date. It doesn't have an installer. This is the version which is linked every time you type SimPE here.
SimPE 0.73.44 QA

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:41 PM
Default Need help also
I am new to Sims 2 and only have some of the EPs. Right now, I am only running Double Deluxe, but have the Pets bundle with M&G and Family Fun. I have NO IDEA what I am doing and even if I need SimPE. I have been reading stuff here and it seems it is a "necessity" if you are going to have custom content, so that's why I got it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pamela