Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:40 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 11th Nov 2014 at 5:05 PM. Reason: little typo
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you see a new sim come in- often with terrible fashion sense, they could be the reporter.
Well I can't say I wasn't warned!

Blake Yang the reporter did show up, and in an outfit that would raise a few eyebrows even in a downtown gay bar! And a right horrible type he is too! He didn't show up when I was playing the Moore family, but when I was playing Romeo and Mercutio Monty, who, along with their mutual friend Jihoon LeTourneau, had gone along to the new shop (at midnight!) to buy clothes. Blake was surly and disagreeable. He would have annoyed Romeo if I hadn't cancelled the interaction. Instead he went and poked another customer. He never took out his notebook or tried to buy anything. He just poked about the shop (sometimes literally) and generally made himself objectionable. Since I wasn't playing the lot, Scott was on his own, with no help in selling, restocking or working the till. Scott is slower on the till than his son, and the customers got visibly restless, not helped by the "reporter" harassing them. I don't think it augurs well for a good review! Why on earth does the paper employ someone like him? I have antiredundancy so the game only generated one reporter. I don't suppose it would generate two more if I took out antiredundancy? I'd probably have get somebody to marry him to get rid of him, and who would want to do that? I suppose I should wait and see what he writes!

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
You can always add more merchandise to the shop as it expands I normally am quite surprised by the stuff my other Sims buy when they visit the businesses and I'm not playing with them - their inventories are always quite interesting
When he reached business level 2, Scott chose, as his business perk, the LeTourneau cash prize of ยง1,000. That gave him just enough to buy a clothes rail, which does help business.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
It's tough, though, to start a new busines, whether in Sim land or in real life.
Maybe my real life business would do a bit better if I played The Sims a bit less!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I suppose it's my own faulty for townifying that outfit!

Are you sure he was a reporter and not just a new townie (who went shopping on his break from the local strip club XD)? I'm pretty sure that reporters should only appear when you're playing the business lot with the business owner.
Theorist
#78 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 2:03 PM
The reporter will always pull out a notepad and pencil at some point, so I think you just got a townie with terrible fashion sense.

If he IS the reporter, though, all you would have to do to spawn a new one is add him to a household and then move him out into his own house and then never play him again. Nobody has to be married (or killed).

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 3:09 PM
He is the reporter. In SimPE, he has a NPC ID of 0x0029, which is the reporter according to the spoilered list in this post by mootilda. Maybe he's just having a quick look round and he'll come back when I'm playing the lot to write his review. I hope so. If he writes a review based on this visit, I can't see it being a good one! Maybe he got out of bed on the wrong side.

If I move him in somewhere I shall play him, because he's an interesting character -- despite being horrible. And, if I do that, I'll take antiredundancy out, in the hope of getting three reporters. Because, If there are three, maybe one of them will be reasonable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 3:22 PM
I often see one of the reporters when visiting an owned business with another household. It never results in a review or reward, though it may affect how he responds to the business when he does come in while I'm controlling the household. Star accumulation and whatnot.

You can also tell a reporter, like other special NPCs, by the more limited choices you get when you click on him.

I have managed to change one reporter's clothes with my gussy up hack, though it took a couple of tries. I'm all for tacky outfits, but we all have our limits. I believe you have something along those lines? If not - well, you might want to remove the outfit. It boggles my mind that it even exists.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#81 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 7:20 PM
that reporter's outfit is hilarious! How are you liking open for business? I have a love/hate relationship with this ep, I really go in phases with how much I play the actual businesses - although I use other things that came with the expansion regularly

Bustin' Out!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#82 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 8:43 PM
Told you they had terrible fashion sense.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#83 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 9:19 PM
O man if you actually did dialogue in your storytelling I would demand it here and now that any reviews he gives has to be in limericks. That's hysterical
Page 4 of 4