Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 8:33 PM
Default Rent a community lot
Hi everyone

I would like to know if there is a way or mod that allows sims to rent a community lot as they do with apartment lots.

Thanks for a kind answer
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 8:45 PM
Well, with OFB they can buy one - is that what you mean or did you want regular rent payments?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, with OFB they can buy one - is that what you mean or did you want regular rent payments?

I would like to rent it with regular payments instead buying one in order to give a simple sim the possibility to own his business without buying a lot or having a home business.
With apartments several sims could rent several apartments from a lot. It would be nice if several sims could rent several shops from a community lot.
Like a shopping center: several owners for several shops...
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:09 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible. The best you could do is to set up a "strip mall" on separate lots, each with a different owner. It would give you the illusion of a strip mall, but it wouldn't actually be one. It'd still be separate lots. You could do payments, of sort, by buying the lot with a loan. There are several different mods out there that allow you to give your Sims loans which they must pay back with interest; I use Monique's computer, which is here on MTS. Eventually the loan would be paid off, but depending on how much it is, possibly not before the owner dies. Of course, if the business doesn't take in enough to pay the loan, you'd find yourself in a spot of trouble. But it does allow Sims who don't have a lot of cash on hand to purchase a business and make payments on it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:16 PM
There is this mod http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_LotRights.htm but I don't think it would work for OFB lots somehow. You could have a sim buy the lot and then send him/her to the lot and use a teleporter to bring in the sims who are 'renting' shops. The owner could pay the owner via Christianlov's wallet token or by Moniqies computer because all the profits will go to that sim not the 'renters'. So long as the owner is there and the renters are all selectable it could possibly work. It would take you some fiddling as this isn't how the game is set up. Also no matter how many shops are there it is still considered one bushiness and the owner would get the perks and the profits.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible. The best you could do is to set up a "strip mall" on separate lots, each with a different owner. It would give you the illusion of a strip mall, but it wouldn't actually be one. It'd still be separate lots. You could do payments, of sort, by buying the lot with a loan. There are several different mods out there that allow you to give your Sims loans which they must pay back with interest; I use Monique's computer, which is here on MTS. Eventually the loan would be paid off, but depending on how much it is, possibly not before the owner dies. Of course, if the business doesn't take in enough to pay the loan, you'd find yourself in a spot of trouble. But it does allow Sims who don't have a lot of cash on hand to purchase a business and make payments on it.

Thanks for the answer.
I have Monique´s computer and its a great hacked object
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 12:51 AM
This piece of CC is an oldie but goodie, and as far as I know, works fine with all EPs/SPs. At least it does with mine:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...opic,215.0.html

I use the money order to give Uni students some of the money they raked in while staying at the dorms. as a form of rent check before I had AL (though I'll still use it if a Sim "rents" a house on a residential lot), a way for wealthy parents to give their children generous graduation or wedding presents, etc. Quite versatile!

You can, perhaps, make a Sim a manager of a community lot, but in actuality, he or she is a "tenant" that has to pay rent using the money order. If a Sim can't make payments, the tenant can be fired by the store owner. Not exactly what you're looking for, but it could, perhaps, be close.

If the manager's salary won't make the grade, there is always a chance for a side job if the poor Sim isn't ready to drop ... financial consulting, painting, writing a restaurant guide or novel, etc.

(Admittedly, this idea was a rather spontaneous one for me, so it may need tweaking. I've never tried it.)

So it appears while you can't formally rent a lot, there may be a few workarounds that can simulate a rental.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 2:00 PM
Thank you all for your kind sugestions.
I will try them