Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 2:31 PM
Default OFB: Can I set shifts or opening hours?
I know I can just set the open/closed sign, but can I somehow set shifts for the employees? Or just set the opening hours to be automatically from, say, 7 PM to 7 AM?

I don't want to work the employees like slaves, 24 hours a day.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 2:40 PM
There is no way to do that in the game, but there is CC that will allow you to call in/send home employees automatically. It's called the Time Clock, it allows you to set shifts for employees, and have them be called in and sent home at specific hours.

You want to visit Paladins place (www.simwardrobe.com). You can't direct link to things, so this is how you find the items you want
Sims 2 -> Objects -> Business Facilitators -> Time Clock

I think I've also seen something to open/close at specific hours, but I don't remember where. Perhaps someone else can help you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 2:55 PM
Thank you very much. It looks like exactly what I'm looking for.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 11:50 PM
I found the other mod I was thinking of. It's from Inge Jones, over at simbology.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_OFB.htm

It's the Automatic Open Sign, and the Employee token. Does the same as time clock does, but with tokens for each employee, and the ability to open/close the entire shop.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 1:08 AM
Thanks.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 1:39 AM
This is awesome..I knew something existed, but was not sure how it worked. And now, I am confuse..which one should I download?
Paladin's one does not seem to allow different shift for different employees...
And Inge's one requires 2 objects, but one of them is the employee scheduler that I need.
If I can set different schedule/shift for my employees, then I can hire my vampires too.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 1:44 PM
The scheduler doesn't affect the "Employee" career that the sim works in from their own home lot. You can edit this manually, though, if you know where to find it and are good with SimPE. I've been meaning to do so for a while. The employee career is a normal career except it's un-promotable. What I planned to do was go through and edit each of the 10 levels to represent a different shift pattern, and then move each sim up or down manually to the level they have. I haven't got round to it yet, though.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The scheduler doesn't affect the "Employee" career that the sim works in from their own home lot. You can edit this manually, though, if you know where to find it and are good with SimPE. I've been meaning to do so for a while. The employee career is a normal career except it's un-promotable. What I planned to do was go through and edit each of the 10 levels to represent a different shift pattern, and then move each sim up or down manually to the level they have. I haven't got round to it yet, though.

I've done that! :-) It works really well, though I wish there were more than 10 levels for me to edit! I used Gwenke33's version as a template.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 2:56 PM
Ah there we go! I was sure I'd got the idea somewhere but couldn't remember. Thanks for giving credit where credit's due :D

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:29 PM
The one bad thing and I don't know if it is changeable is employees don't get days off not even maternity/paternity leave. The trip and quad mod asks 'which parent will stay home?' and I decided to choose the dad who works as a waiter at an owned restaurant but his paternity leave never showed up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 10:27 PM
Hmm, I didn't realise that. Is that because they can't get fired for missing days?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 10:38 PM
I don't know, but it's annoying they don't get any vacation days or maternity leave. I'll just have to use the simlogical sign but I didn't the first day and got the pop up saying he missed work and now those days off have vanished as she didn't get them and neither did he.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:05 PM
@joandsarah77 it might be caused by mods, because in my game parents do get days off while hired at my community lot business. I do have triplets & quads too.
Days off won't show on the work tab, but no message pops all the 3 days she stayed home etc.
It even works too much...Jan is still "off" even though baby is now a toddler. She normally would have the option to go to work with her hubby, on the carpool And she does not.
Both are hired at same business.
I hired my nanny and I am sending her to work with "walk to work"

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for the tip Rosebine, something else to look into.

~Call me Jo~