Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 7:54 PM
Default Customer loyalty stars?
I apologize if there's a thread/guide for this somewhere, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

Ok, so I love OFB -- it's one of my favorite expansion packs, and I've played it for a long time, etc. etc. etc. But I've never really run a business that didn't sell anything.

Right now, I have an artist sim that just opened a gallery to display her art. Although there's a little coffee shop type deal that earns a bit of money, and although I'm considering having her sell reproductions of her work, it's not really a business driven by an exchange of goods and money. Are there ways I can still earn customer loyalty stars?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 8:05 PM
Oh, absolutely! They get stars for being happy on a lot, so feed them, schmooze them, show them a good time! It you run it as a bandatron business you can dazzle them into buy tickets, and that's still often worth a star, but the main thing is to keep 'em grinning.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 8:05 PM
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you also earn customer loyalty stars from positive interactions between customers and the sims running the store, possibly even other townies, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
I once played on a business lot that sold nothing but had a ticket vending machine, public toilets, a Jacuzzi and a grill - all I did was make food for the customers and clean up after them, but since the visitors spent a lot of time in the Jacuzzi chatting with other sims, they gained loyalty stars easily.

Edit: Looks like Peni beat me to it :D