2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4451 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
You could try BO's version of the hack: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=912
I have it in my game (installed by disk too) and it works.

You know what's embarassing? Not only did I forget that BO made a version of that hack, but I totally forgot that I've had it in my game for over a year now!

You can probably tell how often I use garden gnomes in my game.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#4452 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are only a few essential ones, the rest are more personal preference. For a lot of people 'no baby swarming' is a must but I don't use it or want it.

Baby swarming is not a glitch as far i know..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4453 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 5:10 PM
No it's a preference - some of us find it annoying.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4454 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simshout
Baby swarming is not a glitch as far i know..

Maybe I was unclear. 'No baby Swarming' is a mod, many people say it's essential for their game. I was saying I don't use it and it has nothing to do with stopping the game corrupting, so it's a play style preference, not an essential mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#4455 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe I was unclear. 'No baby Swarming' is a mod, many people say it's essential for their game. I was saying I don't use it and it has nothing to do with stopping the game corrupting, so it's a play style preference, not an essential mod.

I was talking about not intended behaviour (glitch, bug etc), not by-design annoyances like swarming... That's what SilentPatch does for GTA SA, a big mod that fixes all kind of glitches, although it does a bit more than bugfixing, like some performance improvements.
Mad Poster
#4456 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 3:29 AM
Skyrim has a big unofficial bugfix patch, the USKP (Unofficial Skyim Patch) and USLEEP (Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch). Fun thing to do is to go to any Skyrim page on the UESP wiki, go down to bugs, and see how many bugs it fixes. I first got it after one of my quests broke on me and the wiki said it was fixed in the patch.

As for a Sims one I'd limit it to just the stuff that could break the game - nounlinkondelete and something to keep the vampire from biting Crumplebutt to start out with.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4457 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 3:36 AM
The game already has patches for most bugs, there are only about 5 mods that are essential, hardly a ton load.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4458 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enjoysMusic11
I'd love a mod that lets my sims bring some of their family's money with them to college and when they graduate too. It just seems so nonsensical when the heir of the Goths goes to college and aside from her scholarships is dirt poor. And giving money to them too makes so that they have more variety of where they want to move in too after college.

A combination of Pescado's Money Order plus No20kHandouts does exactly this.

No20kHandouts means that graduates will come back to the home neighbourhood with a share of their household funds when they graduate, rather than a blank 20k for everyone. CAS sims still get the 20k (or more if you create a family).

Money Order has two functions; you can use it to send money through the mail system to any sim your sim already knows, or you can "load" it with an amount and place it in a sim's inventory. When they move out of the household, they'll take the amount on the money order with them instead of the household's cash value being divided between the sims in the two households. (I don't know what happens if you load the money order with more than the household has in cash.)

So you could send a teen from a rich family off to college with 40k. They use some of it to pay their bills at college, get some back for good grades and also graduate with about 40k. Or, you send them with 10k, to pay their bills at college, and then when they graduate, get their parents to wire over 40k. Now they have 50k to buy a house.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#4459 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enjoysMusic11
I'd love a mod that lets my sims bring some of their family's money with them to college and when they graduate too. It just seems so nonsensical when the heir of the Goths goes to college and aside from her scholarships is dirt poor. And giving money to them too makes so that they have more variety of where they want to move in too after college.

That is very easy to do without mods.

Buy any # of the 5k statues just before they leave in the amount you want them to have and place them in there inventory but you will need to take them out once there and sell them so they do not lose value.

Rinse and repeat if needed when they go back to the main hood.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#4460 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:59 PM
I thought that objects didn't deprecate while in inventory?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#4461 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 1:17 PM
It would be great to have an eaasier way to use bodyshape in game : I mean that only the clothes of your current bodyshape would appear in the buying dialog...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Test Subject
#4462 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 2:43 PM
i want to see a mod that makes the UI look more like the beta one from gamescom (the purple one)

tumblryoutubeartwork
Mad Poster
#4463 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zynethyst
i want to see a mod that makes the UI look more like the beta one from gamescom (the purple one)

Spendel appears to be looking into this. See post # 57 in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...0#startcomments
Theorist
#4464 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 10:52 AM
I'd like an interaction like 'buy coffee for' for drinks at a bar.
Lab Assistant
#4465 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 4:27 PM
I know it might be feasible, but I would love a hack/program to be able to change sim heights permanently, without going through all the trouble in SimPE.
Link Ninja
#4466 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'd like an interaction like 'buy coffee for' for drinks at a bar.

You'd think they'd have put that into night life with the whole aspect of dating since they already had it for coffee the Ep right before!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#4467 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galit123
I know it might be feasible, but I would love a hack/program to be able to change sim heights permanently, without going through all the trouble in SimPE.

Its not even that hard... Its probably possible to automate the process though.
Instructor
#4468 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 9:43 AM
I would like that will would take back the license from TS" and give us a present one last ultimate ep with some things we do wish for the game.
diferent farm animals
a new age (the middle age we all talk about)
possibility to change shoes (that is the only thing i envy on ts3 and ts4)
height and weight slides
bikes and bicycles
i do not need to go with the sim to his work but i really would like that for instance people would really go and vote for the mayor like in rl (based in popularity and influence points)
more activities during the seasons (surfing on summer/ skiing in winter/)
etc

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Mad Poster
#4469 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 1:37 PM
That's a dream I've had for years. That someone at EA would remember TS2 is still the hallmark of all sims games and throw its loyal players one last great ep, a super-sized one with updated clothes and objects and standardizing some of the best cc we've found through the years. Sighhh....

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#4470 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 12:07 AM
farm animals could be do-able for Sims2; I recall people mentioning at least some mods/hacks for that. do not remember where.
bikes & bicycles might also be do-able for Sims2.
new age; the steps for adding any would probably be the same as the steps done to add Young Adult. and adding Young Adult probably involved changes to the game engine.
shoes and height/weight sliders; those I imagine are also game engine things.
sims vote for mayor; from my understanding, none of the current versions have actual government positions. though some things in the game might imply such positions. voting could be a thing that players imagine.
various seasons activities might also be do-able; if the animations for such activities already exist.

best chance for another expansion might be if the game engine becomes public domain.
Mad Poster
#4471 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 12:16 AM
Farm animals and vehicles have been done. They involve adding NPCs to your downloads folder, so anyone using them should back up the whole game before adding them, in case they're a disappointment.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#4472 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 12:19 AM
To be fair, height can be done, albeit with some SimPE tweaking. I bookmarked these tutorials for when I finally start moving in Sims into Fort Osceola. Perhaps this could be of some use to you?

http://chickadeelee.livejournal.com/27149.html
http://modthesims.info/t/132248

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Mad Poster
#4473 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Farm animals and vehicles have been done. They involve adding NPCs to your downloads folder, so anyone using them should back up the whole game before adding them, in case they're a disappointment.

I've never seen a farm animal with any kind of realistic movement.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4474 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 1:09 AM
All available farm animals have draw backs. Beks have an NPC controlling them and plenty of known bugs. Then there are sun&Moons which don't add an NPC but they just randomly jump from square to square.

Bicycles are available as NPC controlled ones or as vehicles.

Middle age can only be done via cc clothes, hair, lines. An actual middle age would be great.

Height can be adjusted via a cheat'

Shoes can be changed if you use top only and a bottom only cc clothes.

I count mayoral votes by looking at the relationship panel. I add up all friendship top points minus any enemy points.

There is a surfing mod. Again it has limits and also includes an NPC.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4475 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 1:54 PM
I thought amora was asking for those things to be integrated a bit more seamlessly. The modders are invaluable, but of course they face limitations that EA wouldn't. I was just looking at TashaFaun's npc job pack someone linked to; I wish someone would add the jobs she didn't get a chance to, especially the newspaper delivery kid.
Page 179 of 582