Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 9:43 AM
I have been following the posts in this thread for some time now and thinking furiously at the same time. And I still don't quite understand the problem.
In each new edition of The Sims something was removed and something was new.
I have been the Sims fan from the beginning so it is now 14 years and counting. I experienced the switch from TS1 to TS2 which in itself was smooth and easy since in the game so many new options were better than in the previous one. However I had to adjust my style of playing because the way I played TS1 couldn't be adapted to TS2. And I although there were so many super new things, I still missed ( and miss) some features from TS1 ( of course I mean here all the expansions included)
The switch from TS2 to TS3 was veeery painful for me. But it can be my personal, subjective opinion. However the fact remains that again there were new things/ aspects of the game( and again I had to adjust the style of playing.) while many old ones were removed.
Now we have a new edition and the problem is the same.
What is my point?
With each new edition the producers concentrate on a different aspect. Everybody knows what that is so I won't repeat the obvious. Each edition offers something new and removes something in return. So what is the problem with TS4 here?
I agree some of the decisions are hard to understand but we don't know where the inevitable EPs will lead us.
Why don't we just wait and see?
Or maybe The Sims series simply outlived itself and will peter out eventually and we are facing The Sims demise?
Advertisement
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#152 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:48 PM
I wanna say that sims 4 a more degrading than evolving

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#153 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 12:57 AM
Unsticking because it's becoming obsolete now.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Page 7 of 7