Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
im not installing this i dont have any real bugs touchwood that havent been fixed by user mods !!!!

That's true. Users solved more bugs than this patch does...
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:24 PM Last edited by romagi : 1st Dec 2010 at 4:59 PM.
After reading on another forum that the launcher didn't put ALL the patches in their game I went and checked my numbers, and even tho it did several patches it did NOT do all of them. To get all my versions to match the new numbers I am having to manually patch some of them. Just a heads up

Thanks to the above posted links!
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:38 PM
It won't install... argh. It says "Update Error: Invalid File Found" after everything's done, i.e went through the downloading phase, then actually installing it. The progress bar fills all the way, then it pops up with the error. I think it's installing the Ambitions version. Probably an error with my various mods. Bout time I stopped cheating and actually played a clean game, eh.
Inventor
#29 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:54 PM Last edited by romagi : 2nd Dec 2010 at 2:59 AM.
Nope, you are not alone. I was typing while I was installing the patches the launcher missed. When I got to the AM patch I got the invalid file so I am redownloading it now to see if that fixes it. I took my whole mods folder out before doing the patches so I don't think that is it.

Edit: Still didn't fix the AM patch.

Edit #2: I think they have updated the AM patch. I DL it from there again and this time it worked.
Banned
#30 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 7:02 PM
I am a bit new to the modding thing when it comes to patches? Do I need to download and install ALL mod updates, or will some still work as is? I'm a bit confused (and worried) about knowing which mods would need updating and which wouldn't. I figured AM and Twallans Story Progression would. Other then that, I don't have the slightest clue.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:24 AM
Just to confirm Create-a-World still works fine with this update.
Banned
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:41 AM
I'd also like to ask HystericalParoxysm if this patch fixes the issue that he fixed with his mod. Can I remove the mod you made, after installing the patch??
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:01 PM
It is about time! I couldn't even paly the game before because of the "hitching." Now I notice that is is way too easy to gain celebrity points. I think EA is really getting sloopy!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:03 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:18 PM.
kathy2852 - Do you mean that it's easier to gain celebrity points with 1.18 vs 1.17? Cos I have a mod for that which was made with 1.17... I didn't see anything in the patch notes regarding celebrity-related changes, but if that's changed... eh, I should really go and see if I need to update that. Bah.

Edit: Whee, no changes made to that XML, no updates needed.

Unfortunately they didn't fix the routing issue in Bridgeport, so that hasn't been changed either, even though it should have been.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romagi
After reading on another forum that the launcher didn't put ALL the patches in their game I went and checked my numbers, and even tho it did several patches it did NOT do all of them. To get all my versions to match the new numbers I am having to manually patch some of them. Just a heads up
This had also happened to me. I didn't even notice until I tried to use the Any Game Starter to just open Ambitions and it wouldn't work because it wasn't patched! I use FordGT90Concept's Patch Downloader, way more effective than the launcher.
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:33 PM
hmm somebody should put what mods that are still compatible with the new patch.. hehehe if its not too much to ask..
Field Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:51 PM
And (popular) mods that are incompatible.
I won't upgrade just yet.

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
retired moderator
#38 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:56 PM
ejack681 - That would be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge list, considering how many mods are out there. You should already have your mods together in one folder - check back with the creators to see if they've said whether they're compatible or not.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:14 PM
"The Grim Reaper will no longer be prevented from reaping souls due to band affiliation."

Best. bug. ever.

How is Grimmy even affiliated with a band? XD
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:11 PM
Hey there. I got Late night but the game dosent work with Awesomemods...what can i do to make it work with awesomemods? Can someone help me with this,pls?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#41 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:38 PM
Wait until Awesomemod is updated.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
retired moderator
#42 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:03 PM
We are all trash - I'd imagine he probably is into death metal.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:17 PM
patch worked out okay for me but it now seems impossible to make new sims in new games happy!!!! They have loads of positive moodlets but it has become five times as hard to get their mood to 'elated'...

Anyone else noticed this?
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:07 AM
"Now the warning....
Okay, before the patch my game ran fairly smoothly but suffered all the other well documented problems.
Now, since this patch, it is totally impossible to play and freezes every few seconds. So I can't even be bothered to see if the Bartenders are back at work yet!"

@Flaygor,
I saw one thing over on the official forums that worked for me. You'll have to put up with the freezing and around 3am in the game it just goes away. I've since saved and reloaded after this point and it's still going fine. I have no idea why this happened the way it is. Be warned that playing with the freezing can be extremely painful, so be patient and I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Overall though, it's a disappointing patch as there are plenty of very obvious bugs yet to be fixed. One that annoys me is I dropped a sim from my band but I can't replace them with another sim as the game says the band is full even though it only has three members (and this is shown correctly in the band tab).
Instructor
#45 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 6:16 PM
So I'm getting the little pop up that says "You have installed game modifications that are incompatible with the current patch level blah blah blah". I took out my hacks folder (leaving in only clothes, hair, patterns and custom skins) and I'm still getting it. Did this patch break custom skins or anything of that nature?

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 6:30 PM
@Ranissa

Possibly a dumb question, but did you delete your cache files after removing your mods?

These are CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and simCompositorCache.package (In Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder if you're using XP). If you're using windows, some suggest deleting your windows temp files may be a good idea.

Try the game and hopefully that annoying message should go away. Check to see if your mods have been updated or if the mod creator says an update isn't needed and replace them as required. Then you can try them back in the game.
Instructor
#47 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Ranissa : 3rd Dec 2010 at 9:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by spiderfang2001
@Ranissa

Possibly a dumb question, but did you delete your cache files after removing your mods?

These are CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and simCompositorCache.package (In Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder if you're using XP). If you're using windows, some suggest deleting your windows temp files may be a good idea.

Try the game and hopefully that annoying message should go away. Check to see if your mods have been updated or if the mod creator says an update isn't needed and replace them as required. Then you can try them back in the game.

I did all that before posting. That's why I'm rather confused. :o) Went ahead and went into the game and it plays fine but I get the dreaded Error 16 when trying to save. I'll start taking things out one by one 'til I find it but...rather annoying when it's something simple rather than a game-changing mod (which I updated all of them, heh).

Edit: I just took ALL CC out and tried starting the game (after deleting the cache files) and I'm still getting the error. Looks like this is now a "my game is borked" thing, so off to the help forum I go.

Edit2: Awww, HP, thanks. For anyone who cares, Step 3 (Removing User Files) fixed the issue, up to and including being able to save. I even managed to put my Saves and such back with no issues. Weird but yay for directions.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
retired moderator
#48 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM
"Looks like this is now a "my game is borked" thing, so off to the help forum I go."

*falls over in shock* Someone actually doing that without having to be prodded to? I'm amazed, delighted, and wish to feed you cookies!

Forum Resident
#49 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 4:22 AM
I have two questions.
1. Are there direct link for sequential update for BG/WA/HELS/AMB? I mean like this, from 1.17 to 1.18 for BG.
2. Do I have to download all the updates for all EP/SP that I have right now? I mean, the last BG 1.15 to 1.17 have 262MB size (I download it in 3+ hours) or the FLS 5.0 to 5.2 have 101MB size. It such a pain to download all these big size update.

Thank you.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#50 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 11:33 AM
There aren't, but you can figure them out pretty easily. Go here: Game Help:Sims 3 Patching/Patch Downloadwiki. Because there has only been one patch for LN, there's no uniblob; copy the url for the LN patch for your region and replace the version numbers with the ones you want. Be aware though that EA don't offer the regular patches reliably any more, which is why we link to the uniblobs.

You need to patch at least the base game and your latest EP/SP. If you use AGS, you need to patch the others too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 2 of 3