Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Kitchen and Bath stuff from B.o.B keeps deleting itself!
As you can see in the title, I have huge problems with my Best of Business Collection. Yes, I have looked in help, but my problem is so specific that what's covered in Help doesn't even come CLOSE to what I'm looking for. EAxis support has done precisely NOTHING for me. The final insult was sending me the link that fixes the PIE MENUS for the K&B objects! Hello! Can't fix something if it disappears from my game!

I have no clue why this happens. I'll install BoB and have a grand old time decorating my Sims bathrooms and kitchens. I'll play the game, then exit for one reason or another. When I go back into my game, the Kitchen and Bath Stuff content is GONE. As in, was never there in the first place! Oh the collection folders are still there, but there isn't anything in them! I've had to resort to downloading CC kitchen and bathroom sets just to make up for it.

Usually this problem only occured when I installed a new game on my computer, but search me why this would delete just one minor aspect of my Sims 2 game. Now it just does it at random, and not even uninstalling and re-installing BoB has fixed this! EA support refuses to even give me a hint as to what might be the problem, but from what I keep reading; they don't even care to figure it out! So PLEASE, some omnipotent simmer our there, tell me you've had this happen and know how to fix it!

My computer meets all game requirements, only drawback is that I have Integrated Graphics; but I'm hesitant to count that against TS2 considering I have games far newer and heavier than that on my machine that work flawlessly with what I have hardware-wise.

Believe me when I say I HAVE tried everything under the sun...you have no idea the hades I've been through to even get a ghost of an answer (forget EA Support, seriously).
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 2:00 PM
Are you by any chance using the accursed game launcher? That thing is great at uninstalling EPs at random, so if you haven't already, you should bypass it: Game Help:Bypassing Launcherwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 2:11 PM Last edited by Auluna : 22nd Apr 2012 at 8:12 PM.
Would it be prone to just borking Stuff Pack content? Because as far as I can tell it leaves the other two parts of BoB alone...(Will definitely give that a try though, thank you)

Note: Gotta do a complete reinstall of the whole game *headdeskX10* I had that blasted Store Edition that liked to act funny. Going to do that then the voodoo that you linked and see what happens...
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Are you by any chance using the accursed game launcher? That thing is great at uninstalling EPs at random, so if you haven't already, you should bypass it: Game Help:Bypassing Launcherwiki

I tried to do this and when I hit apply, a window popped up saying it doesn't exist. I tried EP6 and EP7. I've got all the ep's and sp's except the holiday/celebration stuff. What else can I try??
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimberlymorse26
I tried to do this and when I hit apply, a window popped up saying it doesn't exist. I tried EP6 and EP7. I've got all the ep's and sp's except the holiday/celebration stuff. What else can I try??

I managed to get the Fun with pEts collection to do this, but when I clicked on the shortcut to open the game it told me I need to run the Fun with pets collection. Wth?? This is agravating!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 6:37 AM
did you use the launcher for the fun with pets this time then?
or the one for the BoB?

if you used the pets starter I go WTH?? too

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:48 AM
What's the name of the game process, in task manager? That's what you need to put in the shortcut box.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:21 PM
Luckily my latest EP was Apartment Life, and the bypass was already there (just copied the .exe from the AL folder). Don't want to jinx it, but so far so good. Thanks again whiterider! But I dropkicked Store Edition to the curb (Don't ask me why I still had it...)
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mr_db1
did you use the launcher for the fun with pets this time then?
or the one for the BoB?

if you used the pets starter I go WTH?? too

I've tried using the launcher, changing the target, and the only thing that works (to a point) is when I change the target form BonVoyage but when I click on it, I get a message to use the fun with pets collection. If I try to change the target on the fun with pets collection, i get a message to run the fun with pets collection..which is a digital download package from origin. Where would I find the .exe to try to bypass that launcher?
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 7:11 AM
What's the name of the game process, in task manager? That's what you need to put in the shortcut box.

I'm kinda computer-intelligence challenged, what do you mean by game process in task manager?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:27 AM
I mean, when you hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up task manager (while the game is running) and go to the Processes tab, what's the entry for TS2 called?

Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 3:40 PM
You said you've got all the SP's except the holiday ones, which means you need to be running EP9 in the Mansion and Garden's folder. It's a tricky one that, because it's called a Stuff Pack, but works more like an Expansion.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 5:54 PM
I'm not sure whether or not the combination packs change that behaviour, though.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:20 PM
Ah, good point. I just assumed it would still be the latest EP, but those combo packs are a mess.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:01 PM
I mean, when you hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up task manager (while the game is running) and go to the Processes tab, what's the entry for TS2 called?

It's Sims2EP9.exe when I try changing the target to that, I still get the message that the path is not valid.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Ah, good point. I just assumed it would still be the latest EP, but those combo packs are a mess.

Seriously regretting buying direct downloads. it was under $40 3 different collections with three ep's per collection-in the long run not worth it with problems like this. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it!
Site Helper
#17 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:30 AM
Could you please give us the full path that you are specifying? You can get rid of any personal information, like your user name on your computer. However, it might be helpful for us to understand exactly what your target is set to.

Also, are you sure that you don't have any version of the Store Edition installed? The Store Edition comes with so many things that it might have slipped in accidentally.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Could you please give us the full path that you are specifying? You can get rid of any personal information, like your user name on your computer. However, it might be helpful for us to understand exactly what your target is set to.

Also, are you sure that you don't have any version of the Store Edition installed? The Store Edition comes with so many things that it might have slipped in accidentally.

Target from Fun with Pets icon: "C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\EP4\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe"

This is under Origin Games because its one of 3 collections I downloaded. They all show under Origin in the target field.

I don't see anything noting the Sims2 store at all, tho. Thanks I really appreciate everyone trying to help me!
Site Helper
#19 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:50 PM
You need to find the correct path for your Sims2EP9.exe. It is definitely not "C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\EP4\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe".
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 12:58 AM Last edited by kimberlymorse26 : 28th Apr 2012 at 1:17 AM.
Thats the link that comes up in the target field in the same icon I use to start the game. How would I find another path? All the collection files are under Origin Games. I tried clicking on "Find Target" (under same properties option). It brought up a folder with the launcher icon, the Sims EP4 icon, and a TSUPD icon. I clicked on the EP4 icon and it did not bring up the game. I double clicked and got same result. I went into my documents screen and clicked on folders. Went to Local Drive (hard drive) and clicked program files-checked the ea games folder, these collections are not in there. They are in a folder all their own called Origin games. Thought about moving them to the EA Games folder but it said it could cause programs not to work so I didn't move them. Please let me know what I can do or if you need more info?
Site Helper
#21 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 1:27 AM
Search your disk for Sims2EP9.exe. That's the path that you need. On Windows XP, I just right click on my C:\ drive in Windows Explorer and choose Search... from the context menu. If you are running a different operating system, you should still have something similar available.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Search your disk for Sims2EP9.exe. That's the path that you need. On Windows XP, I just right click on my C:\ drive in Windows Explorer and choose Search... from the context menu. If you are running a different operating system, you should still have something similar available.

Using windows xp also. The path is C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\SP9\TSBin. Tried changing icon target to this and it accepted it but won't run. I've tried double clicking on the icon in the windows explorer when it came up, and that didn't start the game
Site Helper
#23 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 2:10 AM
You have Target set to "C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" (including the quotes) and "Start in" set to "C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\SP9" (including the quotes)?
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 2:09 PM
I copied and pasted both from your post above and still not working. It accepts the changes, but the icon doesn't run the game. Opening the folder and clicking on the icon for sims2ep9 doesn't run the game. Tried Start-All Programs-EA Games-Fun with pets collection-fun with pets, that didn't work. Tried same but chose Apartment Life from start menu and it wont bring up the game either. I'm not sure what to do at this point. ?
Site Helper
#25 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 3:01 PM
I'm stumped.

Would you try just one more thing for me? I assume that you've been changing the existing launcher shortcut. Try creating a brand new shortcut, using the full path for Sims2EP9.exe, rather than modifying the existing shortcut.
Page 1 of 2